Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Cubic inch for mod - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cubic inch for mod

#1 User is offline   Gary Pelky Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

I am looking to build a couple engines over the winter what is your input on cubic inch for asphalt mod 3/8 on bigger tracks

#2 User is offline   governor Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

I have built many over the years and depending on budget, a 383 in a 350 based block is about the least expensive option. I have quit using 400 blocks as i have had or seen to many fail.

I feel the dart shp based block is the best bang for the buck which can use short stroke or up to 3.875 with minimal work if you use the correct rod.

377 is a very reliable combo that you can turn hard with good components or use the 3.875 crank if you want or can hook up the added tourque, I have used both with great results. It all depends on your chassis or the track which way you go.

I will have a 377 shp short block for sale, pm me if interested and we can talk.

Dan
A Passion for Modified Racing

#3 User is offline   Gary Pelky Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

I have a 383 I was thinking of building something 400 or bigger cubic inch our engines seam to flatten out on the high end maybe cam and head problem

#4 User is offline   BadMoonRacing00 Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Going Fast.

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

What heads, Intake, carb, cam, exhaust? Shaft rockers? we've started doing 302-331 for the really small tracks, 355/358 for medium and either 377 or 406/408 for big tracks like winchester. I agree with Dan stay away from factory 400 blocks and the SHP is a nice piece.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users