Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Whittemore Results - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whittemore Results 8/8/15

#1 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:51 AM

Mods 50 Cars Brian Nester (with a splash and go)
Lead sleds Derke Moe
Legends #17
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 16
Birch Run 2
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#2 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

Wow so he was so far ahead he pitted and still won? It was a no fuel stop race I thought. Imagine that,did everyone have to pit?

#3 User is offline   old84 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:going racing as much as possible and seeing new race tracks.

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

View Postmod911, on 10 August 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Wow so he was so far ahead he pitted and still won? It was a no fuel stop race I thought. Imagine that,did everyone have to pit?
no dick they had a fuel stop at lap 87 i think because there was quite a few cautions. from what i understood 3 or 4 cars ran out of fuel at that caution so they let everyone put gas in. it was a long night due to a 1 hr. intermission-autograph session and they ran the 100 lapper the last race of the night. didnt get over til about 12:30 AM. races were pretty good though just wish i could have gotten out earlier for the 100 mile drive home.
2015 race counter 57 races 20 tracks 4 states
tri city 14, merritt 8, berlin 5, crystal 5, oakshade 4, volusia speedway 3, new smyrna speedway 2, fremont 2, flat rock 2, Florence ky. 2, mt. pleasant 1, kalamazoo 1, daytona itnl. speedway 1, toledo 1, auto city 1, springport 1, i-96 1, dixie 1, whittemore 1, eldora 1.

lifetime total 126 tracks in 11 states.

#4 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

SO, they changed the rules during the race? What about the guys who PREPARED properly? Why were they screwed over,they carried the extra weight around for 80 laps also. Just to have someone else get fuel and win???? WTF??

#5 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

It was 1:06 when the final checkered flag waved.

There were 2 cars out of fuel on the same lap, the first to stop (or not move) was the leader. The second had moved half a lap and then stopped. I felt particularly bad for the #13 who had run in the top 5 all night and then couldn't get re-fired after the fuel stop (incidentally he likely had enough to finish the race).

There were a number of changes made on the fly during the night, including ones (yes, plural) like the fuel stop that had been actively discussed during the drivers meeting.

It was an amazing event, with fantastic support from the track/Gray family, the teams, and the fans. I imagine it was overwhelming with the turnout, so I don't want to denigrate it; I just hope that singular aspect gets "tightened up" for next year as I look forward to participating in it again.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users