Michigan Short Track Racing Club: 2014 MSTRC Bowling Tournament - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2014 MSTRC Bowling Tournament

#1 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Couple of notes about this years tournament:

The tournament will be held at The Capitol Bowl in Owosso on February 15th! Still waiting to hear back,but it should remain same sign-in and times as last year.

We will once again hold the Jake Dickman Memorial Cans From Race Fans food drive as well.

Nominations for this years recipients will start Monday October 7th and continue until Nov 7th.

As usual we are looking for giveaways for our 50/50 raffle table.Hats,shirts,sponsor certificates,tickets or even sheet metal from cars make great giveaways! Contact myself at mstrcceo88@gmail.com,Big Ed at gb48507@yahoo.com or Elaine Crosby at kaycorbgm@yahoo.com
Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

#2 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Nominations for this years benefactors are now open and can be submitted here on MSTRC, on the Facebook event page, or to mstrcceo88@gmail.com

Also the time schedule for the tournament will look like this:

3:15p.m. Early practice $3.25 per game
4:00p.m. Doors Open / Sign In Begins
4:30p.m. Practice Starts
5:15p.m. Sign In Ends
5:30p.m. Practice Ends
5:45p.m. Draw For Teams
5:55p.m. Pre-Tournament Ceremonies / Invocation / National Anthem

6:00p.m. Bowling Tournament STARTS

8:30p.m. Awards Ceremony

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

#3 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Over a week in and no nominations.....
This isn't up to the tournament committee,it's up to you the race fans and the drivers to submit nominees.

As always,we are still looking for donations for the raffle/prize table!

Contact myself,Big Ed or Elaine for info!

#4 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

So far one nomination and that is Jim Heeney. I know there are other worthy nominees so we need YOUR help!

#5 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Add Chuck Ammerman as a nominee!

#6 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

The Szecsodi Family.
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#7 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Thank you to those that submitted people for consideration for this year's tournament. After careful consideration the following people have been chosen:

Lane Wagner a racer at Palo, rookie year, was just in ICU for a possible heart attack at age 26.
After multiple testing (no insurance - unemployed at the moment although he had a good job interview on the Thursday before his hospital visit) it was discovered he had a swollen wall around his heart by a torn muscle. The cardiologist thinks it happened when he hit the wall at Palo full tilt. The harness DID its job on impact but has some residual effects.

The Szecsodi family (Matt,Toni and daughter Brenalyn) lost their daughter Chloe Rose in a trafic accident. Matt is the 2003 Dixie modified champion,2006 Whittemore runner-up and 2011 Tri-City IMCA modified runner-up.

#8 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

It's almost 2014 and we are a little over a month away from the tournament!

We are pleased to announce that the Michigan Automobile Racing Fan Club will be holding their February meeting at this years tournament. MARFC president "Wild" Bill Barnhart will speak and inform everyone about the MARFC and what they have planned for the 2014 season!

We are also happy to have Ray Simpson and Ti-rade coming out to perform some classic rock and roll for us!

The Paypal link for those that want to donate but can't attend will be up shortly as well!

We ask for your help in sharing this event! We encourage everyone that has attended in the past or has been a benefactor of the tournament to try and come out and support Lane Wagner and the Matt Szecsodi family!

Any companies,race tracks,drivers,or individuals that have items to donate(apparel, tickets, certificates,etc) please get with Chuck Darling mstrcceo88@gmail.com , Ed Inloes gb48507@yahoo.com , or Elaine Crosby kaycorbgm@yahoo.com

#9 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Thanks to Maurice Randall, the PayPal link for donating is at the header at the top of this website!

#10 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

The event has been submitted to ABC12, WNEM5, NBC25 and FOX66 community calendars. Local radio station submissions are pending review.

"Portraits by Hanna" in Elsie has donated 2 gift certificates for our raffle.

We have had two (2) 30 minute massages donated from "After the Storm" Massage in Elsie to be put on our raffle table.

#11 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Thank you to Dan Loughan and Steve Martin for their donations to the tournament using the Paypal link!

#12 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Garret Smith will be snapping pictures for us...Hell Yeah!

We will also have an edition of a board game called "Dirt" ... it's a sprint car racing game and it's alot of fun! Go to Dirt the Game and like it on Facebook...check it out.

Kendra Rademacher Owner/stylist and Lauren Ackley of Impressions Salon in St. Johns for donating a $20 gift certificate each!!

Thank you promoters of Owosso Speedway Rick and Jennie Pitman Miracle for donating passes for our tournament. 4 passes for regular night of racing and 4 tickets (worth $100) for the wheels part of the June 21 Locomotives, Wings and Wheels

Thank you each and all for your donations! Still open to any donations right up to the day of the tournament!

#13 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Thanks to Mom Flounder, the Chris Throgmartin Spirit Award will be picked up this Saturday From Les' Sports cards and collectibles in Birch Run

#14 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

2 weeks to go! Invite your friends and family to come out and have a good time with us at The Capitol Bowl!

Not only will there be bowling action and the raffle ticket/prize giveaways, but Jack Oakley Video will be bringing some racing videos to play on the alley TV's!

#15 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Thank you Springport Motor Speedway Jeff Parish& Pam Parish) for donating a Family Pack - 4 adults for their Wheels for Wheels Charity Race on June 14, 2014!!

#16 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Big thanks goin out to Jim Leasure and Spartan Speedway. As always, they have donated many different "swag" type things for our cause.

Jim has also helped Linda with some items in her "Ultimate Race Package" (if that's what she's calling it this year!!)

Now, without sounding too awful paranoid, I'm paranoid. At this point, the ONLY donations I have received are from Spartan, and I don't have them, I do know they will be there. Years past, I've had lots of stuff by now, or people letting me know what they're bringing/donating. Not so much this year. I know. I know. The last few years have left me feeling very scared the week before, and all has always turned out well, as will probably be the case this year.

It's just is a lil scary with 8 days left before our event, and I'm not seeing the donations roll in. I just hope everyone here suppports what we're trying to do, and can find a way to help and be part of our event to help some of those that have fallen on hard times, and may be less fortunate!!!
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#17 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostBigEd, on 07 February 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

Big thanks goin out to Jim Leasure and Spartan Speedway. As always, they have donated many different "swag" type things for our cause.

Jim has also helped Linda with some items in her "Ultimate Race Package" (if that's what she's calling it this year!!)

Now, without sounding too awful paranoid, I'm paranoid. At this point, the ONLY donations I have received are from Spartan, and I don't have them, I do know they will be there. Years past, I've had lots of stuff by now, or people letting me know what they're bringing/donating. Not so much this year. I know. I know. The last few years have left me feeling very scared the week before, and all has always turned out well, as will probably be the case this year.

It's just is a lil scary with 8 days left before our event, and I'm not seeing the donations roll in. I just hope everyone here suppports what we're trying to do, and can find a way to help and be part of our event to help some of those that have fallen on hard times, and may be less fortunate!!!

I feel the same way Big Ed! I'm sure as in years past the day of the tournament our fears will subside and everything will go smooth.
One week and counting! Who's excited for bowling and great racing friends?!

#18 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Thank you to Stone Vos Inc and Chris Throgmartin for the Paypal donation!

#19 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Just a reminder that we are having the Jake Dickman Memorial Cans from Race Fans food drive as well so please, if you can, bring some non perishable items.

#20 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Don't forget that side bets with proceeds to the benefactors ARE encouraged. Team Gone Fishing will once again take on Team Big Mouth and will more than likely lose again LOL. By the way who all comprises Team Big Mouth now?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users