Michigan Short Track Racing Club: worst mechanical design? - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

worst mechanical design?

#21 Guest_HRT187_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:12 AM

Here's a crummy design for ya, them chinzy GM rear calipers that you have to twist back in and they always seize up... dunno how many of them stupid things I've replaced.

#22 User is offline   Bone Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:32 AM

c'mon gavin i love those things from a mechanics standpoint $259.95
for pair packed loaded rear calipers CHA-CHING. guys gotta make a livin ya know. i sell 2-3 pair of them a week. also that fine fiberglass mono leaf spring on the W-bodies $500 CHA-CHING. W-bodies are great luminas,grand prix, regals, oh yeah! that rear transverse mounted sping was awesome on corvettes a car that only gets 3000 miles a year on it but they went and put it on a 30 k a year car, talk about accelerated wear!

over engineering at its finest.

another good one is the new chevy silverados, junkin the rear brakes twice before the fronts even start to wear, and then they call for a ceramic pad thats $100 just for the brake pads.

another example isnt so much a disign flaw but the public being mislead, the've made it acceptable for a car chassis to be under a mini-van ie lumina apv,montana, olds silh. and now they have taken it one step further with that same car chassis under an "SUV" ie buick rondevouz, pont aztech and people think they can tow there boat or 26ft travle trailer with them. really wearing on these vehicles hard too. brakes squawkin from overheating and glazing, cat converters meltin down from over workin the crap out of the engine, shocks, struts.

but...if it wasnt for the smart guys in the big buildings with the books us little guys that get to fixem wouldnt have jobs :D
Eric Gilbert "BONE"
JDH MOTORSPORTS
-GET BENT-
YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE

#23 User is offline   mrvids Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:10 PM

Should we mention all the bad cams in the 77 thru 79 305CI Chevies?

#24 Guest_RacinRob17g_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 May 2003 - 02:50 PM

I heard this one from a friend....
How do ya get $20.000.00 out of a dodge neon.............turn it into a pt cruiser!

#25 User is offline   mrvids Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2003 - 03:06 PM

Why were Chevettes built with magnetic rear ends? To pick up the parts as they fall off...

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users