Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Birch Run/Dixie Speedway - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Birch Run/Dixie Speedway

#1 User is offline   starterken Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

I saw today Birch Run Speedway announced the return of the Dixie Classic with Outlaw Late Models and recently announced dates & rules for the Pro Lates, Modifieds and Pure Stocks. For the past several years I have read many comments on what Auto City and the prior version of Dixie had become with their once a year race schedule, nights of destruction and pot smoker shows and while I'm not a racer so I cant comment on rules & payouts it seems that they have at least asked for racers input. From a grandstand perspective anyway it sure looks like these guys have gone all in to try & bring exactly what folks have been asking for. I sure hope that people support what these guys are doing. If these guys get 4 cars/class and 20 fans per night local racing in this area will be dead forever. I don't know a thing about these guys but they I admire them at least throwing the hail Mary and I hope they connect or it's game over gang.

#2 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

I worked with the new owner during the NSTA modified show last year,, super guy,,very business smart, has already put a ton of money back into the place and the plans we saw for what was to come is wonderful. It was my first trip there and had heard nothing but bad things of the track before its downfall.. I truely think that if he gets the fans support, this track could easily be one of the shinning stars in the state.. Would love to put a modified tour together for the state like the old MSPA days, Birch Run would be on that schedule for sure, along with Owosso,Kazoo, Berlin and one other.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#3 User is offline   Doug Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

Looking forward to going back this year. Dixie has been one of our favorite tracks.

#4 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

http://www.motorcity...hedule-Released
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 7
Birch Run 1
Crystal 1
Merritt 1
Whittemore 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#5 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:04 AM

They had a real nice display at Autorama this weekend.

Scott Menlen was manning the booth. They had a GLS car, a screen showing videos from the track, and a racing simulator to turn some laps.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users