Michigan Short Track Racing Club: the chase, texas - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

the chase, texas

#1 User is offline   racer72 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Dale Earnhardt would have driven way more aggressive than any of the chasers have been. Keselowski's contact with Gordon wasn't near as harsh as jr doorin' stewart at martinville for the win just one week ago. I hope the final four are Keselowski, Lagano, Gordon and Harvick. That would be the best show. looks like unless newman has a bad race at phoenix, he'll make it in the last four. What do ya think? Oh yeah, I wasn't impressed with harvick Pearl Harboring Brad to start the fight thingy.
Bernie explains how to pay for his proposals. https://www.youtube....h?v=5brgT0FWrSM
Gun Control you say? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K13HdTsW_E0
taking the name of the LORD in vain http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8eV0OipvkZE
10-29-12 United States of ALEC http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IyTU9RbOEJo
new 10-25-12 watch and decide who IS THE REAL FRAUD http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gT77qP2Nai8
added 1-22-12 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-AAsQR8I4Es Koch Bros.
http://www.linktv.or...-party#comments
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgBDeb28pe0

Use your own critical thinking skills and decide for yourself
Curt Olar

#2 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

Brad didn't do anything wrong. Gordons crew guys and harvick are the pansies hitting from behind. I hope brad keeps racing the way he does. Last I checked all these DB's that have problems with brad's driving have piles of wrecked race cars and butt hurt feelings....While Brad has a title and the wins keep adding up.
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

#3 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:racing

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:01 AM

Nascar needs the Black Duce
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2017Track Count
Tri City 15
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Mt Plesant 2
Whittemore 2
Birch Run 1
Silver Bullett 1
Owosso 1
[color="#000000"]

#4 User is offline   MikeF Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

I think there is a problem when half the field wants to beat Bob's boy up after every race. If the crew would get out of the way and let the drivers get to each other there probably wouldn't have been more than a heated conversation. The crews get in there and start pushing people around and that is when things get started.

#5 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostMikeF, on 03 November 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

I think there is a problem when half the field wants to beat Bob's boy up after every race. If the crew would get out of the way and let the drivers get to each other there probably wouldn't have been more than a heated conversation. The crews get in there and start pushing people around and that is when things get started.

I was at Martinsville. The crowd boo"s Brad worse than they do K B. And your right JR. flat blasted Tony but Tony didnt cry about it. I'm really disapointed in Gordens crew and Harvick and especially the little chicken sh.. that came up and grabbed Brad from behind but this is what Nascar wants because they have enough officials on site to stop all this before it happens. I,m really pissed at Roger for not coming out and defending Brad yet. Paint the Duece black and go to Arizona ready to fight Brad were behind you back here. And Jeff go watch the videos admit your wrong and gain back the respect it took you this long to gain!

#6 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostDouble D, on 03 November 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

I was at Martinsville. The crowd boo"s Brad worse than they do K B. And your right JR. flat blasted Tony but Tony didnt cry about it. I'm really disapointed in Gordens crew and Harvick and especially the little chicken sh.. that came up and grabbed Brad from behind but this is what Nascar wants because they have enough officials on site to stop all this before it happens. I,m really pissed at Roger for not coming out and defending Brad yet. Paint the Duece black and go to Arizona ready to fight Brad were behind you back here. And Jeff go watch the videos admit your wrong and gain back the respect it took you this long to gain!

Gordon has been a whiney little B@*ch ever since the #48 started whoopin him race after race. Lost all respect I ever had for him just by turning into a cry-baby over the last couple of years. This incident is another perfect example. Jeff- You got beat...if you wouldn't have turned down into him you might have been able to finish up front, but you cut your own tire and threw a temper tantrum about it on TV instead.

What was Harvick even upset about? They never even explained that, or maybe I wasn't paying attention, but he got beat too.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#7 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:04 AM

Personally, to me, this is the best Chase ever. The actual elimination, or the possibility of an actual elimination has brought more emotion and pressure to this that has been missing forever. This IS actual playoffs. It has taken NASCAR all 10 years to get this right. The objective 10 years ago was to make this "like" playoffs, like the stick and ball sports. They had failed at that up until this year. Now it is truly a playoff system. And now that we are down to the Semi-Finals, it is getting more heated and pressure filled than ever. I love it!!

But with all this comes a different pressure that none of these teams are used to. Emotions are running higher than ever before. Everything can change on any given lap.

