• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IMCA Karma at work

#21 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:57 AM

Well Mike, progressive insurance treated me well when I got hit by a truck but I didn't ask you to quit bad mouthing them did I? Just find another company and not bad mouth them. That's how I see it.

Tar tracks got away from the fact they need us a$$ hole drivers more than we need them but they think they hold all the cards. There are more tar guys thinking dirt than you know....Too all the morons who destroyed tar racing at an affordable price,gfy. Try Tri-City one night after all the tar tracks are closed from no fans in the stands. Eldora has standing room only as does T-C when they have sprints .....when have you seen standing room only at ANY tar track? Look at all the empty seats at the nascrap shows. Used to be packed everywhere but they are choking out slowly as most tar tracks are.

I had a bad night last night but still had fun and was I treated well and the food was good and cheap. Almost missed the pile of cars spun out but got to look at the moon before I landed back on my bend parts. Now I need a new metric spindle. People came running to help me get my car load when they noticed I needed it. No one never went from a dirt track to nascar so that wanna be ass crowd is completely missing. LOTS of supers there too.
The atmosphere is much different,no one yelling to line up or else,no arrogant,give a sh*t attitudes from officials. No "its our game" attitude. I will learn and be up to speed soon. Having a new different track every night is an adjustment but it will work.

My flattop iron head cheap 2 bolt motor seems to have plenty of power....If you spin in the heat you can take it to the pits please and join in us for the feature later.......Thats what I heard,911 u r my caution car,take it to the pits and join us later in the feature. Damn rear tires passed me before I could get it back,slick clay got me. Lesson learned.

Tar could save itself but lacks the intelligence and nads needed to run a tight show....It doesn't matter what shows up it will be allowed to run because they need cars,legal or not. Bring ur nascar to race with the neons if they only have a few they will let you.

All the wanna be famous people with more money than sportsmanship killed the mods. Jasper mods started it by trying to separate themselves from the poor(wise) racer with a few lenient rules and then every series who took over added some special traveling series carve out rules. WE need better stuff to travel with so we allow this and that....BUT then those guys wanna come home with the fancy class killing costly stuff and force us hobby racers to match them at OUR regular tracks and sucked a$$ till they got promoters to go along with it. SO all us sensible racers quit or went dirt or dune buggies,jeeps,rock climbers,road rally and many more....Now a full field is rare on an average Sturday night and crowds are down...The number of cars affects the number of fans. I know promoters deny this but their business is in danger of collapsing so now the supers are being recalled but they are few and far between. Not wanting to pay for super show when they figured the pit passes would support everything cause racers will pay whatever is asked. But they were the main ticket sellers and what people drove 30 to 100 miles to see. i went to Toledo to see Tim Felver race 110 miles I think,but never to see streets or mods or neons. As soon as the neon class got going good and were putting on a good show(side show) they let the ones who could cut the car apart and weld it back in a better configuration to turn left so they were un beatable they all left and now there are 4 or 5 if they race at all. Money and traction kill good racing. No one pays to watch slot cars. Maybe mods with 800 ponies and 20 inch tires and aluminum chassis and wedge bodies and wings no limits will get new people wanting to get out there.

The day when NO race cars show up at your local tar track is near.......MAYBE Mike.....the fact I been racing mods since 1986 would make my opinion MORE valuable and relevant. Anyone been in a mod longer?

#22 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

View Postmod911, on 25 July 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

... As soon as the neon class got going good and were putting on a good show(side show) they let the ones who could cut the car apart and weld it back in a better configuration to turn left so they were un beatable....

