Michigan Short Track Racing Club: What A World Series! - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What A World Series!

#1 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

I've been a baseball fan since about 1959 or so. My grandfather played for the Toledo Mudhens for a season and he got me interested very young. What a great series by the titans of the 2017 season!
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Vincit Omnia Veritas (Truth conquers all!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#2 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:14 AM

For sure. Games 2 and 6, in particular.

I was excited about game 7, but had the start time wrong. By the time I put it on the Astros had already scored 5 runs. Oh well, the rest of the series made up for it (and it still had some drama as the Dodgers left many men on base)

#3 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

It was a good World Series, that's a couple in a row now.

I had mixed emotions though on a couple issues.

1) Verlander. I loved seeing him succeed and have such a great run from the moment he got there, he deserved it. But the Detroit Tiger fan in me hated watching him go to where we all thought the Tiger's should have been a few times over the past few years. More frustration for the Detroit sports fan!!!

2) All the home runs. It was beyond exciting to watch how the 2 teams went back and forth in a couple of these games. It was stunning to see these players just put the ball over the fence at will. A lot of the hitting and home run records we're broken or threatened in this World Series. I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with how different the pitcher position was played and treated in this World Series, and how that will all play out in the future. We're the balls "slicker"? I don't know. But as much as I enjoyed all the runs and the comebacks, I worry about how it affects the game going forward.

3) Game starting times. I had to watch most highlights on Sports Center cause my old ass can't stay up that late every night to watch a baseball game!!! I try, but eventually, that's me waking up in my recliner at 12:35 am in the morning wondering what the hell happened!!! I frickin hate it!! And what about our youth (on the East coast anyways)? What kid can stay up that late to watch a baseball game?? It's all about the money and the "peak" time that advertisers what to advertise, and when their ratings tell them the most people are watching. It's just another sad statement that in this day and age that every decision about logistics and such are solely made on how much profit can be made. Welcome to America.
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users