Michigan Short Track Racing Club: I appoligize to my crew, Your Welcome #00 - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I appoligize to my crew, Your Welcome #00

#1 User is offline   #29 Bighause Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:45 PM

I would like to appoligize to my crew, my friends and especially my son for taping out of saturdays night late model race. Out of pure fustration,and anger I lost my mind and I gave Saturdays Win to the #00. I did not tap because I spun him. I still had a 1/2 car on him in the center of the 3 And 4, could have been a great last lap finish, his front wheel mark and dent is on my door. #00 you should have went to back and if you are not man enought to do so the track Officles should have put you there.
Two weeks in a row the veteran took me out, I had enought of that!!!

#2 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Huh???

If it wasn't your fault, why in the world would you even THINK about tapping out??

I'm confused.

But hey, welcome to the club Dave, I look forward to hearing your comments and opinions!!!!
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#3 User is offline   firechild Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:RACING HUNTING FISHING

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:01 PM

They aint gonna send the 00 to the rear,you know he aint gonna tap they would have put both of you to the rear,or you by yourself, I agree the track needs to make more calls especially when its obvious look when they pump his motor he gets to put it in gear because hes got a reverse mount starter and a small flywheel it spins to fast,and it makes his motor to big, HMMMMMMM,

#4 User is offline   racinray75 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:ummm racing

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (firechild @ Aug 24 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They aint gonna send the 00 to the rear,you know he aint gonna tap they would have put both of you to the rear,or you by yourself, I agree the track needs to make more calls especially when its obvious look when they pump his motor he gets to put it in gear because hes got a reverse mount starter and a small flywheel it spins to fast,and it makes his motor to big, HMMMMMMM,

What?

What does the starter or flywheel have to do with pumping the motor?

#5 User is offline   firechild Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (racinray75 @ Aug 24 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What?

What does the starter or flywheel have to do with pumping the motor?

You tell me? Thats the reason he puts it in gear, he told the tech guys because of the smaller flywheel and rev starter it spins too fast and makes it too many Cubic inches,so he puts it in gear then it pumps legal

#6 User is offline   racinray75 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:ummm racing

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (firechild @ Aug 24 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You tell me? Thats the reason he puts it in gear, he told the tech guys because of the smaller flywheel and rev starter it spins too fast and makes it too many Cubic inches,so he puts it in gear then it pumps legal

So do they run through the pits along side him with the whistler attached when he rolls the starter? icon_mrgreen.gif

In all seriousness, it will make no difference how fast it spins over... Some people may say different, but it is just air in air out... does not matter how fast it spins over!

Ray

#7 User is offline   firechild Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (racinray75 @ Aug 24 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So do they run through the pits along side him with the whistler attached when he rolls the starter? icon_mrgreen.gif

In all seriousness, it will make no difference how fast it spins over... Some people may say different, but it is just air in air out... does not matter how fast it spins over!

Ray

Actually they follow him with the golf cart LOL I think they need to get rid of the spinner spinne rule rarly does some one own, up if one of the track officials sees it make the call.

#8 User is offline   michiganracer2 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Family & Racing

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

I have never been a fan of the "spinner spinne" rule myself either.
What ever created this rule anyways? If I remember correct it was because people thought the tracks were playing favortism?
Years ago it was the flag man and the towers decision, and should still be this way today too.
To many rules just keep creating new rules.
Tracks need to go back to the old philosophy of K.I.S.S., or keep it simple stooped..

Scott

#9 User is offline   kaycorbgm Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

That is complete BULL Dave my opinion and mine only...if you weren't so out of control ALL the time that wouldn't of happened. You were in the second grove, almost sideways where was he to go?????

#10 User is offline   welchracing Icon

• Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

I wasn't at the races to see anything but I can tell you that my dad would have certainly tapped out if he believed he was at fault. My dad has never cheated to win, he doesn't have to. If he thought he was in the wrong I can guarantee the outcome would've been different. He has won more than 100 features in 25 years...I don't think he wanted to win so badly that he would've tried to screw you out of a win, Dave.

I do however, agree, that the tracks need to start making calls if neither driver taps out. It ends up where there are posts like this and words said after the race that could escalade into something worse.

