Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Dinger suspended for drugs - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dinger suspended for drugs

#1 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

A.J. Almindinger has been suspended for failing drug test at Kentucky
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 14
Birch Run 2
Crystal 1
Merritt 4
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#2 User is offline   ol'shoe22 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Personally I like the guy and I'm hoping something surfaces other than an illegal substance.

#3 User is offline   fastbruce Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racin and drinkin

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

View Postol, on 08 July 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Personally I like the guy and I'm hoping something surfaces other than an illegal substance.

The problem is Hes had his chance to dispute it as far as any legal Drug he has a prescription for. I think hes screwed now I just hope he doesnt pull a Mayfield and just owns up to it

#4 User is offline   Steve_Voisinet Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

I found it a little odd that they found out about the suspension just a few hours before the race at Daytona Saturday night. I was there - Sam Hornish was flown in from North Carolina, and made it to Daytona with eight minutes to spare before the race started.

#5 User is offline   CLT Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

NASCAR doesn't play games with their drug policies and while I bash the crap out of them for many other things I applaud them for that. There is no room in this sport for drug use. You either want to be a pot head or pill popper or a racer. Pick one. But you do not go to the track hyped or hung over from drugs and then go race while risking the health and life of those around you. Especially on superspeedways.

I have seen many waltz out the door because of dropping dirty samples. From crew members to drivers. Some you never read about because they were low profile drivers, others hit the newstands. Tim Richmond was a perfect example of high profile drivers getting booted. Jeremy another.

Some have been quietly shown the door never to return again. I appreciate their policy and I back it 100 %. We have way to many good young drivers out there with talent who deserve a shot and who would be positive role models for the sport then to dick around with someone who has drug issues.

This isn't Dingers first rodeo. It wasn't long ago he stood in a court room and faced the judge over DUI charges. Sorry folks but if sample B comes back dirty then boot his ass down the road and find another young talent.

Chris

#6 User is offline   fastbruce Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostCLT, on 10 July 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

NASCAR doesn't play games with their drug policies and while I bash the crap out of them for many other things I applaud them for that. There is no room in this sport for drug use. You either want to be a pot head or pill popper or a racer. Pick one. But you do not go to the track hyped or hung over from drugs and then go race while risking the health and life of those around you. Especially on superspeedways.

I have seen many waltz out the door because of dropping dirty samples. From crew members to drivers. Some you never read about because they were low profile drivers, others hit the newstands. Tim Richmond was a perfect example of high profile drivers getting booted. Jeremy another.

Some have been quietly shown the door never to return again. I appreciate their policy and I back it 100 %. We have way to many good young drivers out there with talent who deserve a shot and who would be positive role models for the sport then to dick around with someone who has drug issues.

This isn't Dingers first rodeo. It wasn't long ago he stood in a court room and faced the judge over DUI charges. Sorry folks but if sample B comes back dirty then boot his ass down the road and find another young talent.

Chris

I talked to a friend that works at Penske on the 22 team and they were told Monday by the Boss to keep their mouth shut and continue working, Sam is well liked there and they are Happy he is in the Car, The tests on the B sample are being done, But its all from the same Cup of wizz so I would say his chances of passing are not good, I have seen several Pit Crew members I worked with get booted by Nascar, They get a chance to get their Crap together and come back but then they are tested almost every week after that for a while and The tests are charged to the Crew member, I guess the best advice is Don't do it in the first place, go out and have a couple drinks if you need a buzz

#7 User is offline   MyOpinion Icon

• Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Racing duh

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postfastbruce, on 10 July 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

I talked to a friend that works at Penske on the 22 team and they were told Monday by the Boss to keep their mouth shut and continue working, Sam is well liked there and they are Happy he is in the Car, The tests on the B sample are being done, But its all from the same Cup of wizz so I would say his chances of passing are not good, I have seen several Pit Crew members I worked with get booted by Nascar, They get a chance to get their Crap together and come back but then they are tested almost every week after that for a while and The tests are charged to the Crew member, I guess the best advice is Don't do it in the first place, go out and have a couple drinks if you need a buzz

Seems odd he would decide to have the B sample tested if he felt he were in danger of failing. All the B sample being tested would do, if he knew he were guilty, would make him look much worse. But then again, I also gave Jeremy Mayfield the benefit of the doubt. But I just don't get the vibe that AJ is the type to do it. I hope if worse comes to worse, maybe he can go back to IndyCars and make a career there, because I very much so like AJ and would like to see him do well.
Chris Fobbe
Announcer / Media / Public Relations Springport Motor Speedway

#8 User is offline   fastbruce Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostMyOpinion, on 10 July 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Seems odd he would decide to have the B sample tested if he felt he were in danger of failing. All the B sample being tested would do, if he knew he were guilty, would make him look much worse. But then again, I also gave Jeremy Mayfield the benefit of the doubt. But I just don't get the vibe that AJ is the type to do it. I hope if worse comes to worse, maybe he can go back to IndyCars and make a career there, because I very much so like AJ and would like to see him do well.

