Michigan Short Track Racing Club: man dies in a on track road rage - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

man dies in a on track road rage

#1 User is offline   slide job Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

i just seen footage of the deal on sports center and from what i seen 14 put the driver into the wall than came flying around again under yellow and hit and killed the driver who got out and was pointing at the 14. a terrable thing to see. sadly i have seen death a tracks before but this is way different.

#2 User is offline   racer72 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

I'm guessing you're not a stewart fan. The wreck looked like a racing accident. The guy should have never got out of his car in the first place. When he did, he basically commited suicide. I have no sympathy for him. It ruined racing for a lot of people at many levels becasue this guy lost his head. From what I saw, stewart tried to swerve around him. Road rage cost Kevin Ward his life. Just stupid.
I hate to speculate but I wouldn't be shocked if the autopsy says that he was on cocaine.

but on a separate note, you and I agree on where to fish for walleye :smile2:/>/> Thanks again for the fish.
Bernie explains how to pay for his proposals. https://www.youtube....h?v=5brgT0FWrSM
Gun Control you say? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K13HdTsW_E0
taking the name of the LORD in vain http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8eV0OipvkZE
10-29-12 United States of ALEC http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IyTU9RbOEJo
new 10-25-12 watch and decide who IS THE REAL FRAUD http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gT77qP2Nai8
added 1-22-12 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-AAsQR8I4Es Koch Bros.
http://www.linktv.or...-party#comments
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgBDeb28pe0

Use your own critical thinking skills and decide for yourself
Curt Olar

#3 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:racing

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

View Postslide job, on 10 August 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

i just seen footage of the deal on sports center and from what i seen 14 put the driver into the wall than came flying around again under yellow and hit and killed the driver who got out and was pointing at the 14. a terrable thing to see. sadly i have seen death a tracks before but this is way different.

Unfortunaltly the young man caused the wreck and ad no business being out of his car the rest is up to judgement and I'am a Stewart hater but not his fault
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2017Track Count
Tri City 15
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Mt Plesant 2
Whittemore 2
Birch Run 1
Silver Bullett 1
Owosso 1
[color="#000000"]

#4 User is offline   BIGcheater Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

The dude that posted this topic should work for TMZ, or the Enquirer.
Roger Flickinger

BIGcheater Motorsports Dirt Street Stock

#5 User is offline   BIGcheater Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

I missed the pole the first time, that is classless. Sure hope moderators make the right call here.
Roger Flickinger

#6 User is offline   slide job Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

i based my on the speed the 14 was going long after the yellow was out for the crash ONE FULL lap. being the most experenced of all them guys he was running with way did he not slow down .that was road rage that caused the wreck and rhe same continuing act of road rage caused the guy to get out and the same rage by the guy steering and not slowing hit the other standing there under the yellow . if thaat happened on a public street 14 would be already in jail. sorry it was the 14 but that should not change the facts, guys have been getting out for ever and not been killed

#7 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postslide job, on 10 August 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

i based my on the speed the 14 was going long after the yellow was out for the crash ONE FULL lap. being the most experenced of all them guys he was running with way did he not slow down .that was road rage that caused the wreck and rhe same continuing act of road rage caused the guy to get out and the same rage by the guy steering and not slowing hit the other standing there under the yellow . if thaat happened on a public street 14 would be already in jail. sorry it was the 14 but that should not change the facts, guys have been getting out for ever and not been killed

What in the World are you talking about? By what you're saying, Tony should have passed a whole bunch of cars under caution, but he stayed in his spot. Dude is running out to try and attack your car after he crashed himself behind you, what do YOU do...if it was me, I'd cut left and mash the gas to try and get away....but the suicidal maniac was out in the middle of traffic and threw himself under the R.R. tire.

Drivers that get out and charge into traffic should be suspended from future events.

Drivers that stop on track to argue calls from the officials should also be suspended from future events. You are endangering other people by stopping on the track and forcing a pedestrian to come out into traffic so you can yell at them and while putting them in harms way.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#8 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Sponsor Member

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

People who go off and blame others based on personal beliefs and limited knowledge are the reason I am so glad we have JURIES. But a jury full of do gooders and haters is possible so we have review courts. It sounds like a witch hunt for some,even when they NEVER existed ,the same mentality is what got innocent people burned alive.

It looked to me that the guy didn't have the spot but was gonna be famous for passing Tony on the outside anyway. To assume that he knew the guy was going to run out in front of him and block his path is kinda crazy. He knew he had contact behind him to the right but I am sure he didn't know much else. I bet Tony wasn't expecting the guy to come out of bright lights and loud colors to be pointing at him(keeping) directly in front of him. Jerk left and try to avoid him is natural..I think Tony never would hit anyone on purpose. Roughing up a car and banging them is one thing bit hitting a person is another thing. Instant natural response is to not hit them,even if yoyu are mad at them. It is a game changer from mad to in prison.

