Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Stewart and Joey. what do you think??? - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stewart and Joey. what do you think???

#1 User is offline   rap77 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Ok.... Maybe I missed something here but I really cant understand how Tony could be so mad at Joey for that restart.Did he just want him to move up and let him slip by on the inside or what. It looked like a normal restart to me. Maybe I missed something here??????

#2 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postrap77, on 24 March 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Ok.... Maybe I missed something here but I really cant understand how Tony could be so mad at Joey for that restart.Did he just want him to move up and let him slip by on the inside or what. It looked like a normal restart to me. Maybe I missed something here??????

Agree 100% Dick Joey was going for the win and has to stand up for himself or they will eat him alive and Tony has been bitching about people blocking him for years while he has wrecked more cars by blocking than anyone else has in years
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 16
Birch Run 2
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
Owosso 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#3 User is offline   mrvids Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

At what point did Joey toss his water bottle at Stewart? Was Tony going off before that happened, or is that what set him over the edge?
2004 MSTRC Yahoo NASCAR Fantasy Champion 2004-05 MSTRC Yahoo Fantasy Football Champion.
2009-10 MSTRC BCS Bowl Pick'em Champion

#4 User is offline   61SSracer Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:RACING and POKER

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postkaiserfan, on 24 March 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Agree 100% Dick Joey was going for the win and has to stand up for himself or they will eat him alive and Tony has been bitching about people blocking him for years while he has wrecked more cars by blocking than anyone else has in years

I've NEVER understood WHY Any racer at any lever can Bitch about another car in front of them BLOCKING during a race? The object of racing is to Win~NOT to run fast and when another car gets close to you Move to the top or bottom to make it Easier for them to pass you! :ohsnap:/>

Chuck
Race cars are like women ~ you find a GREAT one & you want to Keep it forever, but you're ALWAYS Checking out the other ones around you ! ! SHAGGY

#5 User is offline   racer72 Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

I had to watch the race n the radio again and watching replays on nascar.com is about as clear as watching the radio. Joey explained how shrub was spinning his tires on the restart and how he had to peddle it to keep from beating shrub to the line. that is why stewart got such a jump. I don't blame Lagano for the restart or preventing hamlin from winning. Hamlin had it coming period. I thought it was a little nasty that hamlin apppeared to back off and try to dump lagano in the wall after the contact started and ironic that he ended up taking a wicked hit on the inside wall. call that karma.

Its hypocritical of stewart to criticize how tough lagano is when joey has his crew members around. stewart out weighs lagano by about 50lbs or more. what a risk stewart took by confronting tough guy lagano. they should put stewart on suicide watch for doing something so dangerous.
Bernie explains how to pay for his proposals. https://www.youtube....h?v=5brgT0FWrSM
Gun Control you say? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K13HdTsW_E0
taking the name of the LORD in vain http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8eV0OipvkZE
10-29-12 United States of ALEC http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IyTU9RbOEJo
new 10-25-12 watch and decide who IS THE REAL FRAUD http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gT77qP2Nai8
added 1-22-12 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-AAsQR8I4Es Koch Bros.
http://www.linktv.or...-party#comments
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgBDeb28pe0

Use your own critical thinking skills and decide for yourself
Curt Olar

#6 User is offline   racer72 Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

I gave this a little more thought. Stewart is a %*@^ing bully. Does anyone who follows nascar think that stewart would have went and got in the face of say, Carl Edwards and then got diarihha of the mouth talking about how he wishes it was more like the NHL where they stop the fight when the first guy hits the ground? I wonder who would have hit the ground first in that match up? :popcorn:
Bernie explains how to pay for his proposals. https://www.youtube....h?v=5brgT0FWrSM
Gun Control you say? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K13HdTsW_E0
taking the name of the LORD in vain http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8eV0OipvkZE
10-29-12 United States of ALEC http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IyTU9RbOEJo
new 10-25-12 watch and decide who IS THE REAL FRAUD http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gT77qP2Nai8
added 1-22-12 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-AAsQR8I4Es Koch Bros.
http://www.linktv.or...-party#comments
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgBDeb28pe0

