Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Gear for Berlin Dirt Race - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gear for Berlin Dirt Race Street Stock

#1 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

Anyone out there want to share what gear for a street stock they ran in the past at Berlin for the dirt race and what rpm they were hitting?
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#2 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

How about anyone with any experience running Berlin. Do you have a recommendation of a gear for the street stocks on dirt there? I need to keep under 6800 rpm I'm not running your typical UMP motor so I can't turn it that high.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#3 User is offline   governor Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

I asked a friend who was there last year and it sounds like 5.67 to 5.83 for your RPM, but if 5.83 you will want to make
sure wheel spin is very minimal.

Gov
A Passion for Modified Racing

#4 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for the info. I was hoping it would be in a range a little closer to one of the gears I have, but at least now I know which ones I cant use.

#5 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

what other tracks is that range similar to? I need to figure out a gear for Friday too.
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

Beatrice (NE) Spring Nationals March 9-10 (weather permitting)
IMCA @ Tri City Speedway starting April 20th
Boone Supernationals September 4-8

Follow me on Facebook!

#6 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostGavinHunyady187, on 23 September 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

what other tracks is that range similar to? I need to figure out a gear for Friday too.

I used my I-96 1/2 mile gear which is a 5.37 being that was the closest I had. I can't tell you how close the rpm was to I-96 as I don't have a recall tach currently. I don't think a little more gear would have hurt but needing more motor was probably more the really the problem (a re-freshened 350 claimer motor). The biggest place I was lacking was on the restarts. I would loose a bunch of ground on the front stretch on the start, however once up to speed I'd slowly gain it back only to have another caution come out and have to start over. You carry a lot of speed on the back stretch with the D shape.

Hope that helps some.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users