I got no dog in this fight except I tried tar racing about three years (we also ran dirt at the same time) and finally just went back to dirt. The way the two dirt tracks that interest me right now, TCMS and CMS, stop this in the FWD division is they run backwards every so often. If you've messed with your car, it shows and shows quickly. They get no advanced warning they are going backwards, they just direct them at the last moment. Can't say it stops everyone... but it stops enough of them.
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Negative people have a problem with every solution.-----------------------------

Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#23 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:16 AM

Dick.. I too started in 1986,, but what damn difference should that make?? Doesn't make your or my opinion worth more or less,,cause that is just what they are..Also I was the co-owner and race director of the Jasper mods.. so make sure you have facts before you start throwing stones at them.. We really had nothing to do with the so called down fall of the local TAR mods.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#24 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:45 AM

Sure ya did, wasn't it them who started the theory that travelers need better stuff? SO what does a long history and experience have to do with helping direct things the best way for long term survival of anything? EVERYTHING,so you let your children decide what to eat and when to go to bed and do as they please? They must know as much as you about life and how it works in the long run. OR maybe they give you advice on how to run your life? If experience and knowledge are worthless and should be ignored we should elect a fetus president because a single cell must know best according to your theory. Maybe kinder gardeners are the smartest and wisest people around and adults should be ignored.......

I started mods in 86 and raced last friday so my knowledge and experience is pretty deep and is of value to wise people. I have had more than a few track promoters say they agree with what I say as do MANY MANY racers. A few big mouths and self appointed important people speak and think everyone should blindly follow them.....but the silent majority agree with me overwhelmingly........I hear it every race night or when I meet someone new.....

It it funny that the last 100 alp winner had his car on the rack here last wednesday,the last 100 lap winner had his car here on my rack and my car came right off the rack and scales and set fast time first lap......

#25 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

NO it was them that brought $$$ to the purse structure and some decent stuff other that pretty jackets to the table at banquet time..Not really sure what my kids have to do with you or what you think.. But if you want to go there that is fine.. just show what you really are.. If you would go back and read some of the things that people have written here over the years you could see that they to have opinions on what should be done. Some agree with you,some don't.. But for some reason it always seems that anyone who does not agree with you are just nothing but stupid idiots that have there head in the sand and are out to ruin YOUR CLASS.. There have been many of us turn many laps in mods since 1986 and believe me you and all you silent majority are just half of the story.. I'm really happy that you have had so many winning cars go thru your shop it shows that you do know what you are doing.. but yet if someone else has winners go thru there,, they must be cheats or stupid people that have opinions that are not yours.. Not really sure what the president has to do with anything but another one of your rants.. My kids eat very well,are well rounded, and two have Dr. Degrees one from St.Louis and one from MSU so I really don't think they were brought up poorly.. But again if you want to go there FINE.. Just shows what type of a person you really are.. You can't even decide if IMCA is good or BAD.. One week they are the greatest in the world, best thing for mod racing the next they are worthless SOB's because they stick by there rules.. Enjoy your fun on the dirt.. It was always the best times I had in racing.. and enjoy your next few weeks at TCMS and/or Crystal because I'm sure someone there will piss you off and they will be the next worthless thing in mod racing.. I've spent 95% of my racing career on dirt and I to think it is the best thing and my asphalt customers give me a hard time for it all the time..but telling all the Mod TAR tracks and racers how worthless they are does nothing for anybody except have more people probably wonder what the heck you really want in life.. If mod racing is all that bad why don't you and your dog just go ride before you die from some massive heart attack telling us all how worthless we are.Last I have a question and/or statement Is this board and racing just a place for you to release all your pent up anger from all you must be stupid customers that don't know anything either?? I would guess since you have been in business for so long you certainly can't talk to them that way or they would have told you long ago just what they really think of you the way you do everybody else.. or you have a great deal of single time customers.. Have a great day Dick and enjoy the dirt before it too turns on you. And are you following your own statement and "Staying the hell out of the way" while you are having fun on the dirt?
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#26 User is offline   champ_49 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Now traveling the good ole USA in our 5th wheel, and retired!

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:51 PM

I could say something here, but I think I had just better leave it alone. IMCA was for me a great deal, and I did it all as far as dirt and tar. But one thing from the experience I have is that nothing will be accomplished by trashing everybody else's class. We all love racing, because that's the only thing we get out of it.

I have done both and yes I was in a mod in 1985 and it treated me well. We ran both tar and dirt on the same weekend, like we did in the late models before that. Racing is racing and it cost a lot of money no matter where you are as far as class. Yes IMCA may be cheaper at this time but I can't comment on it now days as I am not informed enough to know. But I will say that I sold 27 motors in my IMCA days and that was over many years. I can tell you absolutely that a tar or dirt car today could lose that in one motor if it blew today. Then you would have to go buy another $27,000 dollar motor. All my motors was less than a grand a piece in the IMCA days. I know for sure UMP mods are in no way shape or form cheap. I have been attending a lot of dirt races and can tell you they are no cheaper than the tar cars. Racers will spend whatever it takes. And there is not a soul on here that don't truly believe that.

