Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Tire Test @ Springport - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tire Test @ Springport New Hoosier D800

#21 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

NO f**k head,I am always happy as can be. Its just putting up with stupid jerks that f-ed my affordable sport up so they could try to buy a win or championship since skill cannot get the job done. Funny isn't it,that when poor people get sponsors they immediately try to buy a race. Well some of us do not like it,and will never shut up. If you think that is fine you can travel around and race with others who feel the same. BUT when you wanna come home and race with the regular mods on saturday you can go by their rules NOT the ones made up to suit a few who think it makes them important or loved or something like that.

I bet you expect everyone to go along with a no ride height rule when the assholes are in town too right? You are so famous and talented the rest of the race world should bow down or just stay home when the famous wanna be's are in town? Go by your rules or not race at our home track is fine with you right? We shall see about that. Maybe the clowns at the little "o" will go along as usual.

If your test cannot pass a STANDARD test for how it was completed and judged then it was a cluster-f for those who want to force their results onto everyone else. IF it was properly done with observers who only want the correct results and not have non scientific results stuck up their asses. HOW about if I conduct some test of my own with my friends and force it up YOUR ass and see how you like it then.

I would like to see the qualifications of those who conducted the tests,what makes their methods and judgements accurate enough to force other too accept them,cause YOU feel good about the results and it's what YOU want anyway so bending the truth and outright deception to get the results you want?

Its was a bullshit session is all it was,no scrutiny or questions allowed huh? Must be democarps and think we should hug muslims terrorists to keep them from cutting our heads off......its you that wreck the sport not me.

like I said,if it cannot stand up to scrutiny and standard methods and practices it is a home made recipe for shit you wanna feed me. My chemistry professor would have laughed you out of the class room fool. Maybe try late night preaching,its close to the truth content. I am available to discuss the testing methods or anything else necessary. No wonder you guys are called TAR BABIES, cause you cry how special you are and how you cannot be wrong or questioned......f*** off a$hole.

#22 User is offline   ICAR Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:10 PM

Please don't attack me (dave) the tour and the racers. When I purchased ICAR I was not going to run it. I was going to sell it off piece by piece. Then I got a call and we talked for over a hour and no it was not Dan it was a Michigan track owner telling me how important it is to keep the modified tour going. The main expense is tires, after 40 laps at Winchester I know that it was the tire ICAR would run, ICAR is not in the tire business its in the race business. Not all mod racers race with us and that ok I have never ask a racer to come race with us but if they do the door is always open and when ICAR comes to your home track you can take the night off or take the wife out for dinner( she might love it) or you can run a great night of racing or you can sit in the grandstands. Dick when you ran with ICAR you was treated with respect just like everybody that races with me , as you call it tar cars you must still love the tar side of it with all I read, I know people would love to go back in the old days but we can't. everyday we are making memories for all the young people that are stating out we as old racers we need to sit back and keep all the memories we have. Dick I hope you enjoy the dirt side I know I do but if you come back the door is always open.

#23 User is offline   Trevor 84H Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members
  • Interests:Circle track racing

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:04 PM

So, what are the tracks in Michigan switching to this tire?

#24 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

Seems like a win/win from what I've read about it. Would help Late Model costs too.
ICAR is switching to this tire and also, I think, implementing a two tire rule from what I've heard.
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

#25 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

Berlin says they are following Top Speed rules but waiting to confirm that the D800 tire will also be the tire of choice. From what I'm told there are other mod tracks in MI also looking at the tire and they have been in contact with Hoosier. It sounds like a cpl tracks could be pivotal as to who else makes the change. Several OH and IN mod tracks are also making the switch to the D800 tire.

Just to point out Top Speed (and I know some don't care) will be going back to a 2 tire rule as from the multiple on track testing sessions and a live race event at Winchester, which is death on tires showed them enough reduced wear and repeatably that Dave felt he had seen enough reason to make the change. Dave who owns Top Speed also promotes Baer Field Speedway and Mods and the Late Models will both be on that same tire, which have both tested the tire with positive results.

It was no secret that not many racers were happy with the tires that some tracks used the last cpl of years so it appears a switch in coming, just not sure yet which direction they will be going.

There are also a cpl of pavement tracks that are looking at offering E85 and may have an incentive to run that fuel. Some are not happy with the price of race fuel and are looking at other ways to control their race budgets. I have been running E85 and next year will be my 6th year of on that cost saving fuel.

Gov
A Passion for Modified Racing

#26 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

I hope Auto City and Owosso are listening....
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

#27 User is offline   RowZ Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

As soon as Baer Field gets thru three or four nights on these D800's, then the world will know pretty quick how these tires are behaving after multiple nights.

Then I would expect the D800's to proliferate out from there to other speedways fairly fast because we will all be screaming for them.

-Brian

#28 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:03 PM

I haven't heard about any 2 tire rule from anyone who is officially involved in Top Speed.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#29 User is offline   governor Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

View PostMaddMike, on 21 December 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

I haven't heard about any 2 tire rule from anyone who is officially involved in Top Speed.

Just wanted to put that out there.

Mike

Go to their fb page, dave posted, plus no ride height other than if you hit his scales you are DQ.

Gov
A Passion for Modified Racing

#30 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:10 AM

Dave didn't post anything at all about a 2 tire rule. Not anywhere.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Give it a whirl.

