Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Furnas On Fire With Whittemore Win - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Furnas On Fire With Whittemore Win

#1 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

Whittemore Speedway hosted the 4th Annual Earleen Ayers Memorial for the MCR Dwarf Car Series and it was John Furnas making a clean sweep of the night. Furnas set fast time of the evening with a 13.376 and then picked up the win in heat race number two. Troy Hoffman grabbed the checkered flag in heat race number one.

Hoffman and Kevin Ayers led the field to green, but it was Furnas making all the right moves to come from last to first in three laps to wrestle the lead away from Hoffman. As Furnas stretched his lead, all eyes were on the battle for 2nd through 5th as Hoffman was trying everything to hold off Ayers, Morgen Baird and Eric Hoffman. Kim Hughes joined the battle and was able to get past in to second spot. The 25 lap feature would go green to checkered and Furnas, in his first visit to Whittemore would pick up his second win in a row and fourth overall! Hughes would finish second while Ayers, Baird and Eric Hoffman rounded out the top five.

Up next for the MCR Series is a stop at Auto City Speedway! For more information about MCR, visit www.midwestclassicracers.com
Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users