Keep hating you haters. Sometimes the victim is the INSTIGATOR and get himself hurt but blaming his intended victim is not right or just.

THE only rage was from the victim, he made himself a victim not innocently.

#9 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

This is my take on the Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. Accident; It was an accident! Nobody can get in Tony's shoes and say he did this, or he did that, or he should have done this. The only one that truly knows what happened is Tony. Everything else is just pure speculation and opinions of people that have seen the accident.

I pray for not only the family and friends of Kevin but for Tony as well, since he will have to live with this the rest of his life. The one thing that can come from all of this is that there is no reason to get out of a car to confront another driver for a wreck! If you want to fist fight each other then go in to the pits and fight and keep it off the track!
Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

#10 User is offline   slide job Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

the reason for the post is not a witch hunt but to get people who like this sport (members of this club) to take a good look at the what and why of this and make sure it never happens again. all them antics are fun and games till someone gets hurt like now. i hope starting at the zoo wed and every other track THIS weekend talks about this at the drivers meeting.

#11 User is offline   Gunner Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

View Postslide job, on 11 August 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

the reason for the post is not a witch hunt but to get people who like this sport (members of this club) to take a good look at the what and why of this and make sure it never happens again. all them antics are fun and games till someone gets hurt like now. i hope starting at the zoo wed and every other track THIS weekend talks about this at the drivers meeting.

I have great news for you; you can and should rest assured. Starting at model car racing, radio controlled and slot, and all the way up to the big time, drivers are repeatedly told and reminded and directed and ordered and instructed and admonished to STAY OFF THE TRACK. Mr. Ward had been racing since he was FOUR years old. I can not imagine how many times he has been instructed accordingly, and I cannot begin to guess how many times drivers will be reminded in light of Mr. Ward's deliberate disregard for instruction and safety.

#12 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostGunner, on 11 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I have great news for you; you can and should rest assured. Starting at model car racing, radio controlled and slot, and all the way up to the big time, drivers are repeatedly told and reminded and directed and ordered and instructed and admonished to STAY OFF THE TRACK. Mr. Ward had been racing since he was FOUR years old. I can not imagine how many times he has been instructed accordingly, and I cannot begin to guess how many times drivers will be reminded in light of Mr. Ward's deliberate disregard for instruction and safety.

Here's a rarity, I couldn't agree with you more Gunner.

How many times have we seen this play out right in front of us??? Of course, without the death of a driver. Hundreds if not thousands of times. Each and every time I have witnessed this I always think, WHY??? What is it that any driver that does this think will happen? What is going to be accomplished by you walking out on the track and putting yourself in harms way, just to show your ass!! Do you just want to fight? Confront? Isn't that much easier AND PROFESSIONAL to do that in the pits?? Do you really think the other driver is going to stop, beg for forgiveness, sing Cumbi-Yaa, and honor you like a queen?? No. Nothing good comes out of you getting out of your car while it is still on the race track. Ever.

I don't know how much this will affect the whole landscape of racing, but what I do sense is that getting, providing, and keeping insurance for an already rocky insured risk sport will be harder, and much more expensive. Which will be felt at first by the owner/Promoter, but will eventually, some of the cost anyways, be passed on to all of us. Drivers, employees, fans, it will affect us all.

I think there needs to be a heavy fine and suspension for ANY driver getting out of their car when it is on ANY race track. The time it would be ok is if it is on fire. PERIOD.
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#13 User is offline   TT22KH Icon

• Kyle Hayden
  • Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

If your intent was "to get people who like this sport to take a good look at it," why would you title the thread "man dies in on track road rage." You are worse than the bone-headed media outlets that have been "reporting" on the incident since it happened.
Kyle Hayden
#14 Jeg's All-Stars Tour/ACSS Impala SS

#14 User is online   Verwayne Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

Amen Ed. I talked with Ron Flinn this morning about this situation and while it has always been Crystal Motor Speedway policy to DQ a driver for getting out of their car to protest a call, Ron is contemplating much steeper penalties mainly due all of the hype and how the "legal" system will respond to this. You can bet tracks will see their insurance rates sky rocket... as if they weren't high enough already.

