Michigan Short Track Racing Club: The Test Of Time - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Test Of Time

#1 User is offline   ICAR Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:45 AM

As I sit and watch and listen how racing is going some people say asphalt is dying , it might be, but we have people trying to keep it alive. I my self am one of them , I took a tour that was in trouble and hard work made it the best tour in the Midwest but as I watch and listen what driver say I took all summer and work with Irish and Craig from Hoosier Tire to find a Tire that will work and at Winchester Speedway on Labor day I had 2 driver to test tires. One was Jeff Lane was only going to run them in hot laps Jeff had a bar on rear end he took tires off. Car two was Tim Burkett he was having motor trouble all day this was a 2 day show this was on Sunday with a heat race on sunday they work on car all day then on Monday I ask them if it was fixed Tim said don't know going to run it till it blows up I told him to keep the test tires on, well the motor was fixed on Sunday night Scott Hantz looked at the rotor and it was junk put a new one in it was fixed. Tim ran the shit out of the tires after the race I looked at the tire and knew we had are new tires all the work all summer paid off. The Biggest thing in racing is the tire bill, If I can save on the tire bill I hope that more people can race more. I asked Dan Loughan if he could help me out on testing the D800, he made some calls and we did it at Springport Speedway with the help of Jeff Parish and Jim Leisure for the use of the speedway and with the help of Dan, Walt and Nile tested the D800 it was a good run some say we did not test them right, well we ran the Winchester tire then ran new one same times. I told Dan we will start with a two tire rule after the second race. and look at it later in the season I think it will police it self. Next we will move on to the Fab clip I have had people in the racing world try and under mine me I will stand my ground and never let a fab clip run with ICAR. Yes people say we can't find them we have a company stamping them just what we had in the 70s . when you buy a lower arm from the catalog its a restamped. If we don't draw a line now we will lose the great class of mods on a regular night or on the tour, As the owner of ICAR its my job to keep it fair for all. So we as a group we need the old timers like Dan and Dick to keep are sport going so if they said something about mod racing they are not out to hurt racing they want to see it keep going, remember we have over 350 drivers in the tri state area yes that 350 different opinions on how to keep mod racing going, before you reply to this post think am I going to hurt mod racing or am out to make it better for my self. Remember I don't have a car and it not about the money because if I sell less tires. I am not in the tire business I am in the race business . Thank you for all of you that will keep racing going that way are grandkids can race. In the off season ask your local track what you can do to help them promote racing I know some will say its not my job to make his race track survive maybe its not then don't call its your home track. So let go racing it all up to us.We as racer are the only one that can fix it. Thank you Dave Muzzillo

#2 User is offline   Mopar93 Icon

• Maurice Randall
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Automobiles, computers.

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:37 PM

I like the part where Dave said that if a driver says it's not his job to help a track survive then he shouldn't call it his home track.

-Maurice
A good part of racing is all the friends you create.
A sad part of racing is all the enemies you create.

#3 User is offline   governor Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Family and Racing

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

LoL, did you copy data from my first post on the tire test, sure is a lot of simular information on this test.

Thanks for clearing this up Dave.

Gov
A Passion for Modified Racing

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users