Michigan Short Track Racing Club: another round - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

another round of senseless rules

#1 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:50 PM

I see some new rules out already and it looks like the same no thought into them rules. One says again,steel type suspension,steel hubs and rotors,but a few lines down there is a rule that 2 piece hubs are ok,not stock type there,but must match original dimensions but I see 12x1.25 rotors that bolt to those safety hubs. Then the poor guy who has 11 inch STOCK dimension rotors attached to his steel stock hub will be down on brakes.....I know, someone say it.....I don't use my brakes anyway so I don't care....skip it,shut up......
But we have NO stock parts on lots of modified suspensions,aftermarket hubs,rotors,spindles and lower arms and custom rack simulating steering rods and such....no thought there. Well they can expect the same 6 or 8 cars they had and then cry about mods not supporting the track...YOU dumped mods and went with kiss ass cars,who ever kissed ass the most gets their way....and the rest stay home.
IF they want to get cars some weight should be added to the trick cars....Like 2500 pounds with bumps,custom racing brakes,steering rods and add 50 more if you have over $150 shocks...Angola does. They have b features too....All I see is penalizing legal affordable cars out of competition and then asking why no one supports your track...

NO mags....still? WHY? Anyone wanna answer that with intelligence and FACTS....I bet not....If not for them we would not have weed wackers and such devices because they would be outlawed for NO known logical provable argument.....Some one take a whack at it...Mags should be mandatory as they do not work well with traction control....AND cheap and reliable....there needs to be some intelligent mechanics advising the rules committee....Worry about evening out the playing field instead of mandating seats and devices and other bullshit that make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside..Is there a defib in the ambulance? Is it really and ambulance with trained licensed medics inside? Do you have the stuff to put out an alky fire of 20 gallons immediately available?
Are the walls at the exit safe to drive by a 120 mph? Or maybe are they a death trap waiting for someone? Can your safety crew right side and upside down car on fire with fuel running all over.......BET NOT.....and they mandate me to spend money on stuff I am responsible for that is NO danger to them or legally no danger....Suppose someone hit the poorly designed exit head on and get killed, they are going to claim responsibility and pick up the bill for the poor victim? Bet not,they will show the disclaimer they signed when arriving.....

I wish tracks would improve themselves and leave us economy racers alone after we sign our rights away to sue them.....

Just sayin......shoot

#2 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

What track?

#3 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:45 AM

Most of them...same non rules. I only got a few years left I suppose but I wanna not spend my medi-care money on over priced under paid race car. A few simple rules would even out stuff for the guys who race for fun. Lets add weight to the fancy cars. Why spend tons on a car that cannot beat an economy car should be our motto. All this "non competitive" stuff killed off the fun racer. If it is NO advantage why buy it?

non stock steering add 100 pounds
non stock hubs add 50 pounds
over $159 shocks add 50 pounds
reverse mount starter add 20 pounds]
20 laps on new tires to qualify with them
shift-able trans add 50 pounds if you shift it on starts
lightened block add that 50 pounds back
make it so the IMCA legal car has a chance like it was supposed to be.

IF you want a super,get one and leave economy races alone

think track owners, want 40 mods? Scale back the rules or just add weight until they can run competitively. Spartan used to be FULL and I had to park on the fence line out back cause I am always late Friday night now the cement slabs are rarely full.......wonder why....cause you made it that way....fix it.
Jeff Parish can do it.....

#4 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:16 AM

Two quick question Dick, that I'm sure will open up some more discussion.. The NTSA tour for 2017 added weight to the cars and pulled a fair number out of the barns.. so I have to agree with you on that one,, people never should have listened to the whiners with the LW cars that were going to have to add #100 or so to race with them, so they boycotted the tour, which happen to have 30+ cars at both Kazoo and Dixie.
My question to your weight add idea,, If I run a TCI automatic would you want me to add the #50 as well ?? A TCI is much cheaper than Bert/Brinn/Falcon. I have some other questions/idea I will add at a later time when I get an extra minute.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users