• You cannot reply to this topic

IMCA Karma at work

#1 User is offline   governor Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

Heard that IMCA has good record keeping or a good memory for those who bucked the system years ago. Now if you want to play you must now pay.

Gov
A Passion for Modified Racing

#2 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

I gave up motors but not to jane,she was 3rd in line for it and her kid needed a motor for his street stock and wasn't gettng mine. It was just practice till I got up to speed for the ump mods. Tar racing sucks and is dying slowly. I hope ya'all enjoy dying slowly and very expensively. What a joke the tar is now days. Wanna race? Get dirty and do it cheaply.

I caught you and won the championship even with all the cheating in your favor didn't I dan,and gave up my motor with 20 laps on it to your flunkie group. Remember? It was in the junk yard on saturday and I won the championship from 12th place to catch you on the pole I think to win by 4 points....We qualified on championship night so you could sandbag and start up front and try to get those 4 points but I sat out the heat and practice cause my motor was fresh scrap and caught you and won,and gave up that scrap. Nice coat I still have,went to IMCA for banquet and met all those arrogant people. Joining the communist party is the same as imca.

I would expect they will steal my $115 dollars cause that is how they are. The track will probably steal my 15th place money too. ALL good if they need it. I -96 tonight for me. 3 dirty tracks in 3 weeks. The fun is back for me,dump those tar cars and enjoy going to the track again.

It sure is nice having a full stands to race for and lots of my home town people there,60 miles away from Owosso.

#3 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

Dick I hope you don't go into UMP thinking it is going to be the same cost as IMCA,, because it isn't. You will need a lot more tires and a hell of a lot more motor (unless you are just going to have fun and run laps) because I know a lot of even the local guys have 10-15K in motors.. even the guys that run crates are cheating them up something fierce.. Then if you do any traveling at all and run into the likes of a Schrader or Wallace that have TRD backing with multiple power plants that run in the 25K range, your IMCA budget goes out the window at the pit gates because that is about the only thing that is the same. I know a great local dirt sprint car driver that is making the dive back into stuff with doors and would make a great UMP wheel man but doesn't want to put as much into a UMP front runner as is in a sprint motor.. good luck and welcome to the dirty side.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#4 User is offline   OvalRacer Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing and Golf!

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

What I find interesting and funny is some of the people on here who are now racing dirt at an IMCA track have nothing but good things to say when in the past they couldn't say anything good about them. Because at the time asphalt was the class to be in. Nonetheless the same argument holds true here in Minnesota between IMCA and Wissota. At the end of the day race where you want with who you want. Just be thankful we have tracks and sanctioning bodies to participate with. On a side note, The biggest class in our area is the UMSS traditional sprint series, non-wing. In it's 5th year they are getting 24 to 20 cars starting a feature. Some nights running 20 or 25 laps with no cautions and not lapping a single car. Racing is good clean and affordable. Hit up youtube and see for yourself.

#5 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

Chad,, it is nice to see you are still alive.. I have a customer that races that series and says it is growing fast and he is having a ball.. and has run LM for years.. There is also a sprint group out there that is running the LS crate type motor and is really growing as well.. Glad to see you are still going in circles.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#6 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:12 AM

View PostOvalRacer, on 17 July 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

What I find interesting and funny is some of the people on here who are now racing dirt at an IMCA track have nothing but good things to say when in the past they couldn't say anything good about them. Because at the time asphalt was the class to be in.

I'll be the first to admit that is me. Its a different time and a different place though. IMCA wasnt doing us any favors on the tar back then.

I wasnt at the track the night of the claim that Jane put against Dick, but I heard it from Dan Bailey the next morning. I thought it was a pretty bad deal from the beginning, many parties involved, none of them completely innocent. While I praise IMCA for their ability to stick to their guns for 20years, I'm sorry for Dick that he doesnt get to race what I think is the best track in the state, TCMS. I've run every dirt track in the lower penninsula, and I'm pretty critical. TCMS isnt perfect, but its damn close, IMCA is part of that equation.

I'm super happy to be racing for the cost of a dirt mod with a claimer motor. Even some of the UMP tracks are following suit running IMCA rules. My $1400 craigslist motors seem to be doing just fine... for less than the cost of roller lifters and machine work in an UMP or tar motor.

KCCO
Keep Calm and Claim On
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

IMCA @ Tri City Speedway August 31st
Boone Supernationals September 4-8
Crystal Motor Speedway Sept 15-16
I-96 Speedway Sept 22-23
Outlaw Speedway (Dundee, NY) October 19-20

Follow @highinthedirt on Twitter and Instagram!

Follow me on Facebook!

#7 User is offline   mod11 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Can't you just pay a fine to be reinstated?You would think in today's time they would want all cars available!

#8 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Icon

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

View Postmod11, on 18 July 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Can't you just pay a fine to be reinstated?You would think in today's time they would want all cars available!

