Chad Finley Nascar Truck Series Debut

From ARCA to CRA,USAC to AVSS and everything in between!
jeff finley
Full time racer

Chad Finley Nascar Truck Series Debut

Post by jeff finley » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:03 am

[attachment=2252:MIS Pic.JPG] Rette Jones Racing Forms NASCAR Truck Series Team With Driver Chad Finley

MOORESVILLE, North Carolina (August 11, 2015) - - Rette Jones Racing (RJR) confirmed today that their Mooresville, North Carolina team has expanded its operations to now include an entry in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS), which will debut this Saturday afternoon at Michigan International Speedway in the Careers for Veterans 200.

Co-owners Terry Jones and Mark Rette will debut their team in the Irish Hills of Brooklyn, Michigan with DeWitt, Michigan native Chad Finley (@Chad_Finley) at the helm. Finley, a successful and predominant figure in Late Models across the Great Lakes region.

The 13th race of the season will mark the debut of Finley in any of NASCAR’s national divisions. Rette will call the race as crew chief of the No. 30 Auto Value Parts Stores / Airlift Company Ford, while Finley’s father, Jeff, also a successful racer will help oversee the weekend in other aspects.

“We’re excited about this next step in Rette Jones Racing,” said Rette. “Our team has come a long way in a very short amount of time and we’re proud of the success we’ve had. Our move to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is a giant leap for us, but we wouldn’t make the move if we didn’t think we had the capabilities of being successful.

“Chad is a talented race car driver who hones his skills on the track, but his work ethic and determination outside the race car is just as majestic. We hope for great things at Michigan this weekend. It’s one of my favorite tracks.”

For Finley, this weekend is not only about redemption, but also the chance to shine.

“I’m incredibly thankful to Rette Jones Racing, Auto Value, Airlift and all of our sponsors for this opportunity to race at Michigan this weekend,” said Finley. “I’ve been waiting for this moment since 2011. My determination to showcase my talent and abilities has never been stronger and I just can’t wait to climb in that beautiful No. 30 Auto Value Parts Stores / Airlift Company Ford.”

While Finley and the Rette Jones Racing have been methodically building and massaging their truck over the past several weeks, they know that Saturday’s race would not be possible without the support of fellow Ford teammate Brad Keselowski Racing (BKR).

The truck that Finley will pilot this weekend is a former BKR truck. Finley is a former BKR driver, competing in the ARCA Racing Series for the Sprint Cup Series champion owner in 2009 and 2010.

“Brad and everyone at BKR has been incredibly helpful and we’re indebted to them for that,” added Finley. “It’s nice to know after all these years that Brad and everyone that I worked with at BKR still wants to see me succeed on a different level. Michigan may be a big track, but you need so much to go right to be in contention. Thanks to everyone’s hard work, I think our chances look good.”

Rette says that he and Jones have not set any expectations for their NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut. Seeing the checkered flag, however, will be top priority.

“We want to come out of the box and be competitive at Michigan this weekend,” added Rette. “For Chad, I know he wants to do extremely well, because it’s his backyard and we understand that. We’re going to do everything in our power to bring home a good finish for him and our sponsors.

“But, we’re also planning to build our notebook so the next time we come to the track we can be even better than we are at Michigan. We’re excited about the future and glad to have Chad aboard.”

In addition to Auto Value Parts Stores and Certified Service Centers and Airlift, RJR welcomes Jones Group International, JAAR Excavating, Pro Systems, Goodridge Fluid Transfer Systems and Russo’s Tinting as associate marketing partners for their NCWTS premiere.

Additional NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races for RJR will be announced at a later date.

The Careers for Veterans 200 presented by The Cooper Standard Foundation and Brad Keselowski’s Checkered Flag Foundation (100 laps / 200 miles) is the 12th of 23 races on the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule. The first practice session of the day begins on Friday, August 14 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:25 p.m. A final practice session has been etched from 3:00 p.m. – 4:25 p.m. Qualifying is set for race day, Saturday, August 15 at 9:40 a.m. The 32-truck starting field will take the green flag shortly after 1:00 p.m. with live coverage on FOX Sports 1, the Motor Racing Network (Radio) and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (Satellite Radio, Channel 90. All times are local.

Follow Rette Jones Racing on Twitter @RetteJones30. A new Rette Jones Racing website will be unveiled soon.

Finley tweets too. Follow him @Chad_Finley. www.chadfinley.com

Courtney Hannah, Rette Jones Racing

channah@rettejonesracing.com

-30-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fastbackss
Track champion

Re: Chad Finley Nascar Truck Series Debut

Post by fastbackss » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:08 am

Sweet! Good luck. Looks like 34 entered, including A. Dillon, R. Blaney, Ky. Busch - going to be a good to watch...

racer6
Track champion

Post by racer6 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:40 am

Good luck this Saturday!

fastbackss
Track champion

Post by fastbackss » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:32 pm

16th in opening practice and 18th in final practice - not too shabby...

fastbackss
Track champion

Post by fastbackss » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Nice job this past weekend!

BigEd
Touring series champion

Post by BigEd » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:11 am

[quote name='fastbackss' date='26 June 2018 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1530066640' post='244992']

Nice job this past weekend!

[/quote]

Agreed!!

6th place isn't anything to complain about when you consider how out "moneyed" his team is compared to all the other trucks finishing in the top 10.

Nice Job!!

Go Chad!!

Spartan Speedway Announcer since 2003

Owosso Speedway Announcer 1999-2002, then 2014 till ???

fastbackss
Track champion

Post by fastbackss » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 am

12th was good in qualifying, too bad lost an engine

fastbackss
Track champion

Post by fastbackss » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Good to see Chad back on the entry list for this weekend in Iowa.