Michigan Short Track Racing Club: They have done it again... - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

They have done it again... Toledo Speedway

#21 User is offline   fastforward Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:20 PM

View Postracer6, on 22 September 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

Sounds like a limited late model class might work so the teams on jack stands could run a more affordable class with closer competition. Limit motors, shocks, tires, maybe no bumpstop technology.

It has taken a long time to get tracks to agree on a common rule package like Main Event rules. Don't think it would be a good idea to have a track make their own rules especially with the car counts that Toledo is getting in their Gold Cup/Main Event Series races.

A limited class could work if policed closely, but overall the outlaw superlates need a re-working because that is currently where the problem exists. The shrinking car counts of the outlaw's will not reverse themselves if the status quo is continued. I think most people are aware a problem exists. What can be done to increase car counts in the existing outlaw division? Adding a limited class might be an option to get cars off the jack stands and to the track, but it won't save the outlaws as we know them today.

When so many tracks made the decision to drop the outlaw late models from their weekly program, the obvious result was a decline in car counts. The increase in expensive technology has also contributed to the decline. I would argue that the Alliance tracks and Series' need to come together and honestly talk about the current problems and issues they are facing with the outlaw superlates. What can they do to get more cars to the track?

Are there other problems that currently plague the outlaw superlates that restrict car counts?

Tracks/series can either address this issue or let the division die along with the tracks themselves...

#22 User is offline   racer6 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

Currently, common rules lets teams travel to most any track running outlaws. That's a good thing, but also means the rules package needs to be changed at that level.

Putting rules restrictions on a class to reduce technology and costs requires good tech at the track which is a problem.

Better payouts with decent start money might bring out the garaged teams.

#23 User is offline   fastforward Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:46 AM

View Postracer6, on 23 September 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Currently, common rules lets teams travel to most any track running outlaws. That's a good thing, but also means the rules package needs to be changed at that level.

Putting rules restrictions on a class to reduce technology and costs requires good tech at the track which is a problem.

Better payouts with decent start money might bring out the garaged teams.

The tracks and the traveling series for the outlaws need to figure this out to keep them going. I understand what you mean about the common rules that will allow car to travel but in reality very few cars are travelers nowadays. Do the tracks or Series even car to save the outlaw late models at this point??

Getting 25-33 cars for a "big" outlaw event is not impressive. Common rules that allow for cars to travel are nice but if nobody pulls their cars to the track, what good are the rules?? Common rules is not the issue, $5,000 shock/bumpstop packages are a problem. Active rear suspension is a problem. Costly technology IS the problem.

I don't think better payouts (although nice) will bring out more cars if they already perceive they can't compete due to not having the latest technology. I believe many cars were shelved when the tracks stopped running the outlaws. How many tracks used to run outlaw cars and have given up on them completely?

What solutions will the tracks that run outlaw cars come up with to increase car counts? Will there be any solutions?

#24 User is offline   racer6 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

From a fan's view I want to see travelers: Senneker, Needles, Root, Ganus, Bergakker, Bozells, Landis, Perry and a host of other taking on the local racers like the Gold Cup races at Flat Rock is neat to see. I wouldn't want to see that spoiled by some track specific rules to reduce costs.

One option might be a weight handicap added to high tech cars in an effort to even out the competition.

Hard to take a class backwards to low tech. Look at how the mods have progressed from stock clips and junkyard motors to present. Their car counts are a bit better, but not much. High tech is taking a toll on those cars too. Top Speed does have it going on though.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users