In "today's time" IMCA has the best car counts of anyone... and having real rules and using them is part of the reason.
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

IMCA @ Tri City Speedway August 31st
Boone Supernationals September 4-8
Crystal Motor Speedway Sept 15-16
I-96 Speedway Sept 22-23
Outlaw Speedway (Dundee, NY) October 19-20

Follow @highinthedirt on Twitter and Instagram!

Follow me on Facebook!

#9 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

Seems like there is justification for an appeal of the Jane claim since so many people remember it.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#10 User is offline   mod11 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostGavinHunyady187, on 18 July 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

In "today's time" IMCA has the best car counts of anyone... and having real rules and using them is part of the reason.

I understand that part Gavin but i thought if you payed your fine you could get reinstated or whatever.I was a greenhorn in the mods when all this went down but remember people having to pay fines for certain actions.Long time ago though....

#11 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:44 PM

View Postmod11, on 20 July 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

I understand that part Gavin but i thought if you payed your fine you could get reinstated or whatever.I was a greenhorn in the mods when all this went down but remember people having to pay fines for certain actions.Long time ago though....

Don't know all the details, but I believe that you can refuse 2 claims (each having a reinstatement fine and short suspension) on the 3rd refusal you get a permanent ban.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#12 User is offline   dirttalker Icon

• Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Golf, 80's Music, Broadcasting

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

CLAIM REFUSAL

1. Refusal to sell any claimable item forfeits all cash, trophies and contingencies for feature
and all IMCA points in all claim divisions for calendar year.

2. Any driver refusing a claim, when claimed within rules, regardless of reinstatement with IMCA,
loses right to claim any other IMCA driver for 12 calendar months from reinstatement date.

3. First refusal will also result in driver being suspended for 30 calendar days from IMCA events
in all claim divisions from refusal date and until proper cash fine is paid to IMCA. Second refusal
will result in driver being suspended from IMCA events for one year from refusal date and until
$5,000 cash fine is paid to IMCA. Third refusal is permanent suspension from IMCA.
"Shut Up, Roger!!"

Announcer
Crystal Motor Speedway
Tri-City Motor Speedway

Twitter: www.twitter.com/shutuproger

In case of emergency, close mouth.

#13 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

So then unless it is more than 2 refusals all one would have to do was pay the fines and go back to racing with what use to be the greatest thing on earth. Or appeal the old rulings if one thought they were unjust.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#14 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

I gave up motors but not to a promoter who does not auction them off like was called for. I heard some sweet sounding claimers and I am sure they will surrender them. It seems to me that some one paying so much for a crate and then never being inspected after several wins and no claim rule applies is not good. I never spend as much on a motor as the crate costs but mine is claimable even when MUCH cheaper than the box motor. After a certain number of feature wins the track should send the motor for inspection at the certified shop who does it.

I probably will convert my tar car to dirt,much more fun and less b-s. Seems strange that the tar cars need to keep up with technology at great expense and lots of new tires and dirt still has the old rules mostly. My old car is NOT outdated on dirt. Like some say it should be out dated and we should PROGRESS right of of business.

Hows that tar series doing with the cancellations because the show is just to costly and draws few spectators. Priced ur self right of of all the fun......Who's the smart one now? The future is clear on tar cars,death is close at hand.

Dirt still has 20 laps,not 30 or 50 or 75. That would help tar babies save money but it will never go back. Less fuel and less tires wear and less up keep and shorted nights. Some smart guy slowly stretched out the show to 50 laps with no extra pay and put one more nail in the coffin of tar tracks.

Tracks would rather have a demo show and pay them little and get more people in the stands than a boring start fast time on the pole race. Pull the plug and buy some clay and lets have fun again.

It would seem that everywhere I go there is ONE big assh*le who knows all and I met him at i-96 friday. Pushy mouthy advice giving dumb a$$ who had his neon puke out but still has advice and rudeness for me and my crew. He was waving a club around at the single drive leaving the track,we asked the track people to chase him off and they said avoid him so I broke off my broom stick and stood in the back of the truck leaving,he can go around me but he wasn't so brave when we got near him,,,,,THE rule everywhere seem sot be to bow down to the bully and go around him...NOPE I said I am going thru him and it is going to be ugly. BUTT he just stared as we went by. It was him and me and no one to break it up.....ONLY ass I have met so far. All in a days fun.....

#15 User is offline   OvalRacer Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing and Golf!

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Kevin 05 who is your customer that races that series. I work on one of the teams and have been going to all the races in that series since it started. That LS motor is part of this series and certainly has been a hot topic.

#16 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

Outlaw Race Parts.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#17 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

I got a full rights IMCA license with no restrictions in the mail and a letter for the tracks. Karma will get ya. Good or bad. If you stand up for the right thing to do and do it,it may come back around to you later. But even if not you still have to do what is right. Penalties do apply even if you are right.

#18 User is offline   mod11 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:26 AM

tricity fri?

#19 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

Yup, almost ready.

#20 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

I really don't care about all this, but it seems like people could move on to dirt without trashing something they supported for so many years.

My car is 14 years old, Never once have I thought it was outdated. Still isn't.

Dirt looks fun, go ahead and do it. But maybe quit degrading those who continue to enjoy the challenges of asphalt.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users