It really doesnt make much sense to do it if you know your Guilty, Aegis screens for literally 100s of substances Legal and Illegal, I have been tested probably 10-12 times since Ive been in Nascar and had a positive last year but i was taking pain pills for my back and had a prescription, I gave Aegis a copy of my script and all was good Nascar doesnt get informed until you have exhausted all plausible reasons to have something in your system, Aegis also had a hard drive stolen that had alot of personal info from Nascar team members me included, I got a letter from them and a free credit watch for 2 years from them

#9 User is offline   Gunner Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Postfastbruce, on 10 July 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

It really doesnt make much sense to do it if you know your Guilty, Aegis screens for literally 100s of substances Legal and Illegal, I have been tested probably 10-12 times since Ive been in Nascar and had a positive last year but i was taking pain pills for my back and had a prescription, I gave Aegis a copy of my script and all was good Nascar doesnt get informed until you have exhausted all plausible reasons to have something in your system, Aegis also had a hard drive stolen that had alot of personal info from Nascar team members me included, I got a letter from them and a free credit watch for 2 years from them

Sure it makes sense. If you are quilty, you have nothign to loose. There is always the chance, however remote the testing agency may claim it to be, that the second test will not show. If you are guilty, take the chance, it buys some time. Many other reasons too from a political and practical standpoint. More at stake here than just working in nascar.

#10 User is offline   Drake Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, why not take the chance. Look at Ryan Bruan of the brewers, got caught using steriods and fought the chain of evidence and got away with it.
Kyle Drake

#11 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

I hope that he gets this settled soon and can get on with life.. I'd like to think it is just a mistake,, but like Bruce said that rarely happens..
The one thing that sticks in my mind is that you don't ever see the Ms. lately,, isn't she in the medical field??I know it is chiropractic but she can still write scripts or get stuff.. maybe she was trying to help.. or if there is problem between them, maybe he was just trying to get her out of his system.. And like most know it doesn't take a lot of anything to show up in those tests even after weeks since last use.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#12 User is offline   fastbruce Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostKevin 05, on 11 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

I hope that he gets this settled soon and can get on with life.. I'd like to think it is just a mistake,, but like Bruce said that rarely happens..
The one thing that sticks in my mind is that you don't ever see the Ms. lately,, isn't she in the medical field??I know it is chiropractic but she can still write scripts or get stuff.. maybe she was trying to help.. or if there is problem between them, maybe he was just trying to get her out of his system.. And like most know it doesn't take a lot of anything to show up in those tests even after weeks since last use.

Yes by the time Nascar is notified he has had a chance to explane and document the reason for the Positive test, I guess he can roll the dice but I have not heard of anyone having a different result from the B test, Cause its still from the same urine sample taken at Kentucky

#13 User is offline   KCR87 Icon

• "You following me camera guy?"
  • Icon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

It has been documented as a "stimulant" -- I wonder which one it is.
- Kyle Callahan
Posted Image
2013 - Owosso Kart Speedway - Flathead Track Champion

#14 User is offline   Winning Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Speaking of former NASCAR drivers suspended for drug use... Tyler Walker.

Caution: adult language and idiotic behavior.
http://www.papossera...7-05-12&Itemid=

#15 User is offline   mrvids Icon

• Icon

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostWinning, on 11 July 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Great. I watched the video and lost 5 IQ points in the process.
2004 MSTRC Yahoo NASCAR Fantasy Champion 2004-05 MSTRC Yahoo Fantasy Football Champion.
2009-10 MSTRC BCS Bowl Pick'em Champion

#16 User is offline   fastbruce Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

I just got a Text that He failed the B test, Suspended Indefinitely but I can't confirm it yet

#17 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:racing

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Its been confirmed on Nascar web site
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 14
Birch Run 2
Crystal 1
Merritt 4
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#18 User is offline   CLT Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

What a shame. Why would someone screw up their career like that ?

Makes no sense. I would venture to guess his career is over. He can go through the program but what sponsor will touch him afterwards ? First a DUI then this ? He will never return to a first class ride. There are to many other talents out there that can take his place and sponsors drive this sport ( ask Kurt Busch ).

Chris

#19 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

I want more info before I make any judgements. What was it?? Why is there an error threshold in the test if the test is perfect?? Just things like that...

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#20 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostWinning, on 11 July 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Although this temper-tantrum is way over the top as far as being out of control, after some looking into I am sympathetic to the circumstance which triggered this outburst. It seems like this particular track has a rule about going low in a particular way. A wreck reportedly occurred ahead of him which forced him low to avoid it. He did avoid it, however in that process he violated that rule and was penalized for it. I would have been pissed off too! I hope I wouldn't react like that though.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users