Michigan Short Track Racing Club: I appoligize to my crew, Your Welcome #00 - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I appoligize to my crew, Your Welcome #00

#21 User is offline   racnpartsales Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

Dave Bigos wrote this post to start with so I want to make it clear my reply is not directed totally at Dave although much will fit - It is directed towards the Pro Late Models at Owosso and Dixie Speedway.

Seems to me here what we have is a failure to communicate.

Each week at the drivers meeting we talk about the value of respect. Just about every single one.

Nearly every week (1 feature went caution free at Dixie and maybe one at Owosso too in the Pro late model division.) there are caution flags in the Pro Late Models.

I know it is not the racing surface at either facility - because you can move up or down divisions and they are capable of running caution free and have great racing. Sportsman, Pro Stocks, Mods, Bombers all can and do- go green

white checkers. Only the Pro Late Models seem to be plagued by this phenomenon. Why exactly is that? It is respect .

There are a handful of individuals that do not see the value in either racing someone without blocking or racing someone without rooting them.

It is pathetic to hear the bitc*es and excuses week after week. We have black flagged people- we have suspended people.

I explained it in the drivers meeting last week- If your involvement in cautions is repeated you don't have far to look for the problem. Just step in to your bathroom and look above the vanity.

Driving from the bottom grove up to the top at Owosso is chicken crap driving.

Driving a blocking line at Dixie half way up and then shutting the door is the same thing.

Putting the bumper to someone instead of trying different lines is no better at all!

Chopping them when they have showed you the nose is bullsh*t. Some do it repeatedly.

It gets very easy to blame a track or someone else for troubles we all have on the race track. Easy is not always what is right. You have to in fairness ask yourself am I part of the problem?

You have to set standards for yourself as a driver. Drive as hard as you can under control each and every lap and give the guy who bought a pit pass just like you- racing next to you a lane to race.

There are people that are rarely involved in cautions who are hard clean racers.

This is not directed at them at all. The problem is that type A - charge to the front racer type personalities usually believe they do no wrong. Guess what? There are grandstands full of people who see it otherwise!

People bitch at the track and want us to make the call - MAN UP and drive like the other divisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not been to any west side tracks this year - but every east side/central/north that i have been to is spinner spinnee

gentlemans agreement. It goes like this: Usually at the races you go to watch a certain car or 2. If your with that crew you watch their every move. You can see who touched them at what point and where. Many times we have

20 plus cars on the track at the same time. There is no way to make determination calls and get them right unless you have a state of the art video system. We do not have that. We have tracks full of drivers who are good

people. They know when they have run someone wrong. People sometimes complains when Dennis stops a car and asks them what they are gonna do. The reason is honor and respect. If I have to explain that to you and

clearly define it - then this probably will go no where with you.

Spinner/Spinnee is not perfect at all. It is Waaaaaaaay more perfect than spotter calls. I have been on the radio at more than enough tracks to have a spotter say they spun out on their own and then seconds later the driver is

pulling up to tap out that caused the problem. On the instance that Dave is referring to above- he asked me after the races what i thought about it. I did not see it at all! I was watching the 3rd, 4th, 5th place cars that had some

contact and we had addressed already with the driver. I know of a track that injects judgement calls because they view it to be the best way for them. I also see them skewered regularly because of judgement calls.

We all are part of this deal we all love called racing. There are people involved- so it aint perfect! Some days it sucks. Most of the time when it does suck you have broke, have been wrecked or got a bad decision by the track or

by your buddy racing next to you. The best fastest way for this all to come to an end is for everybody to man up- race hard and stay off the guy next to you. Those nights everyone goes home moderately happy. How do I know

that to be the case? Cause it happens quite frequently at Owosso when the mods are on. If there have been more than 5 cautions all season due to involvement than I would be amazed. It can be done. Go do it for yourselves.
Jeff Parish Promoter
springportmotorspeedway.com
(989)395-0933

#22 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

The ones blocking the most seem to think everyone else is at fault. Running people off the backstretch is a popular move at Owosso. We need a pic a lane flag that is half yellow and half black, maybe that being waved at some will let them know everyone is watching and can see what they are doing. If the yellow/black does not get their attention then they are warned that the black flag is next for them.

We all watch a few certain cars bounce off everyone that is near them or tries to pass them. The talk at the drivers meeting seems to go unnoticed by these racers so black flag them. They will notice that.

We know the 00 drives clean and hard and has proved his stuff many,many times. I never see his car out of control.

#23 User is offline   racnpartsales Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (mod911 @ Aug 26 2009, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ones blocking the most seem to think everyone else is at fault. Running people off the backstretch is a popular move at Owosso. We need a pic a lane flag that is half yellow and half black, maybe that being waved at some will let them know everyone is watching and can see what they are doing. If the yellow/black does not get their attention then they are warned that the black flag is next for them.