We need to all chill out a bit and just enjoy what we love doing and not worry about everybody else. It's not healthy for racing when we can't even get along anywhere anytime.

Just my take..........

#27 User is offline   MaddMike Icon

• Icon
  • Interests:adrenaline

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

I wasn't talking about you specifically, Dick. It seems to be the common theme though with people running dirt. I like both types of racing.

The thing about your experience though...Is that nothing in 1986 is really relevant now other than the wheel time and setup experience. The game is different now, the parts availability is not the same, and the people are not the same. I didn't race back then, but it was a whole different game, I know that. Everything evolves with time, if it didn't then you wouldn't have had to get a different car to run on the dirt.

And by the way, my bitching about Progressive insurance got me a check in the mail for $9667, after they had already closed the claim. Now I have the money to actually repair the car. If someone was trying to rip you off for that much money, I'm pretty sure you'd make some noise about it too. :)

Mike
I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Todays Listening experience-

Dope- I Don't give a ****

Give it a whirl.

#28 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:25 AM

Great points Dave,, and I couldn't agree more,, we all need to just relax and all enjoy what we all love.. no matter the class or the surface.. And if I recall I think I had one of those 27 motors from way back when.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#29 User is offline   champ_49 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Kevin you very well could have one of them. I don't remember where they all went. All is good as far as I am concerned. There is a lot of pro's and con's to the claim and everyone of them are true. But it don't take much to see if its tar or dirt, mods have gotten out of line as far as cost. That is not what the mod class was meant to be. It was meant to be an affordable class and it is not that way at all. But that's racing and that's how the cycle goes. As we all know, us racers are our own worst enemies when it comes to winning!

Some day, the cycle will start over again and the same thing will happen all over. It's just the way that it is!

Dave

#30 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

Well yes I am staying out of the way. I started every race at the rear so far. I am not into showing how ignorant I am by thinking the front row is the place for me. I am getting up to speed at MY expense. I do not feel entitled to trash someones work and stuff.

I got an IMCA license with no penalties. They said it was a bad deal.

#31 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

Dick congrats on getting it back,, It was had to believe that anybody in this business would keep records that long.. And I have heard from a good source that you are doing better on dirt each time you get out there.. Now when you get to the point of really hanging it out there,, you will really have a ball.

Dave I agree again.. it is all a big circle and it will come back around someday.. hope that means that Thunder Mods will also make a return.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#32 User is offline   champ_49 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:28 AM

In all reality now looking back Kevin and giving it some thought. The Thunder mods was probably the first group to start breaking away from IMCA. So the fact is, Thunder mods started this cost rising modified class. But they sure were fun LOL

Dave

#33 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

Yea I have been trying for 4-5 years to find pictures of some of them to show people...but back in those days people only had these things called cameras no social media stuff to just pull things from the air.
But you are probably right we started ruining mods a very long time ago,,,but yes they were a blast.. Those were back in the days that you could run your radiator in the door (yes) and if you were real gutsy you could put the fuel cell into the middle of the car and work the polar moment principals. to bad someone had to come along and make a bunch of rules that ruined creativity.I understand the safety ones but some things should just be left to have fun with.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#34 User is offline   Mopar93 Icon

• Maurice Randall
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Automobiles, computers.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the MMA. Remember as late as 2006 when most of the asphalt tracks in Michigan ran under MMA rules? Then all of a sudden, the MMA went away and tracks deviated from this control. The current rules that many asphalt tracks run under today have evolved from those MMA rules. Maybe they've evolved too much, though.

-Maurice
A good part of racing is all the friends you create.
A sad part of racing is all the enemies you create.

