Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Ron Flinn Nominated - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ron Flinn Nominated

#1 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

https://www.imca.com...ear-nomination/
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2017Track Count
Tri City 15
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Mt Plesant 2
Whittemore 2
Birch Run 1
Silver Bullett 1
Owosso 1
[color="#000000"]

#2 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

I just came here to post that. Bill Martin called me this morning and asked for a photo of Ron. He is one of six nominees and I wish him the best!
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Negative people have a problem with every solution.-----------------------------

Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#3 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:36 AM

One of the best guys in this business,, Grew up with Ron,brother Roger and raced a lot with Bob back in the Ionia Fairgrounds era, before they moved out to Clark's.. Still remember the big race that was supposed to be held at Clark's but for some reason Steve tried to screw the Brother's Flinn.. Moved that race to the Fairgrounds in just two day and the Champion Motor Homes 100 was a huge success,, with driver from as far away as Tuscon (Bill Cheesebough) Joe Ruttman and a huge contingent of USAC drivers.. My vote would be hands down for Ron..Everyone in the area should e-mail the IMCA office.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#4 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

This 'contest' was originated by "RPM" or 'Racing Promotion Monthly,' edited by Stewart Doty. Their office is over in Wisconsin. Nice people. Bill Martin of IMCA is promoting Ron due his work in IMCA at Crystal Motor Speedway. Bill got with me a day or so before this all came out asking for a photo of Ron in 'one of his get-ups.' As it happened, I had this one right where I knew where it was. It was taken at one of the Labor Day races and if you look careful at the pic, you can see that the stands are packed. More than anything, that is the reason behind the nomination. Montcalm County and the Crystal area were profoundly affected by the economy and yet, CMS was full virtually every night. Good racing, no long delays, and lots of action.
V
RPM
PO Box 406, Merrill, WI 54452
715-536-1067

rpmeditor@frontier.com
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Negative people have a problem with every solution.-----------------------------

Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users