Use your own critical thinking skills and decide for yourself
Curt Olar

#7 User is offline   rj3331 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Lets see what NASCAR actually does this time. Have you noticed the empty seats, especially for the Nationwide races? Maybe it's good for racing or maybe it's just good fo ratings..not sure thats so good..rj :stirthepot:

#8 User is offline   MikeF Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

If you watch the last 20 laps or so of the race you could see Lagano blocking all the time. He didn't just change lanes but was running people all the way down to the apron on the front and back straights. I think drivers should be able to make one move to block and then have to hold that line. They should not be able to continue to run a car into the grass or wall to hold them back. Lagano's excessive blocking should have been addressed by nascar during the race. I don't blame Stewart for going after him. I am just suprised Lagano's crew was out there to back him up. They should have let him fend for himself after driving like that. Lagano's deal with Hamlin at the end was all his fault for overdriving his car and not being able to hold his line. In the end the best driver won the race.

#9 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

Sorry, but I'd be blocking my ass-off to win a cup race too. That isnt a feature race man, it was a friggin CUP race? Hey theres 10 laps to go..pull over and let me go by...LOL, yeah right. That was the best race Lagano has ever driven. I'd like to find a driver who wouldnt over drive it into the LAST turn on the LAST lap for the win with the guy your pissed off at on the outside..please
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

#10 User is offline   dirttalker Icon

• Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Golf, 80's Music, Broadcasting

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

It'll be real interesting how this changes since Hamlin was airlifted to a hospital with back pain. I still think Logano was right to pay Hamlin back, but will NASCAR do something to him since Hamlin got hurt? They dinked around with each other that Kyle ended up winning, I would have done what Logano did too....

This definately changes the Coke commercial's appeal. In the minivan, they all don't get along!!
"Shut Up, Roger!!"

Announcer
Crystal Motor Speedway
Tri-City Motor Speedway

Twitter: www.twitter.com/shutuproger

In case of emergency, close mouth.

#11 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

I'm sorry, but this is typical Tony Stewart. This is nothing new.

He goes off on another driver that does something that you know DAMN well Tony would have done the same thing in that position. It's ok for Tony to block, but don't you dare block the great Tony Stewart.

I have always respected his driving ability, but I have never respected his demeanor, and his attitude toward other drivers.
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#12 User is offline   FanInTheStands Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postrj3331, on 25 March 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Lets see what NASCAR actually does this time. Have you noticed the empty seats, especially for the Nationwide races? Maybe it's good for racing or maybe it's just good fo ratings..not sure thats so good..rj :stirthepot:/>

Empty seats at Bristol? No wonder NASCAR isn't releasing attendance figures this year!

#13 User is offline   russrace Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Russell Racing, started in 1998. Catch us on Facebook under "The Maximum Exposure Tour". Home of NASCAR 2012 Michigan Rookie of the Year Jamison Russell.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostBigEd, on 25 March 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but this is typical Tony Stewart. This is nothing new.

He goes off on another driver that does something that you know DAMN well Tony would have done the same thing in that position. It's ok for Tony to block, but don't you dare block the great Tony Stewart.

I have always respected his driving ability, but I have never respected his demeanor, and his attitude toward other drivers.