#35 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Well and then for us dirt guys there was the Budweiser Great Lakes Outlaw Modifieds..Which was another offshoot of a run what ya brung deal.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#36 User is offline   racer72 Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

sorry for stealing the thread for a moment but when will we see fuel cells in mods, tar or dirt, that resemble the dirt LM cells that are longer front to rear instead of left to right? would that make a car drop cross weight faster as fuel burns off faster than a traditionally mounted cell? what's the pros and cons? It seems like if you wanted to gain wedge and fuel burns off, you'd mount it to the right.
Bernie explains how to pay for his proposals. https://www.youtube....h?v=5brgT0FWrSM
Gun Control you say? http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K13HdTsW_E0
taking the name of the LORD in vain http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8eV0OipvkZE
10-29-12 United States of ALEC http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IyTU9RbOEJo
new 10-25-12 watch and decide who IS THE REAL FRAUD http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gT77qP2Nai8
added 1-22-12 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-AAsQR8I4Es Koch Bros.
http://www.linktv.or...-party#comments
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QgBDeb28pe0

Use your own critical thinking skills and decide for yourself
Curt Olar

#37 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Already have one in the dirt car,long and mounted lengthwise to the frame. Up high and slightly right. I ran with the GLOM series a few years back,was fun. No rules and I took my tar car with no rules set up. Siped slicks worked well I might add,maybe cause they were Tim Felvers old tires they still had some fast in them.

This thread was stated to bash me as you may notice by reading the first post,butt it back fired and the one who started it got a dose of karma delivered to him when he was sent to the rear so many times this year.....It's more fun bashing some one else and having them sent to the rear isn't it? Even on memory stick and clear as a bell they deny it......Karma is my friend and gets every one for me so I can forget the bad things. lol hahaha

#38 User is offline   BIGcheater Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

View Postmod911, on 31 July 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

This thread was stated to bash me as you may notice by reading the first post,butt it back fired and the one who started it got a dose of karma delivered to him when he was sent to the rear so many times this year.....It's more fun bashing some one else and having them sent to the rear isn't it? Even on memory stick and clear as a bell they deny it......Karma is my friend and gets every one for me so I can forget the bad things. lol hahaha

Congrats on getting your license back! Sometimes it's fun to see how things work out. I don't always agree with your posts, but I'd bet my last dollar if you started a thread like this someone would be crying to pull it down...
Roger Flickinger

BIGcheater Motorsports Dirt Street Stock

#39 User is offline   Dan Bailey Icon

• Fan in the stands
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

They say the memory is the first thing to go , it sounds like some of us have gotten real old . its funny to see someone put they're spin on history. i see two different incidents twisted into one that suits the people telling the story . PLEASE don,t drop names when your not sure the person agrees .Please

#40 User is offline   mod911 Icon

• mod911
  • Icon

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:45 AM

Well there Dan, glad to see ya jump in......lots of stories going on,,,,,by the way I STILL check my wheel several times and have not hit anyone since I took us off the backstretch at Owosso....Checked it last night and the center was stuck down and it came off.....Once was enough for me....new quick release too.

IMCA says the record for claims is 16 but will not say who.....The one i bought was sabotaged by weights welded on the fan pulley and whatever on the rear,holes drilled in the crank counter weight and put the weight back on the flywheel and crank pulley....poor sportsmanship. I think Dan had more motors claimed than anyone I know. He showed up and removed his motor the last few races...Can't blame ya for quitting.

Mr Logan, what was that deal on the backstretch at Spartan? Did Bobby try to block the track off on you after you hit him....Picture available upon request. Looked like poor sportsmanship and a fat head thinking you can do no wrong....What about the 12 car you drilled,to the rear again....I see a pattern here.

Tri City was FUN last night, the guy on the raceceiver voice is so funny.....911 you are my caution car,please take it to the pits and join us later for the feature.....I did not hear it last night,it was some one else's turn. Car X,this is your second spin ,take it to the its please and join us again next week. He is so polite you have to do it......POLITE to someone you do not know,imagine that? The tow truck driver pushed me in the trailer since my tranny gave up on the last lap. Very nice staff up there. Nice place to race. Good food,no arrogant officials....Relaxed fun and fair atmosphere too. AND LOTS of X tar babies around. IF you wonder where everyone went, or care check it out next Friday.....

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users