Michigan Short Track Racing Club: It's Bristol, Baby! - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's Bristol, Baby! 2018 Short Track Nationals Set

#1 User is offline   FanInTheStands Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

The Second US Short Track Nationals were announced today for Bristol Speedway in May.

http://speed51.com/s...ristol-in-2017/

Several Michigan racers were down there last spring, including Todd Metz Jr. We went down there and had a ball. There was not a huge crowd of spectators, but there were over 300 FWDs, Street Stocks, Mods and various flavors of Late Models. Lots of fun!

-- Fan In The Stands

#2 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

Surely hope it is not the screwed up wreck fest it was last year.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#3 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

I know what you mean Kevin, but some people go to the races simply for the wrecks. They see it as 'cool,' but the racers see it as $$$$$$$$$$$.
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Negative people have a problem with every solution.-----------------------------

Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#4 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:53 AM

Yup that is the way I look at it,,,, Just more bodies I can build.. But they truly need to do a lot more work on that whole weekend before next year.. the whole thing was a cluster They need to have someone (one person) that is a race director over the weekend that all the series directors have to report to..Way to many chiefs last year.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#5 User is offline   starterken Icon

• Crew member
  • Icon
  • Group: New Members

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostKevin 05, on 17 November 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Yup that is the way I look at it,,,, Just more bodies I can build.. But they truly need to do a lot more work on that whole weekend before next year.. the whole thing was a cluster They need to have someone (one person) that is a race director over the weekend that all the series directors have to report to..Way to many chiefs last year.

From the grandstand side I kind of thought just the opposite. The crappy weather certainly created a bit of havoc, but given that, I thought they actually did an outstanding job at keeping things moving and getting through all the events as best and as fast as possible. And other than the Pro Lates/Jegs crate series, I didn't think it was a wreck fest either. Indeed when there was a wreck, it was a big one because of the speeds, but there's not going to be anything anyone can do about that. I had heard that the Pro Lates weren't lifting and combine that with a lot of inexperience and there's going to be a fair number of wrecks. Given some of the tire concerns, I had actually expected it to be a lot worse.

It was an awesome experience and I hope to get back there this year.

#6 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

Good luck to all the local drivers going.

Here are the entry lists - most have been updated in the last week:

https://speed51.com/...al-entry-lists/

#7 User is offline   Kevin 05 Icon

• Icon

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

How soon do you think they will amend the windshield rule once they notice 6 cars from the south that normally have them?? Probably not the thing to do they year you make a big deal out of this race being a joint venture with the Modifieds of Mayhem. 22 cars is fewer than the Dixie race last year,,or Kazoo.
The Wizard of Air

Quietly Making Noise

#8 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

Tour said that they will be posting the entries as they come through the gate, so that is fun.

They had 7 cars at the practice last weekend. There was an article that Klinect was going back after his hard hit last year...

#9 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:46 AM

21 Mods , although they lost one Michigan car (Evan Foster) due to a practice accident

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users