We all watch a few certain cars bounce off everyone that is near them or tries to pass them. The talk at the drivers meeting seems to go unnoticed by these racers so black flag them. They will notice that.

We know the 00 drives clean and hard and has proved his stuff many,many times. I never see his car out of control.

Dick, I was thinking this exact same thing this week (about the flag) the long term solution is going to be mandatory raceivers for each facility for 2010. Then everyone will be clear who is being viewed as the problem at the time and who needs to correct their line.

It will also enhance the line up speed.

Thank you for the input.

Jeff Parish Promoter
(989)395-0933

#24 User is offline   Rocky Icon

• Filthy Sailor
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (racnpartsales @ Aug 25 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dick, I was thinking this exact same thing this week (about the flag) the long term solution is going to be mandatory raceivers for each facility for 2010. Then everyone will be clear who is being viewed as the problem at the time and who needs to correct their line.

It will also enhance the line up speed.

Thank you for the input.

MANDATORY RACIEVERS HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!! Jeff that would be a fantastic move. DOn't know if I'll see you guys in 2010 or 2011 (sea duty) but that would be a fantastic move.
Imported From Saginaw.
(Va) Langley Speedway-1
(Va) Virginia Motor Speedway-1
(Tn) Volunteer Speedway-1
(Tn) Bristol Motor speedway-1

Lifetime Total 36 tracks in 10 states. Please, please, please don't let it rain on Saturday anymore this season.

#25 User is offline   team21 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (firechild @ Aug 25 2009, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They aint gonna send the 00 to the rear,you know he aint gonna tap they would have put both of you to the rear,or you by yourself, I agree the track needs to make more calls especially when its obvious look when they pump his motor he gets to put it in gear because hes got a reverse mount starter and a small flywheel it spins to fast,and it makes his motor to big, HMMMMMMM,

To make that statement show's you have no idea to what your talking about. If i'm correct they 00 and 29 have the same engine builder and motor's are the same but they use different heads. I could be wrong but, it was what i was told. The Pro late models are getting out of hand with spins and crashes. Like what was said in the drivers meeting , it is the same cars spinning and causeing crashes and just plain out driving out of control.

#26 User is offline   kmaki18 Icon

• Kyle "The Kid" Maki
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Rocky @ Aug 25 2009, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MANDATORY RACIEVERS HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!! Jeff that would be a fantastic move. DOn't know if I'll see you guys in 2010 or 2011 (sea duty) but that would be a fantastic move.

Racievers mandatory, maybe with the option of having a radio system? Just a thought *(dont start bashing me lol)...I do believe that if you have a quality spotter and a rookie, or a driver who does not have much experience it makes all the difference in the world of being aware of your surroundings to have a radio in the car. Just my two cents worth, hope everyone has a great day.

As far as Dave goes, I was not there to see it...but Dave does race hard, I have had a on track situation with him but have moved on. On the other hand, I dont believe there is a driver out there, including Dave, that intentionally wants to wreck another competitor...it costs way too much to do that. Hopefully you guys can all figure this out, and hope to see you all next year at the Big O
Kyle Maki #18 Fire Depot/RJS Racing Legends
http://www.bishopperformance.net/

#27 User is offline   Rocky Icon

• Filthy Sailor
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (kmaki18 @ Aug 25 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Racievers mandatory, maybe with the option of having a radio system? Just a thought *(dont start bashing me lol)...I do believe that if you have a quality spotter and a rookie, or a driver who does not have much experience it makes all the difference in the world of being aware of your surroundings to have a radio in the car. Just my two cents worth, hope everyone has a great day.

As far as Dave goes, I was not there to see it...but Dave does race hard, I have had a on track situation with him but have moved on. On the other hand, I dont believe there is a driver out there, including Dave, that intentionally wants to wreck another competitor...it costs way too much to do that. Hopefully you guys can all figure this out, and hope to see you all next year at the Big O

If you have a two way radio you can use it for blocking purposes, one of the things they are trying to curb. thousands of dollars versus a couple hundred etc.... If you want to run a radio there are series and stuff that you can. Local racing my oppinion just isn't the right place for it. However I only hope Jeff can push this through I know it will meet heavy opposition. But then again why do I care I am not the guy with a late model and I don't even live there.

Hey man that wasn't a bash just thoughts I've raced with a raciever and don't find it intrusive.
Imported From Saginaw.
(Va) Langley Speedway-1
(Va) Virginia Motor Speedway-1
(Tn) Volunteer Speedway-1
(Tn) Bristol Motor speedway-1

Lifetime Total 36 tracks in 10 states. Please, please, please don't let it rain on Saturday anymore this season.

#28 User is offline   DRTmotorsports Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

Pretty poor to lump all the Pro Late Model drivers in one group in my opinion. I keep reading about the same guys each week, but it was chosen to lump all drivers in one group, rather than handle the problem itself.
Duane Turner
Morrice, MI

#29 User is offline   racinray75 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:ummm racing

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (DRTmotorsports @ Aug 25 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty poor to lump all the Pro Late Model drivers in one group in my opinion. I keep reading about the same guys each week, but it was chosen to lump all drivers in one group, rather than handle the problem itself.

