Michigan Short Track Racing Club: ICAR Mods Baer Field Scanner Frequencies - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ICAR Mods Baer Field Scanner Frequencies

#1 User is offline   Mac Icon

  • Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 117
  • Joined: 22-May 07

Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

The scanner frequency lists for the ICAR Modified All Star Tour and the Baer Field Late Models have been posted on my new website www.greatlakesfrequencies.com. So if you are looking for the old site it doesn't exist anymore. The lists are the POSSIBLE drivers for each division. Hopefully down the road the series will develop solid pre-entry lists so please give them a little time will to get things worked out. The lists at Baer Field will be available free of charge at the souvenir tables behind the main grandstand. Still can't beat the price.
However blank check donations would be more than welcome. Enjoy the races. L McMurray
0

#2 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

  • Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Posts: 1,443
  • Joined: --
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dorr Mi.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

Question,, did they run this show over the weekend ?? Can't find any info anywhere as to yes,no, maybe, if someone won or if Ma nature made it two in a row for the tour shows..Not sure about the East side weather for Dixie, but the west side looks like maybe another weekend off.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise
0

#3 User is offline   Mac Icon

  • Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 117
  • Joined: 22-May 07

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:49 PM

View PostKevin 05, on 24 April 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

Question,, did they run this show over the weekend ?? Can't find any info anywhere as to yes,no, maybe, if someone won or if Ma nature made it two in a row for the tour shows..Not sure about the East side weather for Dixie, but the west side looks like maybe another weekend off.


The ICAR Mod show was run Saturday afternoon starting roughly at 4:30. All the info is on their facebook page https://www.facebook...difieds/posts/. Tyler Perry is the contact person and I'm sure he would be happy to get in touch with you. Right now the Facebook page is your best source for info. The new website is still a work in progress.
They had a field of 24 mods for a 100 lap feature broken down in 2 50 lap segments. The first 50 was kind of ragged so after the break the officials decided to trim the 2nd segment down to 30 laps. Naturally the 2nd segment went very smooth. Hope that helps you out. L McMurray
0

#4 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

  • Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Posts: 1,443
  • Joined: --
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dorr Mi.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

To bad that Dave and company have taken the route of many others and only use Facebook..But thanks for the update..Sounds like they had a decent car count,was it mostly local (Ft.Wayne area) guys?? Sure glad Berlin still uses there website for updates.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise
0

#5 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

  • Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 336
  • Joined: 04-October 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dearborn

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

Not sure why we should have to contact their webmaster, but thanks Mac.

Baer Field has no updates on their webpage.
ICAR page does not have any updates.
The facebook link on the ICAR page does not work.
If you google ICAR All Star Modified Tour Facebook or ICAR Modified facebook it does not even show up on the first page of search results.

(Sidebar - I did finally look at the results - it appears the 2nd segment was shortened due to it not being light enough out?)
0

#6 User is offline   Mac Icon

  • Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 117
  • Joined: 22-May 07

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

View Postfastbackss, on 24 April 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

Not sure why we should have to contact their webmaster, but thanks Mac.

Baer Field has no updates on their webpage.
ICAR page does not have any updates.
The facebook link on the ICAR page does not work.
If you google ICAR All Star Modified Tour Facebook or ICAR Modified facebook it does not even show up on the first page of search results.

(Sidebar - I did finally look at the results - it appears the 2nd segment was shortened due to it not being light enough out?)


Maybe I can clear up some things a bit. I have no idea who the ICAR webmaster is and Tyler Perry is doing the PA for ICAR and is also doing the facebook pages for ICAR. You are correct about no updates on the Baer Field the ICAR Mods website. I assume the Baer Field site will be updated soon. No clue when the Mod site will be working. Just tried the link on the Mod site--very frustrated that it doesn't work. On my post all I did was copy the address for the facebook page and that does work. I've not really heard any real explanation why the 2nd segment was shortened. It certainly was light enough to run the 50 laps. This is my opinion--based on how long the 1st 50 segment took they just wanted to shorten it just in case things went haywire again.

I will bring up the issues you brought up with Tyler when I see him this weekend at Birch Run and hopefully they will be corrected. Hopefully I will be able to report back next week with some new information. L McMurray
0

#7 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

  • Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 336
  • Joined: 04-October 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dearborn

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

View PostMac, on 25 April 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Maybe I can clear up some things a bit. I have no idea who the ICAR webmaster is and Tyler Perry is doing the PA for ICAR and is also doing the facebook pages for ICAR. You are correct about no updates on the Baer Field the ICAR Mods website. I assume the Baer Field site will be updated soon. No clue when the Mod site will be working. Just tried the link on the Mod site--very frustrated that it doesn't work. On my post all I did was copy the address for the facebook page and that does work. I've not really heard any real explanation why the 2nd segment was shortened. It certainly was light enough to run the 50 laps. This is my opinion--based on how long the 1st 50 segment took they just wanted to shorten it just in case things went haywire again.

I will bring up the issues you brought up with Tyler when I see him this weekend at Birch Run and hopefully they will be corrected. Hopefully I will be able to report back next week with some new information. L McMurray


No worries - I wasn't picking on you; I was just speaking generally. I would like to think they are aware of the shortcomings.

Here is what led me to comment about the 2nd segment:

Quote

Jason Timmerman bested the field in the light shortened 80 lap event.

P2 Kyle Purvis
P3 Greg Fullerton
P4 Matt Dimit
P5 Danny Jackson

Full results will be posted tomorrow


Their FB page does have partial entry list for this weekend.
0

#8 User is offline   Gregc1965 Icon

  • Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 05-December 17

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

View Postfastbackss, on 25 April 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

No worries - I wasn't picking on you; I was just speaking generally. I would like to think they are aware of the shortcomings.

Here is what led me to comment about the 2nd segment:



Their FB page does have partial entry list for this weekend.



The lighting in turns 1 & 2 on the half mile are poor. Last fall, their big mod race was also shortened due to dangerous lighting conditions in turn 2.

New poles are set for additional lighting, but the weather has not allowed those upgrades to take place.

It was a very good race. But, having an additional 20 laps in that 2nd segment would have made it even more entertaining.
0

#9 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

  • Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 336
  • Joined: 04-October 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dearborn

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostGregc1965, on 26 April 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

The lighting in turns 1 & 2 on the half mile are poor. Last fall, their big mod race was also shortened due to dangerous lighting conditions in turn 2.

New poles are set for additional lighting, but the weather has not allowed those upgrades to take place.

It was a very good race. But, having an additional 20 laps in that 2nd segment would have made it even more entertaining.



Good deal, appreciate the summary. I like getting the replies from you guys that went.

Any thoughts on how the format was "received" - ? Just curious because it seems peculiar to me to have them leave the track and then come back later. I am not saying it's wrong; I just haven't seen it before (unless it is a race that is scored as two separate features)
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users