Michigan Short Track Racing Club: closing Racetracks - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

closing Racetracks

#1 User is offline   OLDGOLD Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

It bothers me to see tracks closing everywhere,kinross ,springport,onaway,and now cherry. but its not just michigan florida is also on the list .some are promotor caused,some are rules caused and some are economy caused .i visited a track yesterday that said their street stock car count is at a all time low of 9 cars.I asked what was the problem? It appeared to be and that person said we have a tough rules program with the top 5 cars being torn down to check cranks,piston weight and all components and said 5am closings are common .i think that might be a problem .I have refused to have my car torn down Not for illegal Parts but for the fact that I work hard enough that i dont feel like putting it all back together every week. this track has caught cars running split valve shocks in a strictly stock division.obviously these racers are willing to spend gobs of money and will do anything to win. you think racers can be their own worst enemy.?

#2 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yeah, we are. That's why the fast pure stocks cost just as much as a sportsman or an entry level late model.
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users