Michigan Short Track Racing Club: T.J. Gilbert Injured at I96 - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T.J. Gilbert Injured at I96

#1 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Touring series champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:racing

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:34 AM

I-96 Speedway
7 hrs · Berlin Center ·

FOR THOSE WHO WERE IN ATTENDANCE TONIGHT AND ALL OF OUR FANS AND RACERS PLEASE KEEP OUR RACER TJ GILBERT AND FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS TONIGHT... HE WAS INVOLVED IN A NASTY WRECK GOING INTO TURN 1 AND ROLLED AND HIT THE WALL... HE IS BEING TRANSPORTED TO THE HOSPITAL AND WAS RESPONSIVE WITH EVERYONE...
Bob Kaul
A full invert is always a good idea
Very Proud to be a Racing Bleacher Creature
MWG Bowl 2011 Fantasy Football Champion
2014 MARFC Fan Of The Year
2018Track Count
Tri City 16
Birch Run 2
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#2 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

I hope Mr. Gilbert has a quick recovery.

I saw a picture of what was left of the car, and am glad this is the discussion we are having instead of a more somber one.

#3 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:33 AM

Heard from Mike Vandermark’ FB page that he has two fractured vertebrae and will find out soon if he needs surgery. Other than that he is in good spirits and cracking jokes....
Bob Kaul
2018Track Count
Tri City 16
Birch Run 2
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#4 User is offline   kaiserfan Icon

• Icon

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:49 PM

http://www.mlive.com...cer_on_cra.html
Bob Kaul
2018Track Count
Tri City 16
Birch Run 2
Crystal 3
Merritt 6
Whittemore 2
Silver Bulliett 1
[color="#00FF00"]

#5 User is offline   Verwayne Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Senior Administrator

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

I saw this posted by T.J. on FB:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was released from the hospital today after my crash last night. What a crazy 24 hours it has been. I cant thank Tom Nolff and Mike VanderMark Jr. enough for building a safe car that I was able to survive the wreck from last night. I owe you guys my life and will always be eternally grateful. I wanna thank the crew at I-96 for everything they did as well as the ambulance crew that got me to Butterworth hospital. The doctors there were great.

I guess first I will let everyone know that I have two fractures in my C1 vertebrae and three compression fractures in my spine, as well as pulmonary contusions (bruised lungs). I will not be in a race car anytime soon as I was only able to walk on my own a couple hours ago. Secondly I would just like to thank every person who reached out to me, as I sat in that car waiting for them to cut me out I have never felt more alone in my life wondering how this was gonna end.

The ride in the ambulance was no better, but then I got to the hospital and my wife showed me my phone. The amount of people that reached out and showed their support really hit me deep and I went from feeling lost and confused to feeling like I would overcome this with ease thanks to the support of my family, each and everyone of you. I will do whatever it takes to get back behind the wheel of a race car because that is what we do.

I appreciate every message I got and just because I didn't reply didn't mean I didn't read them I just got way to many for me to reply to in my condition. You guys truly are the best friends and family a guy could have and I feel very blessed to not only be alive right now but to have all of you behind me. Good luck to you all the rest of the season and with a little luck next year I will be back out doing what we all love.
* You can't have courage unless you know fear.

Negative people have a problem with every solution.

*Never surrender your reason to your passion.

*Check out my books over on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/mul2t5v

#6 User is offline   ratracer49 Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

It was definitely a a violent wreck. To hit the wall with that kind of force on the top of the cage is just something you would never expect to happen. Glad to see it wasn't worse then it could have been.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users