Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Corrigan Oil Speedway Results 7-27-18 - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Corrigan Oil Speedway Results 7-27-18

#1 User is offline   DRTmotorsports Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:40 AM

By Duane Turner, Mason, MI: A mid-season Friday night at Corrigan Oil Speedway proved to be anything but a normal mid-season show. Great racing in all classes would show who the front runners are for the points battles leading in to the final third of the race season. In the modifieds, Jason Parish recorded his third win of the season while increasing his points lead. In the Spartan Stocks, Bob Bauer grabbed the A feature win while Tim Lahar took the B feature. Ryan Hollister took the win in the Outlaw Pony Stock Class and Randy Kretzinger Jr continued to dominate the stock class. In the Street Stocks, Ron Heeney took the checkers while Mason Surgener and Logan Long claimed victories in the Bandolero division.

In the Parts Place Napa Bandolero bandit division, Mason Surgener took the lead from outside the front row at the drop of the green. Just as Surgener has done most of the season, he pulled away to take the win. Evan Varney would keep pace, but would settle for second. In the Junior Bandits, Logan Long took the lead at the drop of the green and never looked back taking the win. Caiden Bailey stayed close, but was not able to mount a challenge for the lead, finishing in second.

When the green flag flew for the Performance Automotive Northwest Spartan Stock B feature, Tim Lahar shot to the lead from the second row, as Nate Jenkins follows in to second. Lex Jarecki takes over second on a lap two restart, as Jenkins stays close in third. Lap 12, Lahar breaks loose in turn four, allowing Jarecki to the inside and challenge for the lead. Lahar was too strong on the outside, retaking the lead three laps later. On a late race restart, Lahar quickly jumped out front, leaving Jarecki and Jenkins to battle for second. With the white flag in the air, Jarecki challenged for the lead, but came up short as Lahar takes the win. Jarecki held on for second with Jenkins in third.

John Ward Jr grabbed the early lead from the pole position in the Performance Automotive Northwest Spartan Stock A feature followed by Bob Bauer in second. As the front duo pulled away, the rest of the field raced for third. Dane Long took that position on lap six, and set his sights on the lead duo. On lap 12, Bauer makes a strong move to the inside of Ward Jr for the lead. Ward stays strong on the outside, as Long joins the duo in the battle for the lead. Five laps later, Bauer and Ward still race side by side swapping the lead several time with Long lurking in third. On lap 20, Bauer finally takes the lead and begins to pull away as Long takes over second. Caution on lap 28 as Bauer had the white flag in sight. On the restart, Bauer and Long stay side by side, but Long slips loose in turn two on the final lap allowing Bauer to pull away and take the win. Long holds on for second, as Scott Sigman sneaks past Ward Jr for third.

In the Boss Snow Equipment Outlaw Pony Stock feature, DJ Marciniak takes the lead from the pole position, with Ryan Hollister challenging on the outside. On lap two, Hollister takes the lead with William Larner following in to second one lap later. On lap four, Larner slows dropping back to third before the car re-fires. One lap later, Larner pulls off ending his race. As the laps wound down, Hollister continues to pull away to take the win with Marciniak in second. In the stock class, Randy Kretzinger Jr made the pass on lap six to take the win. Jimmy Burchett is second with Trina Newman in third.

Kirk Newland set the pace in the Sawyers Chevrolet Modifieds but Dan Loughan takes the lead after lap one. Newland holds on to second with Bill Heeney Jr in third. On lap five, Jason Parish looks to the inside to take third, and a three car battle erupts for second allowing Loughan to pull away. On Lap eight, Jon McNett joins the fray, as we have a four car fight for second. Parish takes over third on lap 11, as he and Newland track down race leader Loughan. On lap 16, Parish moves to the high side, as caution waves for McNett who spins in turn two. On the restart, Loughan settles in to the lead, as Tracey Hernley takes over fourth, and is looking for third. On lap 22, Parish slips under Loughan for the lead. On a lap 25 restart, Jim Butler takes over second as Loughan falls to third with Hernley pressuring in fourth. With five laps to go, Parish continues to pull away leaving the rest of the field to fight for second. At the finish, Parish takes his third win of the year followed by Jim Butler and Dan Loughan.

In the newly formed street stock class, Robert Hiney takes the lead on lap one, but Anthony Williams takes over on lap two. John Kennedy is third, but looks under Hiney for second, taking the position on lap four as Ron Heeney follows in to third. Fast timer Dale Lewis takes fourth on lap five, looking for third one lap later. On lap eight, Heeney takes the lead, as Lewis and Kennedy battle for second. Lewis takes over third on lap 12, as Williams slows and heads pit-side. With the race winding down, Heeney stays solid and takes the win followed by Lewis and Kennedy in the top three.

Up next at the Corrigan Oil Speedway on Friday, August 3, a five in one program. Modifieds, Spartan Stocks, Street Stocks, Pony Stocks, and Bandoleros will do battle on the quarter mile. For more information, log on to the official Corrigan Oil Speedway website at www.corriganpoilspeedway.com.

