Michigan Short Track Racing Club: State Wide Street Stock Package - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

State Wide Street Stock Package

#1 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

This is a new project I've been working to try and help promote the class I feel is the base the racing program. While there are a few who start right out in the upper divisions most gt their feet wet in the street/hobby stock type class and progress from there.

Currently there are 9 tracks in Michigan that based on their 2018 posted rules run a class that would allow drivers to participate in this program. It was quite enlightening how close these tracks were to the same posted rules and the MSCRA rules package was designed to allow the drivers at all these tracks to participate while running under the current track format. Hopefully interest in this program continues to grow and can benefit both the racers and tracks.

Tracks that would qualify under their current class

Crystal Motor Speedway (Street Stock)
I-96 Speedway (Street Stock)
Merritt Speedway (Factory Stock)
Mid-Michigan Raceway Park (Street Stock)
Mt. Pleasant Speedway (Hobby Stock)
Silver Bullet Speedway (Street Stock)
Thunderbird Raceway (Factory Stock)
Tri-City Motor Speedway (Street Stock)
Winston Speedway (Bombers)

There are also a few other classes that are very close to meeting these rules with only a couple areas being a little more open. The intent is that drivers could still sign up for MSCRA points. As long as they followed MSCRA rules they would still be legal at their track and be able to earn state points.

Check out the website for more information.

MSCRA Home Page
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

#2 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:54 AM

That is a tremendous undertaking - good on you...

#3 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

hopefully you get a ton of support, and most tracks/drivers in those divisions are able to see the light and follow along..
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#4 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

So far the feed back I have received from those I have talked to has been positive. This is in the early stages of being public but a lot of work has gone into it to get it to this point.

For those that have gone to the website from the link above did you have any trouble navigating from the home page? I have got some feed back that it is not easy to tell there is more then just a home page with the menu system (especially on mobile). I have added some buttons (which are kind of redundant) that hopefully make navigating a little easier.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users