I met and spoke briefly (about 45 seconds!) with Tony on July 19th at CMS. Granted the guy will never win a "Mr. Sunshine" award, he recognized me from talking with him a couple years back at a promoters meeting. He was just there to race and was less than thrilled about the attention he was getting. I suppose it would get tiresome but that is the price you pay for 'stardom.' This is a tragedy all the way around with no winners at all.
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Vincit Omnia Veritas (Truth conquers all!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#15 User is offline   racechaser Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

View Postslide job, on 11 August 2014 - 03:42 AM, said:

I am not sure why a driver spinning out beside you would make you mad! I didn't see contact between the 13 and 14 on the spin, but even if there was contact I don't see where Tony would be upset! to me he was doing the same speed as the car in front of him which probably obscured his vision of a driver running at him till he was on him. People are reading more into this than actually happened! Unfortunate for all, families, drivers, track crews, anyone involved with any kind of racing.

#16 User is offline   Rocky Icon

• Filthy Sailor
  • Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

View Postmod911, on 10 August 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

People who go off and blame others based on personal beliefs and limited knowledge are the reason I am so glad we have JURIES. But a jury full of do gooders and haters is possible so we have review courts. It sounds like a witch hunt for some,even when they NEVER existed ,the same mentality is what got innocent people burned alive.

It looked to me that the guy didn't have the spot but was gonna be famous for passing Tony on the outside anyway. To assume that he knew the guy was going to run out in front of him and block his path is kinda crazy. He knew he had contact behind him to the right but I am sure he didn't know much else. I bet Tony wasn't expecting the guy to come out of bright lights and loud colors to be pointing at him(keeping) directly in front of him. Jerk left and try to avoid him is natural..I think Tony never would hit anyone on purpose. Roughing up a car and banging them is one thing bit hitting a person is another thing. Instant natural response is to not hit them,even if yoyu are mad at them. It is a game changer from mad to in prison.

Keep hating you haters. Sometimes the victim is the INSTIGATOR and get himself hurt but blaming his intended victim is not right or just.

THE only rage was from the victim, he made himself a victim not innocently.

People from outside our community do not and will NEVER understand. While it wasn't one of them racing deals. As you have said yourself stay in your damn car. People from outside our community ALSO don't understand that it extends from Sprint Cup to Hornets and Go Karts. My Buddy's Dad said and HE AIN'T part of our community, there is no way to tell what happened that boy run into oncoming cars in a black firesuit at night.... Unfortunately Dick. I worry that the protectionists will use this as leverage to outlaw racing on our level. The people that hate guns and race cars and freedom of choice, you know " Dangerous things". They keep saying Dimly Lit track..... People that have never seen a race car on a dirt track much less strapped into one. Tony will see this in his mind the rest of his damned life. I could even see him retiring over it.

Imported From Saginaw.
(Va) Langley Speedway-1
(Va) Virginia Motor Speedway-1
(Tn) Volunteer Speedway-1
(Tn) Bristol Motor speedway-1

Lifetime Total 36 tracks in 10 states. Please, please, please don't let it rain on Saturday anymore this season.

#17 User is offline   Rocky Icon

• Filthy Sailor
  • Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

And this COULD have happened and WOULD have happened at any race track in America in Anywhere USA, it just has a NASCAR name attached to it.
Imported From Saginaw.
(Va) Langley Speedway-1

Lifetime Total 36 tracks in 10 states. Please, please, please don't let it rain on Saturday anymore this season.

#18 User is offline   BIGcheater Icon

• Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

View Postslide job, on 12 August 2014 - 01:10 AM, said:

I'll stand by what I said, and Kyle H said as well. Your topic, poll, and post in no way support your claim.
Roger Flickinger

#19 User is offline   Rocky Icon

• Filthy Sailor
  • Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostBIGcheater, on 11 August 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

I'll stand by what I said, and Kyle H said as well. Your topic, poll, and post in no way support your claim.

Where's the danged thumbs up button right now?
Imported From Saginaw.
(Va) Langley Speedway-1

#20 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Sponsor Member

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

It's the doo gooders for everyone else that ruin things. I am so concerned for you I am gong to kill you to keep you from dying a horrible death, I am so great.

Some old rules still apply,like stay in your car, driver MUST be able to exit right side of car and more. Just because you don't understand a rule does not mean it is not needed. All tracks need a guy in charge,red flashing light on his head and demand silence form the bleachers in emergency situations. Like at Owosso when the car was on fire. Pure luck that guy didn't get burned alive. If his fuel line or pump would have been damaged and fuel running out......pure luck it didn't.

Tracks quit worrying about rules like these long ago and only worry about trivial things. Minimum effort thing,we got cars so leave em alone so no one leaves the 12 car field so we have cars to put on the show. A racer should consider himself lucky to race with a star,not act like an idiot when they are around.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users