• You cannot reply to this topic

Champion

#1 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Brad keseslowski is the 2012 Sprint Cup Champion congrats to Brad and his Team and Roger Penske what do you think Michigan is that coool or what?
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 7
Birch Run 1
Crystal 1
Merritt 1
Whittemore 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#2 User is offline   Gunner Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Congratulations Michigan, you finally got a cup championship.

#3 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Brad did what Rusty Wallace Kurt Busch and Bobby Allison did't win the championship for Miller and the Blue Duce he did what Ray Everham win for Dodge in the modern era and win for Penske which Rusty Kurt and Newman couldn't
Bob Kaul
2018Track Count
Tri City 7
Birch Run 1
Crystal 1
Merritt 1
Whittemore 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#4 User is offline   Gunner Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

View Postkaiserfan, on 18 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Brad did what Rusty Wallace Kurt Busch and Bobby Allison did't win the championship for Miller and the Blue Duce he did what Ray Everham win for Dodge in the modern era and win for Penske which Rusty Kurt and Newman couldn't

Yepper, he did that. But, are you making comparisons to those you listed, or only making an innocent observation?

#5 User is offline   bobcat Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:wife/racing/classic muscle cars

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Postkaiserfan, on 19 November 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

thats cool! MI. motorsports are alive and well, we don't get to race all year, but when we do, the level of competion is very high! cars, motorcycles, you name it, MI kicks butt! Thanks Brad for showing America what MI racing stands for.

#6 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostGunner, on 18 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Yepper, he did that. But, are you making comparisons to those you listed, or only making an innocent observation?

Not knocking any of them but he succeeded where they didn't it's a tribute to what determination can do for you
Bob Kaul
2018Track Count
Tri City 7
Birch Run 1
Crystal 1
Merritt 1
Whittemore 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#7 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Everyone gives Auto City grief and complaints.......The city produced one hell of a race car driver , you cannot argue that. There was obviously a reason his family started him off in factory stocks at AC and Dixie rather that Toledo or Flat Rock, tough places to win. If youve tried you know what im talking about..... :biggrin:/>
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

#8 User is offline   mrvids Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

Did anyone else watch Brad on Windtunnel? Seems a little tipsy, but maybe that goes with the sponsor.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ta-li6R3OCA
2004 MSTRC Yahoo NASCAR Fantasy Champion 2004-05 MSTRC Yahoo Fantasy Football Champion.
2009-10 MSTRC BCS Bowl Pick'em Champion

#9 User is offline   Gunner Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

View Postmrvids, on 19 November 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

Did anyone else watch Brad on Windtunnel? Seems a little tipsy, but maybe that goes with the sponsor.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ta-li6R3OCA

So sorry to see that. I was impressed with what he had accomplished. It may go with the sponsor, but it does not go well with being the Champion. Guess you can take the kid out of autocity, but you cant take ...

Well, anyway, now he has done one more thing that Rusty, Kurt, Bobby, and Ryan didn't.

#10 User is offline   MikeF Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View Postkaiserfan, on 18 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Bobby Allison won the 1983 Winston Cup Championship and his primary sponsor was Miller. Brad has a long way to go before he could be compared to Bobby Allison. Its going to take a lot more than championships to do that.

#11 User is offline   racer72 Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostGunner, on 19 November 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

So sorry to see that. I was impressed with what he had accomplished. It may go with the sponsor, but it does not go well with being the Champion. Guess you can take the kid out of autocity, but you cant take ...

Well, anyway, now he has done one more thing that Rusty, Kurt, Bobby, and Ryan didn't.

Have you ever complained about nascar interviews being too politically correct? For anyone who has, this is your chance to jump for joy that this interview wasn't pc. I'm pretty sure Brad had driven enough already for the day and could afford a designated driver. us Americans are so used to having to play devil's advocate that we always have to find someting to compitch about. I see his honesty and drunkeness as a non-issue. He didn't get in trouble with the law like the busch bros. Enjoy it. Get over it and move on. :violin:/>
Bernie explains how to pay for his proposals. https://www.youtube....h?v=5brgT0FWrSM
Gun Control you say? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K13HdTsW_E0
taking the name of the LORD in vain http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8eV0OipvkZE
10-29-12 United States of ALEC http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IyTU9RbOEJo
new 10-25-12 watch and decide who IS THE REAL FRAUD http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gT77qP2Nai8
added 1-22-12 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-AAsQR8I4Es Koch Bros.
http://www.linktv.or...-party#comments
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgBDeb28pe0

Use your own critical thinking skills and decide for yourself
Curt Olar

#12 User is offline   ND24 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members
  • Interests:Racing, Hunting Whitails, Snowmobiling

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

View Postracer72, on 19 November 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Have you ever complained about nascar interviews being too politically correct? For anyone who has, this is your chance to jump for joy that this interview wasn't pc. I'm pretty sure Brad had driven enough already for the day and could afford a designated driver. us Americans are so used to having to play devil's advocate that we always have to find someting to compitch about. I see his honesty and drunkeness as a non-issue. He didn't get in trouble with the law like the busch bros. Enjoy it. Get over it and move on. :violin:/>/>

Amen to that Congrats Brad. He did one hell of a job this year and the drinkin beer during his interviews I thought was showing he is not the squeaky clean boring politicaly correct driver as most in Nascar are. I say way to go Brad I am one of the fortuinate racers that got to compete with him and thats pretty cool yeah I wish I could be doing that for a living but I am not it makes me happy to see him be successful in the top racing series in the country.

