Michigan Short Track Racing Club: What's Your Winter Project? - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's Your Winter Project?

#1 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

Are you going to make your first attempt at driving? Moving up or down a class? Let us know who to watch for in 2018.
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Vincit Omnia Veritas (Truth conquers all!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#2 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Two projects going using old junk laying around the shop. Some newer equipment would be nice, but sticking with the low cost labor intensive routes.

Project #1 Modified

Attached File  MOD.jpg (99.91K)
Number of downloads: 8

New bumper is made and installed just some sheet metal work to be mechanically complete. However I still have a lot of work to do on getting the setup right. This is an old car that I completely redid the front and rear suspension on (including mount points) over last year and due to life was only able to get it done and out the last 2 races of the year. Problem is it's not a "brand name" chassis so no help from a builder and honestly I'm still trying to figure these cars out. My first guess at springs was off a bit I know, but 2 races is not enough to dial in a "new" car (maybe if I knew what I was doing). Really have a lot of thinking on this to see what setups I want to test and have them ready for test and tune in the spring.

Project #2 Street Stock

Attached File  SSFV.jpg (73.07K)
Number of downloads: 11

Attached File  SSRV.jpg (87.66K)

Been sitting the last 2 years. Currently stripped down and needs completely inspected. Plan to add spring buckets to the rear and new sheet metal and get it back to looking like this.

Attached File  SSC.jpg (117.71K)

Current plan for next year is still trying to figure out the modified. I know the rebuild was a step in the right direction, it at least feels like it's drivable now just hoping some more track time will help me figure out the setup and get some more speed out of it.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#3 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:19 PM

As of today I have 3 modified bodies to complete..always looking for more..2 possible aero test sessions pending. Then I hope that the tracks in the area all decide which way they are going with there modified rules so I can finish up a asphalt mod update,and finish up the plans for a spring shop addition, and some body work for a indoor car for the Rumble.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users