Welch Racing

#11 User is offline   firechild Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (kaycorbgm @ Aug 24 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is complete BULL Dave my opinion and mine only...if you weren't so out of control ALL the time that wouldn't of happened. You were in the second grove, almost sideways where was he to go?????

They say the same thing at the drivers meeting every week if the guy is that far out of control running people over then throw the Black Flag, time to stop talking about it and do it, everyone's got to much money in their cars for all the nonsense,and the next time give them a week off, that would stop alot of it, I wasn't their so in this particular incident I don't know besides you might be a little bias youre married to Hollywood who use to be on Welchs crew and you pick Mark Welch every week

#12 User is offline   mod73 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

If that was the case Dave would be black flagged every week Im not trying to bash him but he runs into guys every week

#13 User is offline   speedracer_d_1 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (kaycorbgm @ Aug 24 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to agree with this. You were a bit sideways in the middle of three and the contact was due to that IMO. I'm thinkin if he was trying to wreck you he wouldn't have backed off and let you gather it up.
2012 Track Count:
Kalamazoo Speedway (3), Springport Motor Speedway (1), Tri-City Motor Speedway (20), Mt Pleasant Speedway (2), Spartan Speedway (2), Dixie Motor Speedway (1), Crystal Motor Speedway (9), Owosso Speedway (5), Whittemore Speedway (3),Auto City Speedway (1),Owendale Speedway (1), Mother Nature (5.5)

#14 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

I don't know the details of what happened with this incident... but it is easy to see we have hit the "crazy season" as chat boards across the Internet are going nuts right now.

Please... please... keep your responses civil. Discussion, even heated discussion, is fine... but end of season frustrations are high so I ask you to write your post... and then look at it again before you post something.
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.

Negative people have a problem with every solution.

*Never surrender your reason to your passion.

*Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#15 User is offline   team21 Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

Mark raced you clean Dave , you came down on him in turn three you lost it and he backed off and you spun on your own. You shouldn't of tried to pinch him off in the turn when you knew he was clearly there. If i remeber right you done the same to me in the same turn last year. Not to be mean Dave , you are a good person off the track but, so different on the track.

#16 User is offline   chevy_city25 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

i have to agree the 00 is one if the best racers out at the track i have been watching him for a long time and he has proven to us before that if he hit someone he would tap out no matter were he was on the race track now we cant say the same for the 29 i cant remember him ever tapping out and most of the time he is out of control weather the car isnt handling or what but the 00 is a great racer and with all his wins i doubt he was desprete enough to take someone out and not tap

April
April Robinson

#17 User is offline   brandon Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:watching racing,football,hockey,basketball,baseball

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

To Me It Looked Like You Were Loose Before Weltch Even Touched You.
Brandon millimeter curtis!!!

#18 User is offline   mod4 Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:Racing and Hockey

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:20 AM

Owosso and Dixe officals don't want to make calls, that way they can blame the problem on someone else!! And its never there fault!!
Hodgeson Motorsports

#19 User is offline   kaycorbgm Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:22 AM

Just to make it clear firechild...I am my own person....I don't need to hide behind your hollywood...I was coming to the races way before he was even born....
I didn't know ray and matt when they worked on Marks team that is what I SAW AND SEE EVERYWEEK...

PS Look back on last years predictions...I picked the "Can Opener" most weeks not the ageless one....
Marks driving has made me a fan not your hollywood.

#20 User is offline   Rocky Icon

• Filthy Sailor
  • Icon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

Firechld take it easy. How would you say somebody is biased for picking the easy pick?

Why wouldn't you pick Mark Welch every week? I pick Bloomquist to win every big dirt race, although for a while I was going with other guys. You know why I pick Bloomer because I know I have a much better chance of being right that way, it's the same deal. If I played the Owosso pick em with you guys I'd pick Welch and Luckhurst every single time they went out there and I bet ya I'd be right more than not. The other divisions is where I couldn't hang. I haven't even been there since the 2000 Nationals but I can read and I know what names I read most often.
Imported From Saginaw.
(Va) Langley Speedway-1
(Va) Virginia Motor Speedway-1
(Tn) Volunteer Speedway-1
(Tn) Bristol Motor speedway-1

Lifetime Total 36 tracks in 10 states. Please, please, please don't let it rain on Saturday anymore this season.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users