#13 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

Gratuitous public drunkenness is sort of silly, and I'm not really standing up for that on its own. (even though I think a lot of people think that its cool in some juvenile way) I will however stand up and give a big HELL YEAH to an ordinary guy NOT being a marketing robot, NOT walking the line, and NOT giving a crap about anyone looking to rain on his parade. Way to go Brad!

I might actually watch NASCAR again if this trend continues.
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

Beatrice (NE) Spring Nationals March 9-10 (weather permitting)
IMCA @ Tri City Speedway starting April 20th
Boone Supernationals September 4-8

Follow me on Facebook!

#14 User is offline   Voice Over Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:to preserve the history of auto racing on the short tracks and write a column or two and announce

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Went into the Michigan Motorsports hall of Fame (2004) same year the Keselowski Family went in and it is a great honor and feels even more special now. Watched ESPN Sportscenter this afternoon, Brad was in studio live and said that his crew took his big glass away after about 3. The honesty was very refreshing, Hell ya! See Ya!

#15 User is offline   BYRDRACERS Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postracer72, on 20 November 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

Have you ever complained about nascar interviews being too politically correct? For anyone who has, this is your chance to jump for joy that this interview wasn't pc. I'm pretty sure Brad had driven enough already for the day and could afford a designated driver. us Americans are so used to having to play devil's advocate that we always have to find someting to compitch about. I see his honesty and drunkeness as a non-issue. He didn't get in trouble with the law like the busch bros. Enjoy it. Get over it and move on. :violin:/>/>

Traffic Violation-we all have had that. Good year Brad. U well make a good CHAMP....

#16 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Postracer72, on 19 November 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

We finally saw somebody real not Edwards the modern version of Eddie Haskell
Bob Kaul
2018Track Count
Tri City 7
Birch Run 1
Crystal 1
Merritt 1
Whittemore 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#17 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

The only good thing about NASCAR is that a Michigan guy is the champion! Goes to show that Michigan produces some of the best racers around!
Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

#18 User is offline   mrvids Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

The beer glass paled when compared to the champagne bottle he was toting around when Shannon Spake(sp) interviewed him. Brad already drove over 400 miles Sunday, I'm sure someone else drove him home...or he just partied with his crew all night.
2004 MSTRC Yahoo NASCAR Fantasy Champion 2004-05 MSTRC Yahoo Fantasy Football Champion.
2009-10 MSTRC BCS Bowl Pick'em Champion

#19 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I was really pissed when I listened to local radio stations on the way in to work this morning. They hardly said anything about Brad winning the championship. He won the NasCar Championship, For Michigan Native Roger Penske, IN a Dodge which are still housed in and around the Detroit area! These local radio ASSHOLES only talked about the piece of over paid crap lions and how they lost again yesterday, just like they talked about the over paid tigers loosing the world series a month ago. Get your head out of your asses Detroit area sports castors. This is a Michigan born and raised kid, driving for a Michigan multi million dollar bussiness owner, driving for a Michigan based car co. CONGRADULATIONS Brad! You made all of us Michigan racers dam proud! So you drink your Miller Lite, party your ass off, go to the Nascar Banquet and say what you really feel up there on that podium, and then come back next year in another Michgan based car company product and hand them all there asses again! Man I got a head ache I need a beer.

#20 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostDouble D, on 19 November 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

I was really pissed when I listened to local radio stations on the way in to work this morning. They hardly said anything about Brad winning the championship. He won the NasCar Championship, For Michigan Native Roger Penske, IN a Dodge which are still housed in and around the Detroit area! These local radio ASSHOLES only talked about the piece of over paid crap lions and how they lost again yesterday, just like they talked about the over paid tigers loosing the world series a month ago. Get your head out of your asses Detroit area sports castors. This is a Michigan born and raised kid, driving for a Michigan multi million dollar bussiness owner, driving for a Michigan based car co. CONGRADULATIONS Brad! You made all of us Michigan racers dam proud! So you drink your Miller Lite, party your ass off, go to the Nascar Banquet and say what you really feel up there on that podium, and then come back next year in another Michgan based car company product and hand them all there asses again! Man I got a head ache I need a beer.

My feeling excatly and if you don't beleve me go WNEM TV 5's face book page i gave them my opinion on ther lack of coverage and am gettibg lotts of support this is a story weather the cover racing or not
Bob Kaul
2018Track Count
Tri City 7
Birch Run 1
Crystal 1
Merritt 1
Whittemore 1
[color="#00FF00"]