Michigan Short Track Racing Club: 2008 Dodge Magnum Won't Idle - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2008 Dodge Magnum Won't Idle

#1 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

A question for you Dodge mechanics. My daughter has a 2008 Dodge Magnum wagon that is constantly stalling out. The Dodge dealership in Ionia has taken over $2000 so far and the stupid thing still doesn't run. She has taken it to multiple mechanics and the best anyone can say is, "I think it has an electrical problem!" Dodge hasn't changed since the late 60's. I had three Dodge's and every one of them had 'electrical' issues. I had a 70 Super Bee that ate about 20 starters before I sold it.Same thing with a 1969 Dodge Charger and a 1974 Gold Duster.

ANYWAY.... the same place that sold her this car about 18 months ago for $6000 (and I have every reason to believe it was junk then cause it hasn't run right since she got it... but she is what I call, a "GAGA"... go along to get along.) The same dealership offered her $350 for the car in trade. Hmmmmm. Right. Can't buy the rims for that at a cheap junk yard.

Any ideas? It has had all of the factory recalls done to it including the WIN Module. It will run decent for 15 to 20 minutes and then just die going down the road. You can count on it dying going around a corner. It idles alright one minute and then idles at 3000 rpm or it dies. I personally think it has a vacuum leak some place but my eyes have gotten so I can't see in a car engine bay any more.

THANKS!

* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Vincit Omnia Veritas (Truth conquers all!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#2 User is offline   TaBOGIE Icon

• Super Late Model Owner & Driver
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostVerwayne, on 08 October 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

A question for you Dodge mechanics. My daughter has a 2008 Dodge Magnum wagon that is constantly stalling out. The Dodge dealership in Ionia has taken over $2000 so far and the stupid thing still doesn't run. She has taken it to multiple mechanics and the best anyone can say is, "I think it has an electrical problem!" Dodge hasn't changed since the late 60's. I had three Dodge's and every one of them had 'electrical' issues. I had a 70 Super Bee that ate about 20 starters before I sold it.Same thing with a 1969 Dodge Charger and a 1974 Gold Duster.

ANYWAY.... the same place that sold her this car about 18 months ago for $6000 (and I have every reason to believe it was junk then cause it hasn't run right since she got it... but she is what I call, a "GAGA"... go along to get along.) The same dealership offered her $350 for the car in trade. Hmmmmm. Right. Can't buy the rims for that at a cheap junk yard.

Any ideas? It has had all of the factory recalls done to it including the WIN Module. It will run decent for 15 to 20 minutes and then just die going down the road. You can count on it dying going around a corner. It idles alright one minute and then idles at 3000 rpm or it dies. I personally think it has a vacuum leak some place but my eyes have gotten so I can't see in a car engine bay any more.

THANKS!

Replace EGR sensor and reseal sensor tube at intake manifold to start. Then retighten intake manifold.
Terry A. Bogusz
Fast Company Motorsports
1997 River City Speedway Champion (Karting)
2008 Auto City Super Stock Track Champion
#550 ARCA Outlaw Super Late Model

#3 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

Thanks Terry. I sent your info to the guy who has it right now. I appreciate it.

#4 User is offline   Dennis ONeil Icon

• Proud to be an American
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

That doesn't sound very electrical. Of course. if someone working on your car says "I think it's electrical,
" they mean I don't know what's wrong and I don't want to find out.
Thanks,
Dennis

www.oneilsauto.com

Dear Lord, Please let me be the man that my dog thinks I am!

#5 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Sponsor Member

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

Any codes? Plugs changed recently?

#6 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:59 AM

Any codes? Plugs changed recently?

#7 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

Not sure Dick. They are picking the car up tomorrow from a guy who wanted to try something. It didn't work but the nice thing is, he didn't charge her. I'll get it over to Auto Zone and have them check the codes.

#8 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:27 AM

Try something? Sounds kinda fishy. SO no one has a quality diagnostic system has seen it yet? It is hard for non educated so called mechanics to deal with so much info and so many possibilities. These cars are fun now days. It is different from slapping some pads on and sending them down the road.....

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users