• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MyRacePass

#1 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

A number of tracks have migrated to using MyRacePass.

The website suggests downloading the app - has anybody used it? It will not download properly for me.

The website is a dumpster fire. Links redirect back to front pages, there are invasive video ads that are a chore to minimize, it slows the computer down, tracks that no longer use the site are not removed, etc. I have tried multiple browsers and even loading from my phone. Did not matter which web browser I used and it crashed my phone browser.

#2 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

I use it on my phone. Works OK. I'm not a big fan of their business model. It seams like it's all about money and setup to try and collect as much money as possible from the racers and fans. I did pay for the Live timing as that was the only way to get access to the timing data at all. You couldn't even retrieve past data without the live timing subscription. With all the ways they are trying to collect money you would think they would put some effort into their app and website.

Personally I liked Race Monitor, but apparently their marketing with the tracks wasn't as good.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#3 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

BTW I downloaded it from the Play Store, not their site so not sure if that makes any difference.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#4 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

Hmm - I will have to look at that. Thank you for the heads-up.

I didn't want to even broach their business model, but it sure seems like they are just throwing things out there to create varied revenue streams. One that caught me off guard is that (apparently) drivers can sign up for it. Their schedules then populate the tracks that they are going to. So you may have a track link - click schedule - and it only shows the dates that those drivers are going to be there. It looks like the track is not doing a good job, when in actuality...

My other issue? Many of the tracks that use it - no longer even bother to put the results out there or on their website. "Just go there." Apathy at its finest.

#5 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

you guys nailed it, I love the timing feature, but hate everything else. I'm also not sure why it took so long to get transponder data that we already pay for, and that racemonitor had for free IIRC.

Navigation within the app is a dumpster fire just like the website... and since i have the subscription on my phone app I dont seem to be able to log into the website (also irritating)

https://plus.google....722002586101395
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

IMCA @ Tri City Speedway August 31st
Boone Supernationals September 4-8
Crystal Motor Speedway Sept 15-16
I-96 Speedway Sept 22-23
Outlaw Speedway (Dundee, NY) October 19-20

Follow @highinthedirt on Twitter and Instagram!

Follow me on Facebook!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users