Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Mt. Pleasant cancels for July 20 - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mt. Pleasant cancels for July 20 ???

#1 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

So I was gonna check their website to make sure nothing changed there since the last time I was there. Linda and I were looking forward to using our MARFC cards for the first time this year and check out a track we haven't been to in a while on a very rare night off for me. Well, this is what I found................

NO RACING - Friday, July 20th
Mt. Pleasant Speedway has decided to cancel this Friday, July 20th.

We would like to encourage our drivers to go and enjoy the 30th Annual Ed Vanduinen Wood Tick at Merritt Speedway.

We will reopen Friday, July 27 for The Amber Lucynski Memorial Race presented by Racing for Suicide Awareness. It's a $750 to win 4 cylinder special.

August 3rd will be a birthday celebration for the late Dick Crook. Stay tuned for event specials in every classes for this event.

Thank you for supporting Mt. Pleasant Speedway!

Huh?? No reason given, no explanation at all. I can only wonder why this is, and how the MARFC feels about it.
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#2 User is online   DRTmotorsports Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Not real sure, but many tracks do not race their regular classes this weekend, and encourage them to go to Merritt for the Wood Tic. Been like this for as long as I have been involved anyway. Just the wood tic is earlier this year than what I remember.
Duane Turner
Morrice, MI

#3 User is offline   BigEd Icon

• Get your "Backside Trackside"!!!!!
  • Icon
  • Group: PR Members
  • Interests:Auto Racing, Bowling, Talking, sports in general

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

I guess THAT is the explanation.

I get it, even though the 2 tracks are 60 miles apart. My problem with it I guess is that the race at Merritt wasn't just scheduled a week ago, it's been there since the beginning of the season. Why couldn't of this been figured out way before now, and way before the MARFC folks schedule their night there. Over 40 people from the club made their way to Owosso Speedway last Saturday. How many had to now cancel their plans, and for some of us, motel reservations in the area, because of what feels like a last minute decision.

Again, I get it. I just have no doubt that this could of been done a LOT better than the way this all happened.

No worries, I'll find a place to go racing on Friday night!!
Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003
Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

#4 User is online   DRTmotorsports Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

Sorry Ed, I guess I assumed that Mt Pleasant never had a race scheduled for this weekend, but I see they did up until about a week or so ago.
Duane Turner
Morrice, MI

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users