Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Full Moon At Auto City - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Full Moon At Auto City Thanks

#1 User is offline   Greg Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

Thanks to everyone for your help and support last night at the track. Without alot of help , we couldn't have gotten one of the cars loaded. It really must have been a full moon last night with all the stupid things that happened. We will be back no matter how much damage was caused.

Greg

#2 User is offline   kmaki18 Icon

• Kyle "The Kid" Maki
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(Greg @ Aug 26 2007, 09:38 PM) View Post
Thanks to everyone for your help and support last night at the track. Without alot of help , we couldn't have gotten one of the cars loaded. It really must have been a full moon last night with all the stupid things that happened. We will be back no matter how much damage was caused.
Greg

Greg no problem....it sure was crazy. Like I said if you need anything as far as statements/witnesses Terry knows my phone number....or you can reach me on here. Sure was a crazy night!
Kyle Maki #18 Fire Depot/RJS Racing Legends
http://www.bishopperformance.net/

#3 User is offline   racinray75 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:ummm racing

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE(kmaki18 @ Aug 27 2007, 11:27 AM) View Post
Greg no problem....it sure was crazy. Like I said if you need anything as far as statements/witnesses Terry knows my phone number....or you can reach me on here. Sure was a crazy night!

ok now I gotta know what happened.

Ray

#4 User is offline   kmaki18 Icon

• Kyle "The Kid" Maki
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE(racinray75 @ Aug 27 2007, 08:04 AM) View Post
ok now I gotta know what happened.

Ray

You can catch most of the story under the pavement track/ ac section

#5 Guest_chris_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

I myself do not want to see a bashing contest here so I will not mention any names but I sure as hell am going to sound off.

I must say that what I heard happen really upset me. I wasn't so much PO'ed over the incident as I was just disgusted and sad something like this would happen in a division such as the Pro Late's. I have always considered these drivers to be professional acting, considerate of each other and clean racers.

What transpired " out on that track after the checkered flag flew " should have never taken place. EVER. There is no excuse for it and it could have very easily have injured or killed someone. The end result was two wrecked race cars and a whole lot of money down the tubes because one person cannot control their temper. I have always felt that if you cannot control your emotions, get out of this sport as it is not the place for you. Go take up golf or something else.

The driver who caused this should go to church, light a candle and say a prayer that:

1.) He doesn't drive for me ( He would be done. Booted out of the car forever. History. )

2.) He doesn't race at a track I own or promote ( because he would be banned for eternity )

3.) He isn't my son. ( If he was, I would probably beat him senseless and then make him fix the other car he tore up and pay for it all then apologize to all the racers who were there that night ).

This sport is expensive, racers backs are against a big financial wall and car owners are going broke every week. We do not need this kind of crap in this sport. It's a black eye for all of us and its a kick in the teeth to the many, many racers who work so hard at promoting this sport to the public.

This driver needs to be parked and I hope Joe Dewitte has the bullocks and doesn't cave in to political pressure and sweep this under the rug. There is NO EXCUSE or defense for what happened. NONE. It was reckless endangerment at the highest levels.

If I was the driver and the car owner I would go find a dark cave to hide in I would be so embarrassed and wouldn't show my face for a year.

I cannot wait to see the video of this one ( and I am sure the prosecutor cannot wait to see it either ).

End of lecture,

Chris

#6 User is offline   cpracer Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:57 AM

Well can anyone without bashing anyone else at least explain the circumstances of what happened?

It sounds like something happened after the race was over but was it in the pits, on the track, at the bar?

Also it sounds like the authourities were involved which makes you think it happened in the pits or something.

Just try and clarify it somewhat so maybe the rumors dont get to out of control.

#7 User is offline   TT22KH Icon

• Kyle Hayden
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:13 AM

Turnbull spun Whitney out during the feature, and got sent to the rear.

