Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Wheel Spacers - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wheel Spacers

#1 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Several top running street stocks at flat rock got tossed sat nite after feature for running wheel spacers. yes they were told in tech this would happen but once u have a car set up with them how are u going to change the set up at the track. the rule book says no spacers allowed, {the arca new cars do allow them] but this rule goes back to the 70's when guys were running them with short wheel studs. Every set up book u read says to use spacers as a quick and cheap fix instead of running different wheel offsets. Arca would rather see there street stock guys spend an extra $150.00 to $300.00 on extra wheels than $25.00 on spacers. They already have us running the most expensive non lasting tire they could find, and the worst pay out around and they take racers money and points for a $3.00 spacer. Is there any other tracks that don't allow spacers? This just makes Auto City and Dixie look a lot more inviting. Arca officials better take a look at the fact that they cant even pull enough cars to make a B main and they still want to drive racers away with bullsh.. rules and high tire prices. am I the only one that see'e this.

#2 User is offline   61SSracer Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:RACING and POKER

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostDouble D, on 28 May 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Several top running street stocks at flat rock got tossed sat nite after feature for running wheel spacers. yes they were told in tech this would happen but once u have a car set up with them how are u going to change the set up at the track. the rule book says no spacers allowed, {the arca new cars do allow them] but this rule goes back to the 70's when guys were running them with short wheel studs. Every set up book u read says to use spacers as a quick and cheap fix instead of running different wheel offsets. Arca would rather see there street stock guys spend an extra $150.00 to $300.00 on extra wheels than $25.00 on spacers. They already have us running the most expensive non lasting tire they could find, and the worst pay out around and they take racers money and points for a $3.00 spacer. Is there any other tracks that don't allow spacers? This just makes Auto City and Dixie look a lot more inviting. Arca officials better take a look at the fact that they cant even pull enough cars to make a B main and they still want to drive racers away with bullsh.. rules and high tire prices. am I the only one that see'e this.

I Don't have a Dog in this Fight, but if he Rules State NO SPACERS, then Why would you set up your car with them to begin with? Seams like a rule that old would've been Teched Long before this?

Chuck
Race cars are like women ~ you find a GREAT one & you want to Keep it forever, but you're ALWAYS Checking out the other ones around you ! ! SHAGGY

#3 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

It hasn't been teched and we are talking about a class that the rule book states must have a stock passenger car frame from top of rear kick up to spring bucket in front. Ok then tell me how a Camaro clip welded on a metric chassis is a "stock passenger car frame" or the newest cars out are Camaro clips with ford side rails and what ever rear rails work the best for what your doing. These are legal but a wheel spacer isn't?

#4 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

spacers are legal at both AC and Dixie. just says there has to be at least 3 threads showing.... at least I'm pretty sure thats what the rules say. with frames like that at AC and Dixie you'd be carrying extra weight for sure.
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

#5 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostjhaydenX, on 28 May 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

spacers are legal at both AC and Dixie. just says there has to be at least 3 threads showing.... at least I'm pretty sure thats what the rules say. with frames like that at AC and Dixie you'd be carrying extra weight for sure.

My frame is not like that and I have already been talkin to your tech guy and you will be seeing my car there soon.

#6 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostDouble D, on 29 May 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

My frame is not like that and I have already been talkin to your tech guy and you will be seeing my car there soon.

Do the street stocks run the little track at AC and what final drive gear do you run?

#7 User is offline   jhaydenX Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

we run on the little track, but don't let that fool ya, we haul the mail pretty good. id have to do the math on my overall gear. I run a 1.82 power-glide w/ a 373 gm 10 bolt rear. turn 6800-7000 consistently.
Johnny Hayden

#64 PLM

#8 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostjhaydenX, on 29 May 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

we run on the little track, but don't let that fool ya, we haul the mail pretty good. id have to do the math on my overall gear. I run a 1.82 power-glide w/ a 373 gm 10 bolt rear. turn 6800-7000 consistently.

6.78 Thanx Johnny

#9 User is offline   grr456 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Remember that rack and pinion steering is NOT allowed at either Dixie or Auto city...

grr

#10 User is offline   Double D Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

View Postgrr456, on 30 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Remember that rack and pinion steering is NOT allowed at either Dixie or Auto city...

grr

Thanx grr I'm one of a few that still has a steering box

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users