• You cannot reply to this topic

IMCA Karma at work

#41 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostDan Bailey, on 31 July 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

They say the memory is the first thing to go , it sounds like some of us have gotten real old . its funny to see someone put they're spin on history. i see two different incidents twisted into one that suits the people telling the story . PLEASE don,t drop names when your not sure the person agrees .Please

If there is confusion about what I said, I did not imply your opinion, only that I heard the story from you...

The rest is my take, and I'll clarify in case I have it wrong. I recall the story involving a 2nd Maurer car (311) and Marv Bacon (or Chris maybe) racing for last to win the claim on the 911, and a promoter claim coming out. I think all 3 parties (Maurer, Bacon, Setterington) were not playing within the intent of the rules and it reached an unfortunate ending for all on and off the track.

I was glad I got to mix it up for a lap or 2 with the old 911 a few weeks ago, that was really pretty cool for me since that guy has been in the sport for so long. Just like my second week back in a mod I got to race side-by-side with Toby Steele for 6laps, someday I hope I'm able to be that old guy racing every Friday night even if its just the wife and I.
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

IMCA @ Tri City Speedway starting April 20th
IMCA @ Silver Bullet Speedway most Saturdays Starting May 5th
Boone Supernationals September 4-8

Follow @highinthedirt on Twitter and Instagram!

Follow me on Facebook!

#42 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

BUTT, Marv was a seasoned racer and my bro was a rookie,never raced anything rookie. As soon as I passed Marv for the lead he flopped around and spun and went to the rear. He bashed my bro who was slow as a rookie but made the show,well a feud got going there and they bashed each other till the end,I was trying to lap them both so it would be pointless but Wayne,my bro, had first claim and marv second but jane came out and wanted my motor(marv's old motor I claimed) that I won many many features with. I figured it was a gonner so I held it on the wood for the cool off lap and coasted in the victory lane and the line formed. I claimed it first(from marv) cause I was pissed off because he broke my front teeth when he hit me at A-C,when I wasn't looking I might add. I am going to get my 5th set of new ones next week and have spend many thousands keeping them up for 25 years now. I have it on video if no one believes it. He hit Mike Luckhurst also because he was changing my tire after a spin with me and marv. He thought he was my crew. SO jane says she wants it and marv and Wayne were screwed. I called IMCA and asked if he was allowed to claim my motor and they said if he had a license and was there with cash,YES. So he had first,marv second and jane already had bought motors for her sons car already,NO auction like the rules state with cash going into prize fund. I never got paid for winning,3rd time, so I quit imca.

#43 User is offline   Dan Bailey Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

I'm sure you believe thats exactly how it went down , I remember things a little different,not much but then I've definately gotten older. it's probably my memory thats bad.

#44 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:48 AM

The 911 dirt car made the show today at palo by winning a heat race...Brad Roberts driving..he raced with ump mods and did well in the Saturday night special..a claimer motor against 740 horse motor...after 10 laps they were not nearly as far ahead as I figured...Larry Wallace power...maurer set up and car with roberts pushing the pedals....race starts early afternoon...see how big power does in traffic. Got a win pic anyway....karma? Works just fine Dan ...how bout you? The b and c features had almost full fields.. nice people and some very helpful respectful race rug rats too. Always nice to see.

#45 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

Attached File  corn fest 2.jpg (307.21K)
Number of downloads: 67

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users