#31 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 01:22 PM

Ok, after some thought, here are my concerns about the new tire being pushed to every track in the free world so quickly....Nobody should get upset that I'm pointing these out, just listing them as potential flaws in the test process. I am not against this new tire, it actually sounds like a good deal.

#1- the new tires used were only used on one test day. They never would have had a chance to fully cool down and cure during that day of intensive testing. the Hoosier 970 repeats pretty well if all the testing is done on the same day....This issue is seemingly offset, however, by running a used set that had survived Winchester...so although not scientifically "proper"...there is still info about week to week repeat-ability...

#2- I still don't trust race tire companies....Every time we get a "new" tire, or "new" compound, it works great while they convince us that we need it, and then it goes to crap when they realize they aren't selling enough of them. I think they manipulate the compound deliberately. The tire Manufacturer does NOT want you to have a long lasting tire, they want you to buy 2 dozen for every race. SO, with THIS new tire...who is going to monitor the chemical properties? Will there be oversight from Continental to keep Hoosier honest?

Mike

Give it a whirl.

#32 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:13 PM

How dare I EVER question or comment on anything Dan says? Don't I know by now that he has the final word, and he is in charge of everything?

Something I said here prompted him to send me a nasty PM on FB.

Is it not ok to point out when things he posts are non-factual?

SMH

Mike

Give it a whirl.

#33 User is offline   fastforward Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostMaddMike, on 22 December 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

How dare I EVER question or comment on anything Dan says? Don't I know by now that he has the final word, and he is in charge of everything?

Something I said here prompted him to send me a nasty PM on FB.

Is it not ok to point out when things he posts are non-factual?

SMH

Mike

Let me get this right...Mod 911 gets kicked off this board and "governor" gets to continue on?? This board will be all but dead now, especially if you don't agree with his opinion or views.

#34 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:12 PM

Yep. I tried for a long time to be a balance...to be a level headed contributor. It's impossible to do, as it seems like thinking on your own is frowned upon these days by a lot of people. Dan really actually thinks he has a title instead of a sarcastic nickname given to him because he can't mind his own business.

I'm sorry to all that have to read this crap, but I don't deserve to be chastised for pointing out that he is wrong.

Dan-
Either buy your own series or STFU and drive.

Sincerely,
Mike

Give it a whirl.

#35 User is offline   Drake Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:01 AM

I spoke with Mr. Dave Muzzillo last week. I asked about the two tire rule and was told that it would not be happening for various reasons. However he did say he has the feeling that you will really only need to buy two tires per night to be competitive.

So in 2016 there will be NO two tire rule according to a verbal conversation with Dave.
Kyle Drake

#36 User is offline   BIGcheater Icon

• Icon

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostMaddMike, on 23 December 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

Yep. I tried for a long time to be a balance...to be a level headed contributor. It's impossible to do, as it seems like thinking on your own is frowned upon these days by a lot of people. Dan really actually thinks he has a title instead of a sarcastic nickname given to him because he can't mind his own business.

I'm sorry to all that have to read this crap, but I don't deserve to be chastised for pointing out that he is wrong.

Dan-
Either buy your own series or STFU and drive.

Sincerely,
Mike

Exactly my point when it was announced that Dick was booted. It was only pointed out that "dirt guys" were commenting in asphalt posts. Last car I drove 2 years ago, pavement mod. Last car I drove that I owned pavement mod. But because I currently own a dirt car, and 2 others commented here own dirt cars they were called to question, yet also both former pavement mod owners. Hmm where have all your pavement guys gone? I will someday likely own a pavement mod again, I watch these posts with interest even if some don't feel other opinions matter. Glad you shared Mike.
Roger Flickinger

BIGcheater Motorsports Dirt Street Stock

#37 User is offline   Mopar93 Icon

• Maurice Randall
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Automobiles, computers.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

Personally, I think Dick should be allowed back now. OK, he's been given some time off. He was told to load up and go home. It's probably not the first time he's been told to load up and go home. But, after having to sit out a few nights, let him run (his mouth) again.

OK, now let's see a show of hands for all of those who DO NOT read Dick's posts. ...PAUSE... I don't see any hands.

I think everyone is getting bored.

-Maurice
A good part of racing is all the friends you create.
A sad part of racing is all the enemies you create.

#38 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostMopar93, on 23 December 2015 - 08:36 PM, said:

Personally, I think Dick should be allowed back now. OK, he's been given some time off. He was told to load up and go home. It's probably not the first time he's been told to load up and go home. But, after having to sit out a few nights, let him run (his mouth) again.

OK, now let's see a show of hands for all of those who DO NOT read Dick's posts. ...PAUSE... I don't see any hands.

I think everyone is getting bored.

-Maurice

I like reading Dick's posts. Even when he does not agree with me. Anyone that pays close enough attention stands to learn from him. He's on our side no matter how he comes across.

Mike

Give it a whirl.

#39 User is offline   fastforward Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

View PostMaddMike, on 23 December 2015 - 10:43 PM, said:

I like reading Dick's posts. Even when he does not agree with me. Anyone that pays close enough attention stands to learn from him. He's on our side no matter how he comes across.

Mike

I wouldnt know mod911 if he were standing in front of me, but I know that when he posts on here he is passionate about racing and he tells it like it is... Holds no punches. Unfortunately, the truth hurts and there are some people that will never like to hear the truth or be challenged.

I respect the mans opinion and his years of experience.

#40 User is offline   racer6 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

I too value 911's opinions and experience. I see he can ruffle some members feathers. So get over it and let him back on the forum.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users