Michigan Short Track Racing Club: 1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang

#1 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

Mustangs came and went, but the big dog of them all was the Shelby GT500. This article has the story of a reproduction GT500 that will be one of the highlights of the 2017 SEMA show in Vegas. http://www.automobil...-gt500-at-sema/
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Vincit Omnia Veritas (Truth conquers all!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#2 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Those cars use to be transformed (Started life as normal mustangs) at a factory in Ionia,, it use to be just north of the fairgrounds, but was torn down years ago.. They came into the building and taken to the fifth floor where a list of items were changed out, seat belts,all the badging,shifters,etc and then dropped down a floor when the rollbar (if convertible)and the side scoops, spoiler and hood were added. the car was then moved to the ground floor where the valve covers,air cleaner was changed out (later years had more upgrades)then they were shipped out to dealers after 50 miles of road time was put on them.. I know this because for 15 years my father was plant manager there and we had them in our driveway almost every weekend.. To bad they could never be out on the roads for travel,, the farthest cars were allowed were out to the airport to run up and down the runways if needed to get the miles on them.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#3 User is offline   GavinHunyady187 Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

My dad had a 68(?) GT 500 KR, 428SCJ. Towed a 2 place motorcycle trailer and all of his stuff to California when he was racing out there in the 70s and working in a street light factory.

Pretty crazy to think of one of the most rare and valuable cars in American history... with a trailer hitch on it.
Mediocre is not good enough... ever.

2018 schedule

Beatrice (NE) Spring Nationals March 9-10 (weather permitting)
IMCA @ Tri City Speedway starting April 20th
Boone Supernationals September 4-8

Follow me on Facebook!

#4 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:56 AM

You need to find a Pic and post that one.. that would be great.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users