Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Springport promoters to retire - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Springport promoters to retire

#1 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

From Jeff Parishs fackbook page

I've made the very personal decision to step away from race promoting. It has come time for me to retire. It's not a decision that I have taken lightly or made in haste. 10 years in this side of this business is a lifetime. I got in the business to try and make a difference. I feel like myself and Pam have been able to accomplish that on many levels. I added it up the other day and I've officiated 1100 races and met thousands of racers. Many I'd call some of the best people in our lives. I've had the honor of working with outstanding people in the industry. I've also had the honor of working with some wonderful partners. The good that has come has been the result of countless caring people. The bad experiences will rest with me. I've been ultimately responsible for decisions, so I'll take the good with the bad. People wonder why we didn't try this or that through the years, and we did try a lot of things. For the most part, experimentation happened but always with a mind on cash flow. This year the weather took its toll on my family financially. Its probably an anomaly- but it was enough where I don't want to experience it again at 50 years of age. I've been blessed to be a part of Whittemore, Owosso, Dixie and Springport Motor Speedway. All of these tracks are special places and I'll never forget the experiences. I hope the racers at those tracks have enjoyed the experiences with us. We'll still be active participating in MOTORSPORTS with our kids, and I'll be helping some young people with driver coaching and getting involved in racing. I appreciate every single one of you that bought a pit pass or a ticket to one of our shows. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting us and short track racing. - Jeff.
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2017Track Count
Tri City 15
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Mt Plesant 2
Whittemore 2
Birch Run 1
Silver Bullett 1
Owosso 1
[color="#000000"]

#2 User is online   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

Wow - this hits hard.

Concisely speaking (not my forte)...

Springport is the first track that I have run regularly at. The Parish's have brought a family atmosphere and appreciation of myself and my team that I have rarely encountered elsewhere.

I wish nothing but the best for his crew, and I look forward to crossing paths with him at a track in the future...
-Mike O.

#3 User is offline   FanInTheStands Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:53 PM

This is not good news. The Parrish family has done a wonderful job with Springport, a track that has suffered in the past from mixed and frequently changing management. It's going to be hard to measure up to their efforts, let alone top them.

I understand getting tired with doing something you have done for many years, and wanting to move on to something else. In the long run you have to do what's right for you.

I wish them the best, and hope things work out all right in the long run for the track.

-- Fan In The Stands

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users