He then spun someone else out a few laps later, and got sent to the rear. (after jumping the re-start and passing on the inside before the line)

After the checkers fell some of the drivers drove up to give Sam Coulter a thumbs up for his win and Turnbull drove right into Whitney's drivers window on the backstretch. It pretty much destroyed the drivers side of Whitney's car. Lucky for Shaun that he wasn't hit by Turnbull's bumper when it went in his window, or maybe he was I really don't know.

Something else may have transpired in the pits, but I did not see it.
Kyle Hayden
#14 Jeg's All-Stars Tour/ACSS Impala SS

#8 User is offline   kmaki18 Icon

• Kyle "The Kid" Maki
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(TT22KH @ Aug 27 2007, 09:13 AM) View Post

He then spun someone else out a few laps later, and got sent to the rear. (after jumping the re-start and passing on the inside before the line)

After the checkers fell some of the drivers drove up to give Sam Coulter a thumbs up for his win and Turnbull drove right into Whitney's drivers window on the backstretch. It pretty much destroyed the drivers side of Whitney's car. Lucky for Shaun that he wasn't hit by Turnbull's bumper when it went in his window, or maybe he was I really don't know.

It reminded me a lot of the days of thunder scene when cole trickle slammed into Russ Wheeler after the checkered.....the flag was thrown, the caution lights were on and john drove into shaun.....the scary thing is that Bubba had his hand out the window as johns car DROVE OVER the door....it was very close to taking his hand off....*(the wheels rode on top of eachother like when mods touch wheels...there are tire marks GOING UP the door....it moved his radio box which was on the "a" pillar)

#9 User is offline   Greg Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(TT22KH @ Aug 27 2007, 11:13 PM) View Post

This incident is over! Bubba wanted to have a face to face after the fact but, a few fellow drivers calmed him down first. There will never be any retaliation coming from our camp! The rest of this incident will be handled ( hopefully ) by Joe Dewitte and the powers to be. We are extremely dissapointed that the other driver had to resort to these actions on the track so blatantly. We have always gotten along with the other driver and just don't understand this extreme anger. I can understand people being pissed at times (been there!) but, to put someones life in danger is something else! This could have changed alot of lives forever with one or both drivers getting hurt bad.

Greg

#10 User is offline   bobcat Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:wife/racing/classic muscle cars

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

Just another typical night at auto city, they really don't have a clue how to run a race track! the show drags on forever, booring as all get out! the lower divisions and there fans, including the kids that came to see there favorites, are all asleep when they run, everyone is in the frame of mind, can't we just get this overwith, instead of being excited! its pathetic! it takes a minimum of 20 minutes to remove 1 car and reset the field to resume racing. I watched the crew take at least a half hour to move 1 pro late. and that didn't even count cleaning the track! its no wonder people are finding new ways to spend there entertainment money! as far as the pro late problem goes, the problem car in question, was out of control most of the race, what he did after the race was very dangerous and could have injured the driver of the other car, not to mention the serious money needed to repair the car, he should be banned for at least the remainder of the year. If a driver is that intent on wrecking cars, he needs to go to demolition derbys, not late models!

#11 User is offline   Greg Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(mrvids @ Aug 28 2007, 06:10 AM) View Post
Greg, you & your family are a class act. Glad you built a safe race car, although safety should have never needed to come into play here. Hope you can fix it before the next outing.
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the words. There was alot of damage to our car and it will take many hours and money to fix it but, we will be at the next race ready to go. We have many good friends that have called and E-mailed us offering help. We also have great sponsors that are on ready to help us get that car looking good for the next race.

Greg

#12 User is offline   Icechips Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing, photography, reading

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

It shocked me because I had no idea what happened until they rolled the video back and I watched it. I'm glad to hear the only thing damaged was the racecar, which can be fixed, and no one was hurt.

At Toledo if something happens on the half mile that they know is going to take 15 minutes to clean up, then they run the small track. They probably could've done this and it would've probably saved us about 20 minutes.

I'm the one that makes them stop the cars to realign them. I only have them stop the cars if there's more than a couple cars out of line. It's easier to realign them this way rather than letting them roll along and only catch two at a time.

