Michigan Short Track Racing Club: Chargin' Charlie Ryan's Memorial Race - Michigan Short Track Racing Club

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chargin' Charlie Ryan's Memorial Race (not at home, but close to it)

#1 User is offline   schinde Icon

• schinde
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members
  • Interests:Music, motorcycles and modifieds, in varied order dependent upon season.<br /><br />And of course, my grand daughter Kayleigh, who I intend to spoil. Some say I spoiled my daughter, I say bunk, I gave her what she earned, and what I could, and she has turned out very well, thank you.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

Well, the weekend is almost here, along with Chargin' Charlie Ryan's Memorial Race being held at Springport Motor Speedway. Surely hope to see a lot of OSLM's and race fans show up for it, and give the Ryan family the reassurance that Charlie has not been forgotten in the local mid-Michigan racing scene.

Full invert hopefully.

I want to say that Jeff, Pam and the entire Springport Motor Speedway staff deserve kudos for putting this race on. Keeping the memory of a well liked driver alive is always something that is worth the effort. Same with The Godfather, Stan Perry.

Kind of wondering when Brian Heeney's Wild Child race will come to an end.

Everyone has likely heard of paying it forward.

I believe sometimes, it needs to be paid backward.

Just my humble opinion.

have a good day,

schinde
Short track racing is more fun than a human being ought to be allowed to have!

#2 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Attached File  charlie ryan.jpg (80.37K)
Number of downloads: 24

The family has been working on adding to the payout, and adding lap money. Here is the advertised purse as of today (08/05/14) for Supers at the Charlie Ryan Memorial August 9th. 1st $1200, 2nd $700,$550,$450,$400,$350,$325,$300, $275,$250, $225,$210,$185,$170, $150 on out.

Pig Roast after the races. Free to all that attend, pit or grandstands. Laps are being sold by the Family. Trophies for all classes. Hard Charger awards for all classes.
Rob Jenkins
Partner at Springport Motor Speedway
The Big Guy on a Little Bike

#3 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

The Ryan Family is working hard to raise the payout. New payout and it probably won't be the final update.

1-1200,2-800,3-600,4-500,5-450,6-400,7-350,8-325,9-300,10-300,11-275,12-240,13-200,14-180,15-20-150
Rob Jenkins

#4 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Springport Motor Speedway
Posted by Jeff Parish · 2 minutes ago
Tim Ryan just called again. the purse has been growing daily. money now for a fast time award, and some allotted for a fast car dash, along with another increase in the payout. Tim is meeting us this evening, and we will post an update for everyone after that point. Thanks! Gonna be a great show!

From Springport's Facebook page.

I will update the numbers here when I get them.
Rob Jenkins

#5 User is offline   Screaming Pickle Racing Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

1 - $1200
2 - $800
3 - $600
4 - $500
5 - $450
6 - $400
7 - $350
8 - $325
9 - $300
10 - $300
11 - $275
12 - $240
13 - $200
14 - start $200
Rob Jenkins

#6 User is offline   Gunner Icon

• Touring series rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Senior Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

Any results to share with those of us who could not attend?

#7 User is offline   fastbackss Icon

• Track champion
  • Icon

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostGunner, on 11 August 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

Any results to share with those of us who could not attend?

From Springport's web page:
Springport, Michigan (8/9) – A strong field of 18 Kitsmiller RV Super Late Models lined up to pay tribute to one of the all-time great Super Late Models competitors in the Mid-Michigan area, Charlie Ryan Jr. Given the moniker “Chargin’ Charlie” because of his ability to start deep in a field and charge his way to the front of the field, Charlie was a fan favorite, for his tenacity and success behind the wheel. This would be the 10th annual celebration of the life of Charlie Ryan Jr. and the first edition of the event to be hosted at the picturesque 3/8s (.375) mile oval.

Bill Heeney Jr. started the 50-lap grind on the pole. Heeney would pace the field for the opening 14 laps, before being displaced by a hard charging Brian Huntley, who entered the night leading the point standings by just one marker over Randy Day. Huntley would lead just a pair of circuits before he would succumb to a quick Dan Krzywosinski. After missing the opening two nights of the season, Krzywosinski had been undefeated since debuting his ride, with a three-race long win streak on the line. While the field would do everything they could to try and overcome the Clio, Michigan pilot, it was not to be as Dan Krzywosinski went on to win his first Charlie Ryan Jr. Memorial in his very first attempt. Randy Day was second and unofficially would take the points lead. Bob Bauer would finish third with Huntley and Dan Stehouwer completing the top five. Charlie Ryan Jr.’s brother Tim Ryan would win the six-car Dash, while John Kulikowski and Bauer would take the heat races. Krzywosinski was the fastest in qualifications with a 15.257 (88.48 mph). After being sent to the rear around the mid-point of the feature, Brian Huntley would be tagged as the winner of the Hard Charger award for passing the most cars in the race.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users