Michigan Short Track Racing Club: 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra Gas gauge

#1 User is offline   needforlatemodelspeed Icon

• King Of Kings
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Dirt Track Racing and Snowmobiling

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

The needle on the gas gauge is spun all the way around under the peg. As far as we know it doesn't work. My dad just bought the car. The low fuel light does work. Is there a fuse that runs the needle??? We looked in the manual but didn't see anything.
2006/2008 Crystal Motor Speedway Pro Truck Track Champions

#40 Pro Truck "Crystal Crippler"

Blood, Sweat and Bent Equipment

#2 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

some of them had an issue that created that when the battery was disconnected/reconnected, or something along those lines. I'm sure the cluster could be sent out, but I am also sure you can get in there and simply flip it back around. It never happened to one I worked on, so I don't know the full specifics as to what causes it or if there is an update to prevent it.

Before that, though, you should test the fuel sender circuit and make sure it isn't shorted or something. The fuel level senders go bad, but an open sender wont go all the way around like that... maybe if it was somehow shorted to 12v, it might, but I would suspect that it just got hit by a current spike from something like the battery being disconnected or re-connected with the ignition key on. Always take the key out first.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#3 User is offline   needforlatemodelspeed Icon

• King Of Kings
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

It's kind of a mystery car. The battery was junk, we jump started, then it quit going down the road. But the motor was junk also. We put a new battery and drove it as far as we could. It's the 3800 with the supercharger and that wasn't hooked up. My dad just had a motor put in it and come to find out whoever had it before didn't even have the correct motor in it.

#4 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:25 AM

Sounds like a fun puzzle. Now that I think back, a lot of techs actually caused that issue with the guage by hooking up a battery charger or jump starting or connecting the battery with the key on. So the needle would magnetically center, but 180 degrees off.
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#5 User is offline   mod11 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

You can pull the cluster buy yourself and pull the front off of it,the needle gets stuck past the pin,easy fix without sending out.

#6 User is offline   needforlatemodelspeed Icon

• King Of Kings
  • Icon

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Another question. Any idea what fuse runs the drivers side heated seat on a 2001 Park Avenue??? The book only list what fuse runs the passenger side. It has a 12v outlet on the bottom right corner of the drivers seat. That works along with all the power adjustments on the seat.

#7 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

Drill a very small hole in the face and stick a wire in there and flip it over the peg.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users