Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Working together - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Working together

#1 User is offline   mwink119 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

I'm more of a stand in the shadows type of person on here. Might throw my opinion out there here and there, but this topic has been bugging me for a while.

Everyone wants better car counts, regardless of class/series/etc. As for me I've been a late model fan my whole life (39 if you must know), so I'm more focused on them in this post.

WHY are tracks not communicating with each other and why aren't they communicating with travelling series's. EXAMPLE, mid April Berlin has a 75 lapper SLM show, with Toledo running the CRA Super Series 100. Correct me if I'm wrong, but majority of the teams run the regular Berlin show AND the Super Series. Why divide the teams?

That's just one instance. There's a lot more doubling up big shows especially with the Outlaws.

Yeah, I know there's MANY tracks out there and limited weeks to run. Maybe it's me being too picky? I can see if each track is 5 hours apart, or something like that, but 1.5-2 hr spread with big purse shows? Let's make the tracks amazing again.
FIRST STOP of 2019: Kalamazoo Speedway 4/26 "Intimidator 100"

ALL TIME TRACK VISITATION LIST
Mt Clemens
Flat Rock
Toledo
Milan Dragway
Dixie/Birch Run
Auto City
Owosso
Sandusky
Ubly Dragway
Norwalk/Summit Raceway Park
Berlin
Kalamazoo
Winchester
Michigan Int'l
Owendale
Merritt
I-96
Raceway @ Belle Isle
Eldora Speedway
Waynesfield Speedway
Wayne County Speedway
Sharon Speedway
Tri-City Speedway

#2 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:19 AM

Sigh - well stated.

It should be a no brainer, but it doesn't seem to work out that way.

I wish I knew more about when Kzoo and Berlin were both NASCAR sanctioned. I felt like that should have worked better together than it did.

For now I will watch patiently to see how Owosso and Springport do in working together.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users