Michigan Short Track Racing Club: 2016 MSTRC Bowling Tournament - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2016 MSTRC Bowling Tournament

#1 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:local short track auto racing,sim racing

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:23 PM

Super Shoe Weekend is almost over,so it is time to start thinking about this year's tournament! Nominations for the benefactors will be held here in this thread until the 15th of November!

Event details are as follows:
Capitol Bowl in Owosso February 13th
4:00p.m. Doors Open / Sign In Begins
5:00p.m. practice starts
5:15p.m. Sign In Ends
5:45p.m. Practice Ends
5:45p.m. Draw For Teams
5:55p.m. Pre-Tournament Ceremonies / Invocation / National Anthem

6:00p.m. Bowling Tournament STARTS

8:30p.m. Awards Ceremony

Ray Simpson and Three Wheel Drive have agreed to perform once again and Garret Smith will be snapping pictures for us. As usual we will be looking for donations for the raffle table and would like to see if we can get some drivers to donate sheet metal to raffle off! Please get with Big Ed,Elaine Crosby or myself for ways to donate or if you have any questions.
Chuck " The Flounder" Darling

Common sense is not so common anymore!- Me
I can't control stupidity...it's everywhere!- Me

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

Talent can make you fast,but it takes brains to be a champion-Tony Stewart

#2 User is offline   kaycorbgm Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

I will start out the nominations. Dan Gokee has not been able to work/race since the first of September due to torn/bulging discs at L4/L5. He does have insurance to cover his treatment or most of it but he has no income right now due to not working at his job in a body shop. He sees a surgeon today but it still will be several weeks after surgery if needed before he can return to work.
Dan is a past champion at Owosso Speedway, has raced there many years, also has raced other area tracks. His family has been racing since 1955 all over Michigan.
He also suffered the loss of his mother Tina and had the burden of the cost of her funeral.

I think Dan Gokee would be a great candidate for this wonderful fundraising event that we have been doing for 13 years!

#3 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

I'll second Dan as a nominee! C'mon everyone, we need your input for beneficiaries of this tournament. I don't want to hear crickets on this thread again!

Sometimes you just have to drive it. You don't ask, you just drive. If you want to make excuses for not being successful you can do that, or you can just go out there and put it all on the line for the win. Brad Keselowski

#4 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:35 AM

Bringing this back to the top again! One nomination in the past week and change is kind of silly. This isn't up to the ones that put on the tournament,it is up to the entire racing family to show us who is in need!

#5 User is offline   WILDBILL Icon

• Full time racer
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostMSTRC_CEO88, on 15 October 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Bringing this back to the top again! One nomination in the past week and change is kind of silly. This isn't up to the ones that put on the tournament,it is up to the entire racing family to show us who is in need!

MARFC will once again donate two MARFC Memberships for this special event!
Bill Barnhart
MARFC President
Wild Bill Barnhart

#6 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

Thank you very much Bill! If you want to you are more than welcome to host a MARFC meeting before the bowling begins again!

#7 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Back to the top!

#8 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

Nominations are open until November 15th! So far one nomination in one month and it really has me scratching my head! I know I don't post on here much anymore, but it is disheartening to see the lack of interest. Come the day of the tournament we are thankful for all that come out,but we would like to see chatter on here like it was a few years ago.

Any ideas or suggestions??

#9 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

A huge thank you to Scott Schultz from Flat Rock and Toledo Speedways! While the dates wont be confirmed until after the Holidays Flat Rock will be providing two tickets to the Joy Fair Memorial while Toledo will supply two tickets to the Fastest Short Track Show in the World!

#10 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:20 PM

Some more nominees:

Gary "Chops" Jackson,former racer at Owosso Speedway and crew member for Billy Luckhurst.
He has been battling diabetes - he was admitted to the hospital a couple weeks ago his sugar was 900 and he had a
a bad infection in his toe they ended up ampitating his toe.
He is a truck driver with a CDL -A so now with the out of control diabetes he is unable to work.

Jack Gritter,former super late model competitor at Berlin and Kalamazoo is battling lung cancer.

Red Phillips,worker at Berlin Raceway has been battling some serious health issues.

The Ormsbee Family that races at Northern Michigan Speedway lost their daughter on October 12th.

Larry Saunders a racer from Goshen, In . Diagnosed with stage 3 multi myeloma cancer and wife is on disability and can't work.

The family of Gordy Ennes, long time Northside Service wrecker driver at Spartan Speedway passed away unexpectedly.

#11 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:11 PM

Any suggestions on people from the dirt tracks that could be nominated??

#12 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

Another nominee is the family of Jayson Leisentritt (age 27) who passed away as a result of an automobile accident. Jayson worked at TCMS since it's re-opening in 2011.

Also the family of Victor Krontz who passed away at Mottville Speedway earlier this year

#13 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

5 more days for nominations! Bumping this back up......

#14 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

Today is the last day to get those nominations in!

#15 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

The benefactors for this year's tournament have been decided! First is the family of Jayson Leisentritt who passed away as a result of an automobile accident December 6th last year. Jayson worked at TCMS since it's re-opening in 2011 and left behind a fiancee and three children. Seond is Dan Gokee who races in the Pure Stock class at Owosso Speedway. Dan has been off work for quite some time with a back injury that required surgery,as well as his mom's passing earlier in the year.

I know everyone will be busy between now and Christmas,but please take the time to help promote the event! We would like to thank all that have stepped up so far and for those that are thinking about it,ask anyone who has attended or benefited from our bowling tournament how much fun they've had and you will see it is well worth it to be there to either bowl or bench race and listen to some great music!

#16 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

After Christmas there will be a link posted for anyone that wishes to donate through Paypal.

Also I want to encourage everyone to try and attend the MARFC 50th Anniversary Awrds and Dinner Banquet Saturday, January 23, 2016. For all the info on getting tickets visit MARFC

#17 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

Time for the ball to really get going on this year's tournament! Again a big thanks to MARFC and Flat Rock/Toledo Speedways for their donations. We will keep a running thank you going for those that do donate,so please make sure you list anyone who has or plans on donating to this event. Get a hold of myself (mstrcceo88@gmail.com), Ed (gb48507@yahoo.com) or Elaine (kaycorbgm@yahoo.com) if you have items to doante. If you need someway to get them to the event,I'm sure we can figure out a way to help!

The link has been created for those that cannot make it to the tournament but would still like to donate. The link is Paypal MSTRC Bowling Tournament.

#18 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

We are encouraging all past benefactors of the tournament as well as anyone that has attended in the past or any "newbies" to come out and share in the fun! So please help spread the word if you can!

Also don't forget the link to donating through Paypal is Paypal MSTRC Bowling Tounrament for those that are unable to attend!

We need help in ensuring we have a lot of items to raffle off at our prize table,so if you have a business or know of one that would like to help out please direct them to the information about the event! And drivers if you have any "swag" or sheet metal you would like to donate please contact myself,Ed or Elaine through our emails if you can't make the event yourself!

#19 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

The awards have been designed and are waiting on printing and frames!

#20 User is offline   MSTRC_CEO88 Icon

• "The Flounder"
  • Icon

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

The Paypal link for donating is now in the header of the MSTRC site when you log in. Big thanks to Maurice Randall for all the help!

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users