Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Winchester 400 - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Winchester 400

#1 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:22 AM

Linda and I will be leaving early Friday morning to head down to the 44th annual Winchester 400. Hoping to see Erik Jones pull off the $100,000 triple crown win!!

Anyone else heading down??
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#2 User is offline   Little-Beach Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:RACING!!!

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:40 AM

I will be headed down to race.
Race each race as if it would be your last!
Jon Beach $ Super Late Model
2005 Auto City Speedway Street Stock Rookie of The Year
2006 Owooso Speedway Modified Rookie of The Year
2007 USA Modifieds Series Rookie of The Year
2013 Berlin Raceway Super Late Model Rookie of The Year

#3 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Icon

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostLittle-Beach, on 06 October 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

I will be headed down to race.

Cool Jon, we'll look for ya down there!!

#4 User is offline   rjb Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

Hey Ed, come on over to Eldora Saturday night. Short drive and should be more than 100 sprint cars. We then will head over Sunday for the 400.

#5 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Icon

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

View Postrjb, on 06 October 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

Hey Ed, come on over to Eldora Saturday night. Short drive and should be more than 100 sprint cars. We then will head over Sunday for the 400.

Very tempting my friend, but I'm signed on for the whole weekend at Winchester. So much racing going on there, and we've got a lot of friends were getting together with throughout the weekend. Over the years, we've went to at least 10 of the 400's at Winchester. During that time, we've met some great racin folks.

It's pretty neat, you end up sitting in the grandstands with a lot of racin personalities, drivers and media people, and just great race fans, and it's different each day.

Have fun at Eldora!!! We're at the track real early Sunday morning, maybe I'll see ya then!!

#6 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:48 AM

If things work out well, hoping to do the double.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#7 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Icon

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:57 PM

What a GREAT weekend!!!

Erik did it, he won his 3rd Winchester 400 in a row, and collected the $100,000 bonus for winning the 3 triple crown races. Man that kid can drive!!

Another kid that can drive (not such a kid anymore) is our very own Jon Beach. No one came close to turning as many laps around that wicked fast half mile than Jon, no one even close....

Jon competed in the CRA/Jegs Series 100 lap race on Friday night, then he competed in the CRA LM Sportsman 50 lapper on Saturday night (5th place finish), and then he started 37th out of 38 starters in the Winchester 400, and stayed running right until the very end and ended up with a 13th place finish!!! Not too bad at all, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING HE DID ALL THIS WITH JUST ONE CAR!!! Jon and his Dad, Mike, were the ONLY pit crew, and did all the work to make the necessary changes for each class, all by themselves. All weekend long they were getting the car ready for the next class. Amazing dedication.

GREAT JOB BEACHES!!!

You may not of heard us, but Linda and I were cheering for ya!!

#8 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostBigEd, on 13 October 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

What a GREAT weekend!!!

Erik did it, he won his 3rd Winchester 400 in a row, and collected the $100,000 bonus for winning the 3 triple crown races. Man that kid can drive!!

Another kid that can drive (not such a kid anymore) is our very own Jon Beach. No one came close to turning as many laps around that wicked fast half mile than Jon, no one even close....

Jon competed in the CRA/Jegs Series 100 lap race on Friday night, then he competed in the CRA LM Sportsman 50 lapper on Saturday night (5th place finish), and then he started 37th out of 38 starters in the Winchester 400, and stayed running right until the very end and ended up with a 13th place finish!!! Not too bad at all, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING HE DID ALL THIS WITH JUST ONE CAR!!! Jon and his Dad, Mike, were the ONLY pit crew, and did all the work to make the necessary changes for each class, all by themselves. All weekend long they were getting the car ready for the next class. Amazing dedication.

GREAT JOB BEACHES!!!

I dont know the Beach's but let me tell you, you guys are my new hero's! All that racing with one car, that is amazing!

#9 User is offline   Little-Beach Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:RACING!!!

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostBigEd, on 14 October 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

What a GREAT weekend!!!

GREAT JOB BEACHES!!!

Thanks for the kind words Big Ed. A lot of work went into this weekend! We were glad to be able to load the car in the trailer under its own power at the end of the weekend. This weekend was something we talked about doing all winter then all summer long. With Winchester Speedway being one of my favorite tracks it was pretty cool to have a race to be in each day.
Race each race as if it would be your last!
Jon Beach $ Super Late Model
2005 Auto City Speedway Street Stock Rookie of The Year
2006 Owooso Speedway Modified Rookie of The Year
2007 USA Modifieds Series Rookie of The Year
2013 Berlin Raceway Super Late Model Rookie of The Year

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users