But as far as Brad goes, don't even think about stopping what your doing. He drives aggresive, he drives to win, he ain't afraid to ruffle anyones feathers. Does any of that sound familar to another Champonship driver that seemed to intimidate everyone??? It sure does to me. I never "liked" Dale Earnhardt Sr because he was always racing hard against drivers I did like, but I certainly respected the hell out of him. He could drive, and he could make YOU make mistakes. I see Brad cut from that same cloth, and I love it!!! Frickin Harvick and his pansie-ass push in Brad's back I hope won't be forgotten any time soon. That was a classless move, but fits Harvick's persona.

Go Brad!!
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#8 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

This was copied from NASCAR.com. Just thought it went well with this thread..............

Label him how you choose, but Brad Keselowski says he isn't "trying to dish out something that I couldn't take myself."

"We'll go through these battles," the Team Penske driver said Sunday night, after finishing third in the AAA Texas 500 and after his second post-race altercation in this season's Chase for the Sprint Cup.

"I've gone through them before and come out stronger. I'll go through them again and come out stronger -- a better racecar driver," he said.

"But what I'm not going to do is back down. I'm not going to get in the spot where I was in 2013 where, you know, I tried to be exactly what they all wanted me to be, because what they want me to be is a loser, and I'm not here to lose, I'm here to win. That means I'm going to have to drive my car, harder, stronger, faster than everybody out there. That's what I feel like I did today."

Contact with fellow champion Jeff Gordon on the first of two green-white-checkered attempts at Texas Motor Speedway resulted in a cut tire for the Hendrick Motorsports driver, and led to a post-race brawl on pit road.

Stewart-Haas Racing driver Kevin Harvick, who finished ahead of Keselowski and just behind race winner Jimmie Johnson, was even involved, pushing Keselowski into the fray as crewmen and the two drivers were gathered around the No. 2 Ford.

"I didnít get in the middle of anything," Harvick said. "I just turned him around and told him to go fight his own fight."

Harvick said he doesn't believe Keselowski is out of control, but should be held accountable for his actions.

"I think he's just racing as hard as he can for his team," he said. "He's trying to get all he can. Ö

"If you're going to race like that, you're going to have to man up at some point. I mean, he's done it several times."

Harvick said a driver "can't just turn around and let everybody fight all the time without you in there. (You) have to stand up for your actions at some point yourself."

Johnson, who scored the 70th win of his career with the Texas victory, said he didn't see what happened to start the situation, but "based on Jeff's frustration, I would assume that it was pretty aggressive, and Jeff just doesn't go crazy like that after a race."

Keselowski is currently on probation for post-race contact on pit road at Charlotte last month. He was fined $50,000 by NASCAR for running into Matt Kensethís car after that race.

He's had previous run-ins with other drivers on the track, among them Carl Edwards and Denny Hamlin.

Johnson said much of the frustration felt by drivers has been bred by the new Chase format, which guarantees advancement to race winners in each round.

"When your only opportunity to advance is to win, (Keselowski) had a bad race in Martinsville, he's got to do all the can to win. So the system is breeding this," the six-time champion said.

"We'll see what it means for the future for Brad. I feel like on track he does a good job. I think he gets himself in more trouble off the track with things that he says personally. We'll see how things proceed from here and how he handles all that.Ē

Team owner Roger Penske has staunchly stood by his driver, saying a week after the Charlotte incident that other competitors were "jealous" of his driver's success.

Keselowski leads the series in wins this season with six and has been fast, and competitive, for much of the year.

For his part, Keselowski said if he caves in when others push back, "that will be a shame for everybody."

"It would be a shame for the history of this sport," he said. "It would be a shame for the fans that come here to see us race 100 percent. That's what I did today. For that, I'm not going to be ashamed."

Wrecking someone intentionally for a victory, he said, isnít the same thing.

"That's not the way I race. I don't wreck people to win," he said. "I've been in incidents at the end of the race, but I could say with a clear mind and heart that they weren't intentional, that they were all out going for the win and some things happen."

If Keselowski isn't racing the way others do -- or expect him to -- he offers no apologies.

"I've come to the reality of where I am in this sport, the fight it's going to take for me to be a winner and a champion for years to come," he said.

"Like I said, there are going to be moments like this. I've been through them in the past. I'll go through them in the future. I'll come back each and every time as hard if not harder.

"That's who I am, that's what I'll do. That's what I plan to do next week and every week in my future."
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users