Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Welcome Back to MSTRC 2017! - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome Back to MSTRC 2017!

#1 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

We took a sixteen month hiatus for personal reasons on many levels. Several months ago, I began to pester Chuck "The Flounder" Darling about reopening. Steadfastly he told me 'no,' but I persisted. Yeah, we have FaceBook, but none of it is all in one place and it is hard to be connected to everybody and see what is going on in other places. Finally a few nights ago, Chuck either changed his mind or got tired of me bugging him and consented to re-opening the doors again. Everything is just was it was the morning we shut it down back in March of 2016 and I think the place will begin to thrive again soon. We will have to switch the interface very soon as the software currently in use is not able to be updated any more.

Speaking for Chuck and the gang, we ask that we start off with a new footing and we hope you will help us advance the sport in a good way. We hope that the various tracks will join in the conversations here. The admins will do our best to limit 'track bashing' so that the tracks will come here and keep us apprised of what is happening at their tracks. While we are well aware that not everything that happens at the races is all sunshine and roses, a proper discussion that doesn't involve or devolve into a shouting match is the best way to do things. If FaceBook has shown me anything, it is that things can go bad in a heart beat. Please, PLEASE try to remain as positive as possible. This sport is teetering on the edge of an abyss and all it takes is a bit more mean mouthing to push it over. We want to be a place where tracks can communicate with their drivers and fans and for racers to help other racers.

The "Classified" area is a huge resource as is the "Tech Talk" area. We have some outstanding tech people who can give advice to the new people to racing. We will open up a section for non Michigan based tracks and welcome all comers. Things that happened in the past will be forgotten and we start anew. The one thing we want to stress is that this is not FaceBook and the course language you often see there is not what we want to see here. We don't want this to become a whipping post against tracks and track owners and employees. You are free to express your opinions, but with that freedom comes the responsibility of your remarks.

If you look about, you'll see sections for dirt tracks, asphalt tracks, division levels, NASCAR, and even a General Chat area for jokes and non political observations. If you are into racing games, we even have a section on that! If you think we need to add a section, send me a PM and I'll bring it up to the other admins. If you have a concern, send me a PM and I'll look at it and take it to the other admins. We have an established way of doing things and have learned from our mistakes of the past. This forum started way back in the late 90's on Yahoo and has grown by leaps and bounds. This board has raised a lot of money for racers and their families in trouble.

Once again, we are happy to be back and hope you will be inclined to be post your thoughts here as well. We understand that you may or may not remember your old user name and password. I will be happy to reset passwords for you if you email me at bmoc66@gmail.com While you are in your profile, please update your email in case you need help along the way. Just in case you wonder why I am writing this instead of Chuck, the answer is simple. I'm retired and have nothing better to do than sit at my computer all day while Chuck and the gang are all employed, some gainfully and some not so gainfully. If you find a glitch, point it out to me and we'll see if we can fix it!

As the 70's show sang, "Welcome Back!"
V
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Vincit Omnia Veritas (Truth conquers all!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#2 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

As always you are great with words, that is one skill i never mastered.
Thanks to you and chuck for reviving the old girl.

GOV
A Passion for Modified Racing

#3 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

Thank you Dan!

Spread the word please. Also, tell people to come to the mstrc.net link. We still have the mstrc.com domain, but as Chuck began to talk to me about this, we bought the .net version to bring it back to life and work out the kinks (and there were quite a few!). I am working with Jamie Prevo (who holds the .com extension) about upgrading the software. We are working together to make this the best possible situation possible. Jamie set up the "Help Desk" area where you can contact an admin if you are locked out or are a visitor who needs some help. I think the "MSTRC TEAM" is doing a good job in the back ground to make this place an alternative to those who shun FB.

#4 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:02 AM

This is great news. I have to admit that I would randomly once and awhile just to see if the site was back up. I had kind of lost hope and not sure why but just randomly decided to check in one more time today. I to my delight I saw that MSTRC logo and page come up on my browser.

Glad its back if was a resource and group great group of people that I missed greatly. Hope to see you all around the site again from time to time.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#5 User is offline   Flipper_17 Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Its smells like dust and old lady pants in here...

#6 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

We can clean up the dust, but it is up to you to stop wearing the 'old lady pants!'

#7 User is offline   lm9 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

glad youre back

#8 User is offline   FanInTheStands Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

Glad you're back. I've missed this place the past two racing seasons, and there has been significant news happening that had no way to be announced or discussed.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

-- Fan In The Stands

#9 User is offline   shrttrackr Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostFlipper_17, on 04 October 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

something you be an expert about Flipper!!

Glad to have the board back!!
Everything tastes better FRIED!!!
-----------------------------------------
Fried Chicken Motorsports
#50 Racin Rocco
1980 VW Mini Stock

#10 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

View PostFlipper_17, on 04 October 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

No point in trying to enter with a pithy comment as this one takes the cake!

#11 User is offline   Partsman Dan Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Outlaw asphalt super latemodels and super modifieds

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Awesome to see your back.

Always enjoyed the conversations and everything about this website.