Have to agree, Stewart is one of the best raw talents in racing. His problem with "rich kids" isn't getting him anywhere, with the cost of NASCAR racing or any touring race series today rich kids dominate the lineup. If Earnhardt would have blocked him I'd like to see someone threaten to "bust" his ass on National TV. NASCAR ratings have nose dived recently, races are too long, season way to long and empty seats everywhere. They are batting at flies to revive the great National Stock Car Association...I think the fans have lost interest in the Dog/Pony show for the most part. Race the dam cars and settle your issues behind closed doors,not on Twitter or someones live mic.
<a href="http://www.russrace.com" target="_blank">russrace.com</a>

The Maximum Exposure Tour 1999-2010

#14 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:racing

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

View Postrussrace, on 25 March 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Have to agree, Stewart is one of the best raw talents in racing. His problem with "rich kids" isn't getting him anywhere, with the cost of NASCAR racing or any touring race series today rich kids dominate the lineup. If Earnhardt would have blocked him I'd like to see someone threaten to "bust" his ass on National TV. NASCAR ratings have nose dived recently, races are too long, season way to long and empty seats everywhere. They are batting at flies to revive the great National Stock Car Association...I think the fans have lost interest in the Dog/Pony show for the most part. Race the dam cars and settle your issues behind closed doors,not on Twitter or someones live mic.

But he dosn't have a problem with a manufactuer buying him a race team or a sponsor buying a ride for an unquaified drivers for that team I think he's jealous of Lagano Joey skinny Tony hasn't lost the Burger Belly from all those years slaving at Burger King your working mans fast food resturant
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 16
Birch Run 2
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
Owosso 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#15 User is offline   Slowpoke17 Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

At the end of the day, NASCAR got what they wanted, and that is us to "talk" about the "on-track" action on Monday. Let's face it, the stands for the Bristol Cup race were very very empty, I can't remember seeing that before. I predicted yesterday during the race, as it started to become a snoozy race, that a "fantom debris" caution would bunch up the field and give them some "non pit road" racing. At the end of the race, I saw hard racing and bumping, that turned into Hamlin into the RR of Logano and turning him into the fence. I think Stewart was just bringing Logano a late Christmas Card. lol. Thankfully, the local short tracks will be opening soon, and then I will enjoy some "real" racing and not the dog/pony show.

#16 User is offline   rj3331 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostFanInTheStands, on 25 March 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Empty seats at Bristol? No wonder NASCAR isn't releasing attendance figures this year!

The nationwide race at Bristol is the one that really caught my eye. You can't hide empty seats..

#17 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

View Postrj3331, on 25 March 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

The nationwide race at Bristol is the one that really caught my eye. You can't hide empty seats..

Sure can't.

The other thing that you can't do, is try to completly fool a REAL racefan.

That isn't Bristol as WE knew it, and will never be. They (Bruton) LIED to us when they said that they kept the exact measurements of the facility before they went to "progressive" banking,
and IF the fans wanted it back, well, we would get it. The fans SCREAMED they wanted the OLD Bristol back, and the fans didn't get what was PROMISED to them!!!! Grinding off the top groove isn't bringing the OLD Bristol back. The empty seats speak for themselves.

I'm not sayng the racing there is now BAD. I AM saying that it is NOT the same as it was before the new banking. And this old school old man don't like it!!
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#18 User is offline   rap77 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostjhaydenX, on 25 March 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Sorry, but I'd be blocking my ass-off to win a cup race too. That isnt a feature race man, it was a friggin CUP race? Hey theres 10 laps to go..pull over and let me go by...LOL, yeah right. That was the best race Lagano has ever driven. I'd like to find a driver who wouldnt over drive it into the LAST turn on the LAST lap for the win with the guy your pissed off at on the outside..please

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Totally agree 100% ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#19 User is offline   fastforward Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Does Tony Stewart not remember Talladega last fall?? He only wrecked all the leaders while trying to BLOCK for the win.

#20 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postfastforward, on 25 March 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Does Tony Stewart not remember Talladega last fall?? He only wrecked all the leaders while trying to BLOCK for the win.

To bad Emanual Stewart died. If he was hear he could show Skinny Joey how to use thos long armslike he showed the Motor City hit man a long time ago. Give the kid some direction and he could get 15 hits in on the Fat man before he could raise a fat arm. The kid aint doing anything you wouldnt have done if your Daddy had been rich. And tell us Tony how did that block make you end up 22nd?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users