Michigan Short Track Racing Club: New Outlaw Super Late Series - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Outlaw Super Late Series ICAR Top Speed

#1 User is offline   fastforward Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

Last month at Baer Field Speedway in Fort Wayne it was announced that the ICAR Top Speed group was attempting to start a traveling series for the outlaw super late models for 2016. I haven't heard anything since that night and was wondering if there has been any other news or developments for next year?

Since the Main Event Series is a joke, this ICAR Top Speed organization would be a welcomed (and needed) addition for all involved.

#2 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

If they do put together a new Outlaw series that would be great for all the guys looking for a place to run.. I just hope they do a lot better job of PR work for the LM than they do the Mods.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#3 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

Kevin,

Can you explain what you mean?

Admittedly I am a bit biased (run with the series a lot this year), but I feel as thought it has been solid. As such I would like to hear your opinion...

#4 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

Glad too. Mine is simple if the fact that I feel that Dave (or his PR people ) are missing the boat when it comes to the point of selling the people that are behind the scenes and supporting his series and in turn people like you. How many people know that there are chassis to be given away at the end of the year, or bodies. Or the $100 GC from Motorstate at each show.. You have had 3 down weeks since the last show and are going into what some consider the big end of the year shows at Winchester.. Those 3 weeks could have been used to let people know who is helping support the series..Each of the companies that run across the banner could have had a 5-10 line blurb on who,what,how they support Top Speed. and given them a little press so when next year rolls around they might not think twice about helping Dave and his great group of people..Don't get me wrong, I think he has done a great job of rebuilding this series and I know there are a lot of great things coming for next year that will probably be announced soon..Just my own opinion that he could get more bang for his buck from the people that support him if all the racers and the likes knew who else was supporting them. I'll also send you a PM with the rest.
The Wizard.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#5 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

Appreciate the time you took - thanks Kevin, talk to you soon!
-Mike

#6 User is offline   Partsman Dan Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Outlaw asphalt super latemodels and super modifieds

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

View Postfastbackss, on 26 August 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Appreciate the time you took - thanks Kevin, talk to you soon!
-I'm looking forward to see what ICAR has to offer and the Main Event Racing Series and Gold Cup Series respectfully.

#7 User is offline   Partsman Dan Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Outlaw asphalt super latemodels and super modifieds

Posted 07 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

I look forward to the ICAR people doing what they can to preserve outlaw bodied asphalt super latemodel racing. And also enjoy what the Mainn Event Racing Series and Gold Cup Series have been doing for the same the past years.

No one series is completely perfect and we can all find something we think should be better.

Long live the outlaw asphalt super late

#8 User is offline   fastforward Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:53 PM

View PostPartsman Dan, on 07 September 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

I look forward to the ICAR people doing what they can to preserve outlaw bodied asphalt super latemodel racing. And also enjoy what the Mainn Event Racing Series and Gold Cup Series have been doing for the same the past years.

No one series is completely perfect and we can all find something we think should be better.

Long live the outlaw asphalt super late

I hope the ICAR deal does evolve as that will be the last opportunity for an outlaw super late traveling series. And the Main Event Series is not good at this point in time.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users