Quote from Jeff

"There are people that are rarely involved in cautions who are hard clean racers.

This is not directed at them at all."

What more do you want?

#30 User is offline   circusracer Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (DRTmotorsports @ Aug 25 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a suggestion, take off the fenders and see if that helps. The mods seem to go caution free quite a bit. biggrin.gif
Laci Donnert #1 Modified, crew chief #2 Modified.

#31 User is offline   hard1 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

Whens the last time youve been to dixie i think between late models and the mods there about tied. I say go double file restarts and let them duke it out. Single file is boring. Just my opinion.

#32 User is offline   circusracer Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (hard1 @ Aug 25 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whens the last time youve been to dixie i think between late models and the mods there about tied. I say go double file restarts and let them duke it out. Single file is boring. Just my opinion.

I was there last Friday, and the mods went caution free.
Laci Donnert #1 Modified, crew chief #2 Modified.

#33 User is offline   kermit2 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

Two new classes....

Late Model Sportsman,

Late Model Unsportsman....

The difference is in the payout.

In LMS the pay is normal style.

In LMU it's winner take all.

It will settle a few bets.
Dale Malusi

#34 User is offline   racinray75 Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

Mods had two bad nights all year at Dixie, other than that they have been very clean, NO WAY TIED. In two years racing mods there I had my car wrecked once!

Ray

#35 User is offline   mod24 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

Ray is your car going to be back together for Friday night?

#36 User is offline   racinray75 Icon

• Icon

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

no, Rods looking for a ride lol

Ray

#37 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (circusracer @ Aug 25 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was there last Friday, and the mods went caution free.

There's been a lot less cautions and wrecks in the mods, but a couple really bad ones, and a lot of close calls... always centered around the same couple of cars.

All year at Dixie, I have rolled into the back of 2 cars coming out of 4 #75 and #58 and the #58 rolled into me once... no harm, no foul, not even a wiggle from either car in either incident. (I tried like hell to hit the 71b one night when he was in front of me, but that didnt work out.) icon_mrgreen.gif

My point is that in the mods its not the whole class, and it's not that dirty for most of the field. I can't speak for the latemodels but everytime they are up before us, I seem to have my legs go to sleep while I'm waiting in the chute for nearly an hour.

I think everyone has made the point on the #00 latemodel, those guys don't need to race dirty, and Mark has been passing a lot of cars for a long time, if he had to drive dirty to do it someone would have said something a long time ago. You guys would be ashamed of yourselves if you knew how often they were running used tires to beat you.

The real reason for the post is: Why wait until next year for Raceceivers?
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

IMCA @ Tri City Speedway August 31st
Boone Supernationals September 4-8
Crystal Motor Speedway Sept 15-16
I-96 Speedway Sept 22-23
Outlaw Speedway (Dundee, NY) October 19-20

Follow @highinthedirt on Twitter and Instagram!

Follow me on Facebook!

#38 User is offline   Robinson11 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing, Women, and Music. What else do you need?

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Raceceivers yes, they will help in almost every aspect, radios not at all or we will be seeing more drivers chopping each other off in the corners if they know who's behind them. Like jeff said it comes down to respect of your fellow competitors.

#39 User is offline   firechild Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:RACING HUNTING FISHING

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (Robinson11 @ Aug 28 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raceceivers yes, they will help in almost every aspect, radios not at all or we will be seeing more drivers chopping each other off in the corners if they know who's behind them. Like jeff said it comes down to respect of your fellow competitors.

I dont get how having radios would promote more blocking if you got a radio theres no way you could say I didnt know they was there,if a guys running a certain line and someones going to pass and the guy changes his line black flag him and give him a couple weeks off, aint that hard to tell if someones blocking, and the price of a radio is alot cheaper than a new quick change or a rear clip because someone runs over you, the supers run Radios and you dont see a bunch of blocking,and if its the same guys give em a couple weeks off, Ive been to Dixie and Owosso and I have yet to see someone Black flagged for wrecking someone

#40 User is offline   racnpartsales Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (firechild @ Aug 29 2009, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont get how having radios would promote more blocking if you got a radio theres no way you could say I didnt know they was there,if a guys running a certain line and someones going to pass and the guy changes his line black flag him and give him a couple weeks off, aint that hard to tell if someones blocking, and the price of a radio is alot cheaper than a new quick change or a rear clip because someone runs over you, the supers run Radios and you dont see a bunch of blocking,and if its the same guys give em a couple weeks off, Ive been to Dixie and Owosso and I have yet to see someone Black flagged for wrecking someone

Actually 2 were issued just a couple weeks ago Jeff at Owosso and a couple last week at Dixie.

Jeff Parish Promoter
(989)395-0933

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users