Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Taking the plunge - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taking the plunge

#41 User is offline   Sawmill Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostExit82, on 02 November 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Sawmill,

Trust me, all these guys are not try to mess up your dream, they're trying to save you a headache! :biggrin:/>/>

I've been there and I have made the mistakes and learned my lessons the hard way, they are just trying to help you take shortcuts to realize your dream based on what they've already learned from their experiences.

As you will learn, EVEN just being out there and running in the back takes a lot more than what the averge Joe or casual fan realizes.

To me, it doesn't matter what division you start in, if you want a late model, then do it.

But the best advice I have seen so far is to get hooked up with a team and learn basic chassis setup from someone who already has the knowledge and to buy yourself a race ready competetive car at the track. (You will win in the long run by purchasing race ready IMO.

The advice that I haven't seen given (Maybe I missed it) is that when you get your car, go to the track on test days and practice all you can. Don't make the mistake I did of going to the track and racing without ever being in a racecar or on a racetrack before. lol (You can probably guess how that went).

I didn't do quite as bold as you.....my first 2 laps ever were qualifying.....you can guess how that went by the first thing my "crew chief asked when I came in:"Did you even put it in high gear?!"....lol
Todd
Flatrock SS #86

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users