• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Springport

#21 User is offline   Gary Pelky Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:09 PM

Owosso should look at the big picture with springport not running and who noses what auto city and dixie are doing they may have a good year we are planning running there

#22 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

OH NO, claimer motors will take care of the big bucks. How can you bad mouth that IF ITS WHAT WE CAN AFFORD WITH OUT GIVING UP GROCERIES. It seems like tar changed into a money pit long ago and some cannot change back. I do not need 750 ponies in an IMCA car on a short track,if someone wants to bring theirs I will be happy to relieve them of it for a few bucks. Since the spend a grand to win a hundred crowd is gone and everyone appreciates the low cost more fun style of racing on dirt I think it will be fine long after the tar guys are broke and quitting. Like they been doing for many years. Now that is about the only guys left on the track on tar are the better funded teams. Butt if you want to waste a set of tires every time you pull out on the track go ahead. Maybe the stands being packed most nights at dirt tracks is a clue.

I would sell my tar car if it was worth anything since I do not forsee tar tracks fixing the tire changing schenigans because it is profitable.....

#23 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

View Postmod911, on 26 November 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

OH NO, claimer motors will take care of the big bucks. How can you bad mouth that IF ITS WHAT WE CAN AFFORD WITH OUT GIVING UP GROCERIES. It seems like tar changed into a money pit long ago and some cannot change back. I do not need 750 ponies in an IMCA car on a short track,if someone wants to bring theirs I will be happy to relieve them of it for a few bucks. Since the spend a grand to win a hundred crowd is gone and everyone appreciates the low cost more fun style of racing on dirt I think it will be fine long after the tar guys are broke and quitting. Like they been doing for many years. Now that is about the only guys left on the track on tar are the better funded teams. Butt if you want to waste a set of tires every time you pull out on the track go ahead. Maybe the stands being packed most nights at dirt tracks is a clue.

I would sell my tar car if it was worth anything since I do not forsee tar tracks fixing the tire changing schenigans because it is profitable.....

I didn't bad mouth dirt racing. I'm growing weary of every insightful thread on here turning into "put dirt on it and people will come" :bs: . Racing is expensive, period. I have PLM now, because I was presented a fair trade for my sportsman/street stock. I don't have 750 horse engine for it, but I purchased the engine I have from a former mod racer, who did well with it. Pretty soon the expensive shocks will make it to the dirt mods, and out price everyone (see dirt supers, mods already look similar to them). A popular mistake often made regarding all racing, is the need for huge HP engines, well it is my opinion that sh$ttier, harder, longer lasting tires would be the perfect solution to these big motors. Either way, you have to hook it up, a small tire can only take so much. I've beaten, and will beat more, guys with much more motor than me, and bigger wallets too...on basically the same budget I ran my street stock with. Also my fridge and cupboards are always full :wink:
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users