Event Summery:

Boss Snow Equipment Pony Stocks

Fast Timer: 13 William Larner 15.583

Heat Race: 1) 5 Ryan Hollister 2) 47 Randy Kretzinger 3) 17 DJ Marciniak 4) 71 Jimmy Burchett 5) t17 Trina Newman 6) 13 Wayne Parkhurst Jr 7) 13 William Larner

Pony Stock Feature: 1) 47 Randy Kretzinger Jr 2) 71 Jimmy Burchett 3) t17 Trina Newman 4) 13 Wayne Parkhurst Jr

Outlaw Feature 1) 5 Ryan Hollister 2) 17 DJ Marciniak 3) 13 William Larner

Performance Automotive Northwest Spartan Stocks

Fast Time: 7l Dane Long 13.788

Heat Race #1: 1) 07 Jordan Harvey 2) 42j Nate Jenkins 3) 20 Tim Lahar 4) 0 Max Price 5) 36 Jon Parish 6) 69 Art Pitchford 7) 12 Tom Williams

Heat Race #2: 1) 47 John Ward Jr 2) 2 Bob Bauer 3) 88 Scott Sigman 4) 7l Dane Long 5) 24 Lex Jarecki 6) 2t John Trudell 7) 52 Logan Haughton 8 ) 1 Troy Andrews

A-Feature: 1) 2 Bob Bauer 2) 7l Dane Long 3) 88 Scott Sigman 4) 47 John Ward jr 5) 07 Jordan Harvey 6) 2t John Trudell 7) 52 Logan Haughton

B-Feature: 1) 20 Tim Lahar 2) 24 Lex Jarecki 3) 42 Nate Jenkins 4) 1 Troy Andrews 5) 0 Max Price 6) 36 Jon Parish 7) 12 Tom Williams

Street Stocks

Fast Timer: 007 Dale Lewis 14.415

Heat Race: 1) 007 Dale Lewis 2) 88 Robert Blandino 3) 70 Ron Heeney 4) 97 Anthony Williams 5) 35 John Kennedy 6) 15 Robert Hiney 7) 49 Brian Ruhlman

Feature: 1) 70 Ron Heeney 2) 007 Dale Lewis 3) 35 John Kennedy 4) 49 Brian Ruhlman 5) 88 Robert Blandino 6) 15 Robert Hiney 7) 97 Anthony Williams

Sawyers Chevrolet Modifieds

Fast Time: 81 Tracey Hernley 13.650

Heat Race #1: 1) 31 Jason Parish 2) 7 Jon McNett 3) 20 Tim lahar 4) 63 Tim Easey 5) 81 Tracey Hernley 6) t3 Walt Obrinske

Heat Race #2: 1) m2 Jim Butler 2) m1 Bill Butler 3) 72 Dan Loughan 4) 47 Bill Heeney Jr 5) 89 Tony Pastorino 6) 13n Kirk Newland 7) 5 Mike Westphal

Feature: 1) 31 Jason Parish 2) m2 Jim Butler 3) 72 Dan Loughan 4) 81 Tracey Hernley 5) 13 Kirk Newland 6) 47 Bill Heeney Jr 7) t3 Walt Obrinske 8 ) 63 Tim Easey 9) 89 Tony Pastorino 10) 7 Jon McNett 11) m1 Bill Butler 12) Tim Lahar 13) 5 Mike Westphal

The Parts Place Napa Bandoleros

Junior Bandit Heat Race: 1) 7 Logan Long 2) 4 Caiden Bailey

Bandit Heat Race: 1) 42 Mason Surgener 2) 61 Evan Varney

Junior Bandit Feature: 1) 7 Logan Long 2) 4 Caiden Bailey

Bandit Feature: 1) 42 Mason Surgener 2) 61 Evan Varney
Duane Turner
Morrice, MI

#2 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:00 AM

I know I'm biased, but you do a great job Duane. I love the recap. Even though I was sitting right there, I always have a memory bump whenever I read through it.

Keep up the good work, and please keep posting it here.
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#3 User is offline   DRTmotorsports Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:08 AM

View PostBigEd, on 28 July 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

I know I'm biased, but you do a great job Duane. I love the recap. Even though I was sitting right there, I always have a memory bump whenever I read through it.

Keep up the good work, and please keep posting it here.

Last night just had a different vibe. Some great racing and things went smooth. Some nights go like that, some nights don't. Plus, we are down to what, only couple regular shows left? We have a wingless sprint night, Slugfest, Championship night, The Harvest and a destruction night. Time is already running short! See you again Friday, and Saturday, lol.
Duane Turner
Morrice, MI

#4 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Duane's write-ups are great.

Not only that, they are timely.

#5 User is offline   DRTmotorsports Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

View Postfastbackss, on 29 July 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

Duane's write-ups are great.

Not only that, they are timely.

Thanks. I need to post the story here more often, get a little more life back on the site.

We will see how prompt I am this weekend. Work all day Friday, Corrigan Oil Speedway Friday night, Midland by 8:00 am Saturday for an archery tournament, hopefully leave by 1:30 or so, back to Mason for the Ingham County Fair event Saturday night, then back to Midland by 8:00 am Sunday for day two of the archery tournament. I may be getting older, but not any wiser! :nilly:
Duane Turner
Morrice, MI

#6 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Archery tournament?

We expect a report on that too.

#7 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:53 AM

View Postfastbackss, on 31 July 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

Archery tournament?

We expect a report on that too.

He's good, but his wife is better..........
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users