Michigan Short Track Racing Club: 04" Suburban hesitates on accelleration due to traction control - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

04" Suburban hesitates on accelleration due to traction control Message Center States...Stability System Activated

#1 User is offline   Todd29 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

Ok Thanks in advance....My wife's 04' Suburban(1500/4X4/245,000 miles), basically cuts out when accelerating from a stop. I've hooked it up to a computer and checked the speed sensors while moving, all of them appear to be reading the same and accurate. I've replaced the right front wheel bearing which included a new ABS/speed sensor. when replacing the seals and bearings in the rearend recently, I pulled and cleaned the ABS sensors back there. If I push the button on the dash de-activating the stability system the vehicle drives flawlessly. Anything I've found online has pointed to the ABS speed sensors...the only one I haven't done something with is the left front. However, like I said all four corners appear to be operating properly when being diagnosed with the computer hooked up. This only occurs on acceleration and I've been chasing it for probably 12 months.

#2 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

WHY would you replace a hub assm for a hesitation? THAT would NOT be a consideration at all for a hesitation or cuts out issue. Sounds like GOOGLED it cure. Should have spent money on diagnostics by a real mechanic,,,experienced type that is

#3 User is offline   Todd29 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for your reply Dick...you are a "Ball of Sunshine". I've got to tell ya...I've never met you personally, however just about everyone of your posts puts a smile on my face and usually gets a chuckle. You are definitely cut from the same cloth as my Dad...I might give him a call today and see how he's doing.
At 245,000 miles the right front wheel bearing was bad, not uncommon on GM trucks(as most experienced mechanics realize), I've replaced multiple wheel bearings on my 2500HD for towing the race trailer. I mentioned it simply because it includes the ABS/speed sensor, which could have been suspect. I also replaced the seals and bearings in the rear end due to mileage and they were worn out, not thinking that had anything to do with the hesitation. The only money I tend to "waste" isn't on vehicle repairs or diagnostics...it's my racing habit.
Since you mentioned GOOGLE, ya it's a wonderful tool, but I prefer the Car Quest Direct Hit. It's a program that many shops/experienced mechanics use to diagnose customers vehicles. You should check it out, I think it runs about $100/mth.
Unfortunately, none of this is fixing my wife's Burb...if you have any ideas I'd like to hear them.
On a separate note if you need a HANS to run your mod this summer, you're welcome to use mine, won't cost you a dime. I only race a few weekends a year the way things are going.

#4 User is offline   Todd29 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the information. The last time I scanned it, I got an air flow sensor code and one other(I don't remember), it's written down out in the shop. I'll save your info and run the scanner again...see if any of it applies.

#5 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Ya Todd give him a call..Not many out spoken old guys left. Ones that aren't sucking mush thru a straw. Those maf sensors can be tricky to catch since they act fine when you are looking at them on a scope. Fuel trim numbers that are off for no apparent reason are a big clue. Even if they are in range but off slightly the trim numbers will give it away.

#6 User is offline   Todd29 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

Thanks...continue to enjoy them grandkids. Looks like they'll have snow to ski on for at least another couple weeks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users