Good to see it's back

#12 User is offline   Partsman Dan Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Outlaw asphalt super latemodels and super modifieds

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Will you have decals made of the logo by any chance.

#13 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

Since Halloween is right around the corner it's only fitting that the MSTRC Rose from the dead. As V stated we shut the doors for a host of reasons but we have wiped the slate clean and look to continue on into the future.

I will be popping in from time to time but no longer will be an administrator. Just consider me as an "advisor" of sorts. I will assist in getting the word out about the revival of the site as well as helping spread the word about the Michigan Auto Racing Fan Club bowling tournament in February.

The goal of this site has always been to bring people together to help promote the sport of local auto racing. I hope with a fresh start we can get back to that! Who knows,maybe one day we can put on that car show Bill Long talked about years ago on the old Yahoo board!

View PostVerwayne, on 29 September 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

We took a sixteen month hiatus for personal reasons on many levels. Several months ago, I began to pester Chuck "The Flounder" Darling about reopening. Steadfastly he told me 'no,' but I persisted. Yeah, we have FaceBook, but none of it is all in one place and it is hard to be connected to everybody and see what is going on in other places. Finally a few nights ago, Chuck either changed his mind or got tired of me bugging him and consented to re-opening the doors again. Everything is just was it was the morning we shut it down back in March of 2016 and I think the place will begin to thrive again soon. We will have to switch the interface very soon as the software currently in use is not able to be updated any more.

Speaking for Chuck and the gang, we ask that we start off with a new footing and we hope you will help us advance the sport in a good way. We hope that the various tracks will join in the conversations here. The admins will do our best to limit 'track bashing' so that the tracks will come here and keep us apprised of what is happening at their tracks. While we are well aware that not everything that happens at the races is all sunshine and roses, a proper discussion that doesn't involve or devolve into a shouting match is the best way to do things. If FaceBook has shown me anything, it is that things can go bad in a heart beat. Please, PLEASE try to remain as positive as possible. This sport is teetering on the edge of an abyss and all it takes is a bit more mean mouthing to push it over. We want to be a place where tracks can communicate with their drivers and fans and for racers to help other racers.

The "Classified" area is a huge resource as is the "Tech Talk" area. We have some outstanding tech people who can give advice to the new people to racing. We will open up a section for non Michigan based tracks and welcome all comers. Things that happened in the past will be forgotten and we start anew. The one thing we want to stress is that this is not FaceBook and the course language you often see there is not what we want to see here. We don't want this to become a whipping post against tracks and track owners and employees. You are free to express your opinions, but with that freedom comes the responsibility of your remarks.

If you look about, you'll see sections for dirt tracks, asphalt tracks, division levels, NASCAR, and even a General Chat area for jokes and non political observations. If you are into racing games, we even have a section on that! If you think we need to add a section, send me a PM and I'll bring it up to the other admins. If you have a concern, send me a PM and I'll look at it and take it to the other admins. We have an established way of doing things and have learned from our mistakes of the past. This forum started way back in the late 90's on Yahoo and has grown by leaps and bounds. This board has raised a lot of money for racers and their families in trouble.

Once again, we are happy to be back and hope you will be inclined to be post your thoughts here as well. We understand that you may or may not remember your old user name and password. I will be happy to reset passwords for you if you email me at bmoc66@gmail.com While you are in your profile, please update your email in case you need help along the way. Just in case you wonder why I am writing this instead of Chuck, the answer is simple. I'm retired and have nothing better to do than sit at my computer all day while Chuck and the gang are all employed, some gainfully and some not so gainfully. If you find a glitch, point it out to me and we'll see if we can fix it!

As the 70's show sang, "Welcome Back!"
V

Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

#14 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

I'll have to get with Flipper since he did the update version and would have to see if he can change the dot com to dot net.

View PostPartsman Dan, on 05 October 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Will you have decals made of the logo by any chance.

Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

#15 User is offline   Jay71 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Sports in General...Racing anything with a motor and wheels...

Posted 07 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

The old shall be new again!! Welcome back MSTRC!
2012 Track Count

Crystal 1
Auto City 1
Tri City 2

#16 User is offline   25BlueByeU Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Really good things will never completely die, nice to have the ole girl back around!
Chris Trinklein
Racecar Tattoos

2017 Track Count

Whittemore 13
Tri City 15
Crystal 1
Kalamazoo 1
Eldora 1
Owosso 1

#17 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:racing

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

can't wait for2018 season
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2017Track Count
Tri City 15
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Mt Plesant 2
Whittemore 2
Birch Run 1
Silver Bullett 1
Owosso 1
[color="#000000"]

#18 User is offline   kaycorbgm Icon

• Icon

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:40 AM

Welcome back! Thanks for opening MSTRC back up!!

#19 User is offline   WILDBILL Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

Great News!
Wild Bill Barnhart

#20 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:01 AM

I don't care what it smells like, cause it feels good!!!

Thank you to Verwayne and anyone responsible for bringing it back. I've missed this place so much since it's been gone.

Let's talk racing!!!!
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users