Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Front Screw Jack (Cost Driver or Just Continence) - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Front Screw Jack (Cost Driver or Just Continence)

#1 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

Not that I'm getting a lot of responses to these questions but I'm going to keep adding them. I of course have my own opinions on these but am looking for others to either support or change my mind.

What are others' opinions based on a cost saving measure rather or not to allow front screw jacks on a street stock type class of car (once again this is dirt but not sure why that would matter in this case)? Given the option of allowing front screw jacks vs no screw jacks but allow shims and screw cups.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#2 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:10 AM

Screw jacks save time and money....always keep them. The alternatives just cost more and are a hassle to use.

#3 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:09 PM

That is my though on the subject also. I'm not sure the justification for tracks that don't allow them but still allow racing springs, shims, and screw cups. If there is one I'd like to hear what it is. I'm always willing to be convinced if the reasons are valid.

Also just noticed spell check got me on the title with continence rather than convenience and I can't edit the title (or don't know how). This has nothing to do with wetting your pants. Guess I need to be a little more thorough with proof reading.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users