Now I have solution for this... Scanners. Flat Rock has done this with their SS for a couple years. They're regular scanners like you listen to in the stands, and they get one frequency, the tower. When the cars are out of line, they broadcast where they go and they go. You can realign the field in the time it takes to clean up the caution. But they had to pay about $90-$100 for their scanners. But they could also use it tell them there's a caution, so a safety factor.

#13 Guest_fastbruce88_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

What were the Pro Late results??????

#14 User is offline   TaBOGIE Icon

• Super Late Model Owner & Driver
  • Icon

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

feature

1. 04 coulter
2. 65 owens
3. 72 whitney
4. 1 hartwell
5. 71 bogusz
6. 67 wilcox
7. 25 rederstorf
Terry A. Bogusz
Fast Company Motorsports
1997 River City Speedway Champion (Karting)
2008 Auto City Super Stock Track Champion
#550 ARCA Outlaw Super Late Model

#15 User is offline   jerrywells Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

the accident to one of the pro lates tore up his whole front end and the had to be extra careful so it did take a few axtra minutes to clean up the debries. the did a good job and was doing there best to get it cleaned up properly.the mans whole front end was tore up. tunbolt should have been black flaged for the way he was driving. they could not have run another race because of where the accident happened. it was right next to the back stretch of the 1/4 mile and would have been to dangerous to the saftey crew and the other drivers. it is a shame what happened to bubba as he is a very clean driver and respectful young man at all times. turnbolt got into bubba more then just a couple of times but bubba just kept driving and kept his temper and driving under control. from what i have heard saturday night they are only giving turnbolt a couple weeks off. even though somthing that blatant should have caused a termination for the rest of the year. the police was also called about the incident.

#16 User is offline   jerrywells Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

not trying to take anything away from the supers but what about what happened to dave christinson #39 of the mods? #43 intentionally tried to take him out in turn 3, intentionally turned right into him , and when dave spun him in turn 4 imediately they sent dave to the rear but gave 43 his spot back? if anything then they both should have went to the back not just dave. to many people are trying to take someone out for really no reason. dave was running a very clean race saturday and to me that was unfair to dave.

#17 User is offline   kmaki18 Icon

• Kyle "The Kid" Maki
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(jerrywells @ Aug 28 2007, 09:28 AM) View Post
not trying to take anything away from the supers but what about what happened to dave christinson #39 of the mods? #43 intentionally tried to take him out in turn 3, intentionally turned right into him , and when dave spun him in turn 4 imediately they sent dave to the rear but gave 43 his spot back? if anything then they both should have went to the back not just dave. to many people are trying to take someone out for really no reason. dave was running a very clean race saturday and to me that was unfair to dave.

I do believe If i saw correctly, I believe that dave tapped his roof taking responsibility....I MAY BE WRONG...but I believe that is what happened....I know I sure was rooting for him though!

#18 User is offline   Icechips Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing, photography, reading

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

I got a weird question? Usually the 1/4 mile cars come off the backstretchand line up. Any idea why the FS feature came in off of turn 4. I was just weird. I saw them snaking through the 1/4 and then to their usual staging area.

#19 User is offline   kmaki18 Icon

• Kyle "The Kid" Maki
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Icechips @ Aug 28 2007, 03:07 PM) View Post
I got a weird question? Usually the 1/4 mile cars come off the backstretchand line up. Any idea why the FS feature came in off of turn 4. I was just weird. I saw them snaking through the 1/4 and then to their usual staging area.

So the top 5 go straight to tech...no "stopping for a bottle of water"....haha

#20 User is offline   TT22KH Icon

• Kyle Hayden
  • Icon

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

The 1/4-mile features never line up on the 1/2-mile, only the heat races. The features always line up in the chute in the pits.

The reason there was a change this week is because they ran the FS feature first. They lined them up on the half-mile and then parked them on the frontstretch to throw frisbees. Some guys came out the back because they park closer to the pit exit.
Kyle Hayden
#14 Jeg's All-Stars Tour/ACSS Impala SS

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users