Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Asphalt Mods Association - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Asphalt Mods Association

#1 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

Nicholas Clemens-Carr‎ to Asphalt Modified Racers Association
11 hrs

Welcome to the AMRA Group page. This is a racers association that has been created to positively promote asphalt modified racing in Michigan. Our two main objectives are outlined below.

1. We have worked over the course of the last 6 months to put together a comprehensive rules package that we feel is well aligned, clearly written and user friendly. The initial rule book is not far from what most Michigan based tracks already follow and upon one final review, will be released to foster any discussion and answer any questions. The rulebook was put together by a committee of racers, promoters and car owners/drivers and is already finalized.

2. In addition to the rules, we are also finalizing a series proposal that would consist of an 8-10 race schedule that would travel to many of the premier facilities in Michigan. The series would support a healthy purse, reasonable registration fees, a fair and equitable tech process and a large point fund for series drivers.

Now that we are farther along in our development process, we wanted to make our intentions public to let racers know that their voices are being heard and a collective group has been put together to try and address many of the concerns we have about the health and longevity of our class.

There will be more information released as it is finalized. We look forward to hearing from all of you and welcome your thoughts.

*Please keep in mind that this is not a place for complaining, arguing or any other negative dialogue. We are putting this together for the betterment of modified racing. If you handle yourself in a way that contradicts this goal, you may find yourself dismissed. Criticism is encouraged, but do so in a way that is tactful and represents our group in a positive and respectable manner.

Regards,

AMRA Members
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 7
Birch Run 1
Crystal 1
Merritt 1
Whittemore 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#2 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

So do you know if the plan is to only communicate thru Facebook ?? Hopefully they will add something else for the old school people.
Sounds like a great idea,,can't wait to see what changes/additions/corrections to the old way they have made.. Hopefully this will unite most of the Michigan tracks..
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#3 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

So you want to make rules for me. No one asked the rest of us anything. Where did you get your authority to speak for the rest of us?

#4 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

View Postmod911, on 05 January 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

So you want to make rules for me. No one asked the rest of us anything. Where did you get your authority to speak for the rest of us?

The rulebook was put together by a committee of racers, promoters and car owners/drivers

Based on the release it seems like they talked with a bunch of people. Would be nice to know who was involved, although ultimately that isn't required...it would just be interesting to know. Clearly not everyone can be consulted - nothing will get done. I personally look forward to hearing what they came up with. I was not consulted either though. :smile:

#5 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Well here we go again,a certain group assigns themselves authority to speak for everyone else. Sounds democratic,if you don't like what we do there must be something wrong with you. We know everything that you do not and if you speak up we will ban you from it.
Its those SPECIAL little groups that killed tar racing in Michigan and it has been flopping around choking to death ever since. Pitiful car counts most nights and 3 times as many cars parked as racing. Maybe we do not want super mods that suit FEW people who have the already. Go race ICAR or whatever and go broke just leave the rest of us alone.

Why not let the supers take off a fender and come race with us,since they killed themselves off long ago and some joined the mods and got all the rules changed to suit themselves and then found it was tough to win in a mod and went away.....Never to return.....

And NOW some just cannot believe that racing a common mod like IMCA is just a fun thing to do....you do not need a ton of motor,money,trick trans,racing hubs and brakes and tube frames or up and over stepped exhaust and turn 9500 rpm.

No wonder so many quit or went dirt. If these stupid costly rules that benefit a few go installed I will just do dirt. Every night....

So if those promoters want to hear another side of that story lets ALL have a meeting and have it done by RULES. NO stories,no butting in,no condesending speeches about how a couple relative newbees want to change everything about affordable racing....

Lets get IMCA back with a bigger claim rule. They have rules designed to permit a regular guy with no grampa,dad or mom paying the bills to be able to be competitive and still feed the kids....

I see it as those who spent a lot and still cannot win much to get an advantage on the poor working guy....

There is not even ONE tube frame mods legal at any dirt track I know of so just how can they do that? No race hubs,vented directional rotors,fab lowers or any of that...

If my daddy or gramp paid for everything I would still not want this to happen. Racing against the same 8 people for another year sounds real exciting,I am sure the line for tickets is forming now.

Any promoter who wants another opinion is welcome to call me anytime...989-413-0764...There is ANOTHER side of the equation they should hear not just one side....

OH ya,bigger pay,rules enforced,everyone loves it so much they ALL went belly up and got lots of races cancelled once the promoters found out mods do NOT sell that many tickets in the bleachers......haven't we heard this before. S-P remember,new owner,new way,big pay and all that stuff and the first night I got notta dime for 3rd place but a few got tires and fuel and left the rest of us hanging in the cold for hours.......tired of special people thinking they are so special....

#6 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

I just wish people were more up front with what they are doing or plan to do.. Not everyone does Facebook or Twitter.. But this site would be a great place to let those that don't know the plan in case they happen to be putting a new car together, or rebuilding so they new they even stood a chance in Hell of making it thru tech, or how far they were going to have to travel this summer to support a new series that they hope to grow.. It is really hard to support something you know nothing about.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#7 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

This "group" isn't going to do anything besides cost us all more money. I cannot support it. Nobody who is trying to race on a budget should support it. Vocalize your concerns or forever keep silent.

If you don't want mods to go the route of the outlaw latemodel, call your local track and let them know where you stand. Tell them that you need a rules package that stops the transition to fenderless latemodels, and resets things to the way they would be without all these latemodel drivers bringing in their fancy parts. Just because you had them laying around, does not make them free.... It does not cost you "nothing" to use them. Someone paid for them new at one point, and every time they break, they will cost that amount AGAIN.

I tried to stick up for us all, but unfortunately I failed. Maybe someone else can do better, but it's like a rabbit going against a pack of wolves, and I don't have the ability to stay as calm as I used to when I get attacked from multiple angles, or when the leader guy makes several inflammatory remarks to me.

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#8 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Has anybody seen anything resembling a schedule?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users